NWC Preview

Keep The Faith

Surprised there hasn't been that much discussion around this match with it being just round the corner.

Quite looking forward to seeing how much progress has been made since Boxing Day; hopefully JK will put out his strongest side to measure it.  Always enjoy the NWC's visit - very decent and vocal fans.  Hopefully a decent match tomorrow and a look at if Brambani has managed to get a measure of the pitch for a few 40/20 opportunities!!

Would be disappointed if we don't win by at least 20 tomorrow based on the fact we're at home to a lower division outfit.

Surprised there hasn't been that much discussion around this match with it being just round the corner.

Quite looking forward to seeing how much progress has been made since Boxing Day; hopefully JK will put out his strongest side to measure it.  Always enjoy the NWC's visit - very decent and vocal fans.  Hopefully a decent match tomorrow and a look at if Brambani has managed to get a measure of the pitch for a few 40/20 opportunities!!

Would be disappointed if we don't win by at least 20 tomorrow based on the fact we're at home to a lower division outfit.

Yep, am looking forward to seeing Ulugia and if he is anywhere near full fitness. I also think he might at some point have our full team out as l think the Hunslet match is too close to the start of the season to risk everyone!

SQUAD V North Wales Crusaders

1. James Craven. 2. Wayne Reittie. 3. Chris Ulugia. 4. Shaun Squires. 5. Shaun Ainscough. 6. Cane Southernwood. 7. Dom Brambani. 8. Keegan Hirst. 9. Luke Blake. 12. Sam Scott. 13. Pat Walker. 15. Adam Gledhill. 17. Joe Chandler. 18. Tom Lillycrop. 19. Alex Bretherton. 20. Alistair Leak. 21. James Brown. 22. Dave Scott. 23. Danny Cowling. 24. James Harrison. 25. Zack McComb. 31. Jon Tinker (Amateur Trialist).

22 Players in All. All will feature.

Looking forward to seeing some rugby

IMG_0583.JPG

SQUAD V North Wales Crusaders

1. James Craven. 2. Wayne Reittie. 3. Chris Ulugia. 4. Shaun Squires. 5. Shaun Ainscough. 6. Cane Southernwood. 7. Dom Brambani. 8. Keegan Hirst. 9. Luke Blake. 12. Sam Scott. 13. Pat Walker. 15. Adam Gledhill. 17. Joe Chandler. 18. Tom Lillycrop. 19. Alex Bretherton. 20. Alistair Leak. 21. James Brown. 22. Dave Scott. 23. Danny Cowling. 24. James Harrison. 25. Zack McComb. 31. Jon Tinker (Amateur Trialist).

22 Players in All. All will feature.

Looking forward to seeing some rugby

Our first team minus rowe day and paddy

Our first team minus rowe day and paddy

and dont forget its also minus James Davey , he mustnt be in your first team squad but he is definetly in mine , got a slight hamstring strain in training , JK would rather rest him this week 

IMG_0583.JPG

and dont forget its also minus James Davey , he mustnt be in your first team squad but he is definetly in mine , got a slight hamstring strain in training , JK would rather rest him this week

oh he is i forgot him bob but maybe JK knows he could be first choice but who will interchange with him? Blake vs leak?

I thought the same thing last year, Chairman.

Unfortunately I'll be at the wrong side of the Pennines at 2pm tomorrow, so will not be able to watch the 'Dogs make amends (hopefully).

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Hoggy hoggy hoggy.

Looking forward to it and avoiding household chores till sunday!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Looked fit eager and confident.

Roger and rhinos lads look like keepers.

The intensity went missing but I feel entertained and the signs look good for this season

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Looked fit eager and confident.

Roger and rhinos lads look like keepers.

The intensity went missing but I feel entertained and the signs look good for this season

It was ok, decent enough after such a long break l suppose. Thought Tinker struggled a bit with the physicality and speed, but was impressed with Harrison, who sort of grew into the match.

JK was still experimenting with the side but l guess the second half team was close to the one that will start against Leigh. 

For me, the benefits were when we were passing around the play the ball, the forwards, especially Gledhill, Lillicrop and Leak, who had a great game.

A few defensive issues to sort out but it was an entertaining afternoon.

Would also like to add how impressed l was with the 'stuff' going on around the match itself. e.g. The PA system was mightily impressive, the scoreboard looked good once the glitches were sorted, the cheerleaders were a good addition, and having the successful Batley Boys team was great too. l would imagine as time goes on, this will become more slick and even more impressive - well done everyone concerned!

Hear hear d.d.

James Harrison reminds me of walmsley. Gangly but a handful with a good collision technique and leg drive.

Blake looked good as did leek. I wonder why??

Nice to see a friendly played with a bit of angst. Shame boxing day can't be played as such. I came away having enjoyed the afternoons entertainment and echo the comments about the cheer leaders etc and good of us to put up the Welsh spelling when we scored a " TYR" :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived