Batley Game

andyram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on how many games he got last night? If any at all.

I know as a Dewsbury fan you have to stay optimistic GF, but even the those who think their glass overfloweth,was expecting at least two matches! 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

big of you,anyway you'll be glad to know Farrell's injured with a broken arm so any suspension will be served whilst he's sidelined.

I've never been sure about this but do players get paid when they are suspended? Otherwise, in this case for example, there is no punishment, hence no lesson to be learned.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I've never been sure about this but do players get paid when they are suspended? Otherwise, in this case for example, there is no punishment, hence no lesson to be learned.

Fair point, but I think Faz might have preferred the ban without the broken arm - and of course it might keep him out longer.  :(

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Fair point, but I think Faz might have preferred the ban without the broken arm - and of course it might keep him out longer.  :(

Are you suggesting that the broken arm was punishment in a way for the offence? (please don't anybody cite "karma" until they understand the meaning of the word  :rtfm: )

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

With respect BSJ I think the £100 fine plus loss of bonuses etc will not hurt Faz as much as not being where he belongs and that is on the pitch with the other 12 warriors entertaining us who are too soft to play or weren't good enough to play (and I am in the former group !)

You don't need to be too clever to observe his sheer enthusiasm for the game.

I do know where your coming from though.

With respect BSJ I think the £100 fine plus loss of bonuses etc will not hurt Faz as much as not being where he belongs and that is on the pitch with the other 12 warriors entertaining us who are too soft to play or weren't good enough to play (and I am in the former group !)

You don't need to be too clever to observe his sheer enthusiasm for the game.

I do know where your coming from though.

Agreed. My original question still stands though: do suspended players continue to be paid? (For some teams bonuses might not be featuring to heavily this season.)

Do they get paid holidays, statutory sick pay and maternity leave?

It will all be down on the terms of their contracts (written or verbal).

'Natural Justice' (imo) would suggest that if a player makes himself unavailable to play though suspension he would also lose pay during that time.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived