Batley Game

andyram

As I said yesterday (i.e Saturday)fitness told, you were worthy leaders after 55 minutes but your energy just disappeared then, and on a number of occasions you had to give penalties away to protect your line. This isn't boasting, cos we weren't any better than you mistakes or discipline wise, worst performance for a while from us, flat and clueless on attack, awful positional kicking, halves did nothing for us, poor kicking game and too much fancy off-loading when it wasn't on. You had Sykes who put in a great shift but your pack apart from Farrell never backed him up. You're all having a moan about Farrell but I reckon he's ok, never short on enthusiasm and runs into contact strongly. Thought Grady was a centre, wasted in the pack, you need his size out wide.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said yesterday (i.e Saturday)fitness told, you were worthy leaders after 55 minutes but your energy just disappeared then, and on a number of occasions you had to give penalties away to protect your line. This isn't boasting, cos we weren't any better than you mistakes or discipline wise, worst performance for a while from us, flat and clueless on attack, awful positional kicking, halves did nothing for us, poor kicking game and too much fancy off-loading when it wasn't on. You had Sykes who put in a great shift but your pack apart from Farrell never backed him up. You're all having a moan about Farrell but I reckon he's ok, never short on enthusiasm and runs into contact strongly. Thought Grady was a centre, wasted in the pack, you need his size out wide.

Perfect and accurate criticism Phildog, and the reason, in my opinion that we have lost games this season which we would have won last year - fitness. It was clear from the start, including pre-season, that we were well short in that department but many of us expected the coaching staff to build upon that as the season progressed, but they haven't. We badly miss Gibbo's influence from previous seasons - maybe he was disguising other failings in our set up - I don't know, but something vital is missing and needs a quick fix. Otherwise NickD's woeful prophesies will come to pass.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You seem a bit of a conundrum this year. Plenty of good players and some excellent one off performances. You also seem to compete in every game but don't always get over the line. The way you came back in out first game after Batley produced an electric first 30 minutes was very noteworthy.

You seem to be lacking a bit of fitness and size in the pack from what I've seen, and a bit of consistency at half back. By the sounds of it, Sykes has one excellent game, then a quiet one.

Yesterday the difference was Brown and Lillycrop as you didn't seem to be able to handle them, plus a little bit of game savvy in the last 15 (particularly from Pat Walker) in a game that was pretty even and could have gone either way. For what it's worth though I didn't think either side played overly well, except for the odd spurt.

In my opinion Grady is totally wasted in the pack, he's one of the best centres in the league, especially in the attaching sense. And Hemmingway isn't a hooker. You could do worse than playing him at 7. He might not be a line breaker, but he's a good organiser at this level, with a smart kicking game. He also adds direction to a team, and would potentially free Sykes up to focus on the creative side.

You should be far too good to go down though from what I've seen.

As I said in the pub before the game that bench will win it for Batley,w Walker,Lillycrop & Brown & I was correct. Why we played Hemingway ahead of Conroy is beyond me,was Tonks injured? Another player that could have had an impact. Ill discipline cost us again yesterday.

As I said in the pub before the game that bench will win it for Batley,w Walker,Lillycrop & Brown & I was correct. Why we played Hemingway ahead of Conroy is beyond me,was Tonks injured? Another player that could have had an impact. Ill discipline cost us again yesterday.

Yeah I'd agree with you there.

Over the last 4-5 games our bench has been very strong and the nip and tuck games have been won with good substitutions at crucial times.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Who do we blame for our ill discipline??? We are worst disciplined team in league! Pen pen pen piggy back pen pen pen... That's all we see all game! Getting boring now. Is it the players or the coach??? His tactics, his players?? If we lose to Oldham at home, we are not in a good position at all. Things not looking good at minute.

Farrell is the most committed player we have, I wish we had a team full of his quality. What probably caused frustration is the dropped balls from good passes most of which were from Farrell. Perhaps our players should avoid buttering Tcakes before a game !!!

On the good side we weren't rolled over, may be not the prettiest game but they did ok. Keep supporting them.

farrel is nothing butba dirty thug, should of been red carded for sure and if rfl dont ban him theres something wrong, no place for someone like that in rugby, definatly no roll model just another dirty sam barlow imo of course...

Careful hes got a cult status. "Plays to the edge apparently". Nah cheat mixed in with grub. Likes to mix it when hes 3rd man in or 4 rows back in a melee.

Determination though apparently

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Careful hes got a cult status. "Plays to the edge apparently". Nah cheat mixed in with grub. Likes to mix it when hes 3rd man in or 4 rows back in a melee.

ColinB's comment actually, so you need to have a word I reckon.

Otherwise, as always, I couldn't hope to contradict your erudite analysis.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A total disgrace from what as become a  rabble.That display would have been bad in the lowest of all the leagues.To start off like they did and then put in that display beggars belief.Ill discipline is more a feature of the team then any football skills.Its time the coach started to fine those committing constant fouls.Unless they had to resort to spoiling tactics due to their unfitness.We spend 50k on a second team and then dont play em when we get injuries in the first team.The rumors of unrest wont go away so its time the Chairman stepped in.Get them all in a room lock the door till its sorted. Somethings got to be sorted and soon.

Could be even more cowardly and call people names from behind the safety of a keyboard ! ;) The knees were naughty but this opinion that he his some sort of psychopath is unfathomable. If you don't like it rough you should try crown green bowling or something more sedate.

yes Faz likes to get stuck in to those Batley scrotes doesn't he.

That's one of his very good points.

Keep it up faz lad.

typical reaction from an idiot, suppose you was one of the idiots that was fighting on occasions against his own supporters, comments like that doesn't look good on you or your club, so imo opinion idiots like you have never grown up and comment and act like a little child.

yes Faz likes to get stuck in to those Batley scrotes doesn't he.

That's one of his very good points.

Keep it up faz lad.

Yes.keep it up 'faz lad'.

Us 'scrotes' love beating dewsbury every time you cripple your team with pointless penalties.

In a season when you can hardly afford to lose many more games,is that another of his very good points?

Top post silcoates.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Calm down you Batley fans

You bit like i thought you would.

Just banter you lads.

I know the rams are in one hell of a hole at the moment,and one of the reasons is all the penalties.

Of course we bit.

What else do you do in the face of provocation?

Just like 'faz lad' does with all the nasty attention he gets from the opposition........

Its not his fault really is it?

;-)

Faz is just hard and an awesome player. Happy Kipperbang?

Incidentally id tell him he was a "third man in warrior" to his mush

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Interesting to find out what happens to Keegan Hirst re the last dust up just before full time. Entering the field of play without permission.

After the hooter had gone?

Anyone know if the RFL have got round to reading the refs report/watching the video yet?

big of you,anyway you'll be glad to know Farrell's injured with a broken arm so any suspension will be served whilst he's sidelined.

Did Farrell break his arm in the Batley game or in training?

Archived