Huddersfield match

Blue Pike

There's a pic on Facebook of acuma tai's try which wasn't a try clearly lost possession, still a grubbing though. Think a lot of its down to mental attitude,some players thinking we've reached the top 4 so job done, Jon Sharpe has got a job on lifting them for next week after conceding 60 plus 2 week on the trot, he doesn't sound a happy bunny though, few ass kickings in training next week.

Id like to see a photo 5 seconds prior to that being taken which will show him over the line and not griffin trying to con the ref and push him back

R.e. Batley - pretty sure Kear wont be standing for that as well as JS with us

Being the only PT teams in the 8s we arent making a fist of it at the minute and both coaches will be wanting to put that right

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won the last 3 games of the Championship league against 3 good sides, by playing smart rugby respecting the ball, playing our sets out and getting a good kick in and making the opposition work hard out of there own 20. We're playing a lot better full time teams now, but against Leeds we seemed to panic with ball in hand and turned cheap ball over, I heard the completion rate was about 30 odd%, sound simular today, we're not gving ourselves any chance at all with them stats against quality teams, get back to playing smart and we can get a lot closer to the full time teams.

Exactly. We all seem to have different expectations of these qualifiers - maybe the chance of a shock win against a SL team is beyond us - but again I believe that we could and should be doing much better. Too many soft tries today - I don't care who the opposition is.

Ref was terrible. If we hadn't shouted loud enough I don't think we'd have got anything.

Shocked at the scoteline yesterday for you guys, thought you would push them close. Is it job done and financial security so grab the cash to go again next year or target the championship clubs to get £750k. The shock to the system is the pace the game is played but what we have seen at Leigh is that the Salford game was refd much quicker than the London one, but to compete all games should be refd the same otherwise we can't get up to speed when asked. Be interesting how our game is refd on Sunday as a fast game really suits us

Shocked at the scoteline yesterday for you guys, thought you would push them close. Is it job done and financial security so grab the cash to go again next year or target the championship clubs to get £750k. The shock to the system is the pace the game is played but what we have seen at Leigh is that the Salford game was refd much quicker than the London one, but to compete all games should be refd the same otherwise we can't get up to speed when asked. Be interesting how our game is refd on Sunday as a fast game really suits us

yes we've played 2 very good teams who are clearly stronger and faster, but we've made it hard for ourselves making silly errors and doing too much defending in dangerous positions and seem to crack mid way through the game. Leigh are probly on par with the likes of Huddersfield, Salford and kr, wouldnt be far off Leeds either on there day. We've only a handful of players used to the intensity of super league, we're as just about the whole leigh squad can up there game that intensity having plenty of experience there. But we've given leigh 2 very good games and got nowhere near Leeds or huddersfield, think it's partly down to mental attitude, we've reached our goal of top 4, we're not going to get promoted, so we roll over, plus partly the diffrence in the game against sl opposition. They seem to get away with pinching a yard or 2 in the defensive line and a lot of the flat passes would be deemed forward at championship level.

Ps what is ground admission cost?

£24 on the day - scandalous!

Though if you bought pre paid tickets through the club it was £21 - if you are playing them away too i imagine something of a similar discount will occur

We did get our own end behind the sticks though and they were flogging off all the leftover pies and hot dogs at the end of the game for £1

Every cloud and all that - had a nice meat and potato for my tea

Though if you bought pre paid tickets through the club it was £21 - if you are playing them away too i imagine something of a similar discount will occur

You can get the £3 saving also by buying online and picking up at the ticket office on the day, or, as i did, pass the giants stadium and call in midweek.

Agree about the pinching a few yards, also slowing down at ruck in a way that's not penalised, Salford scored off two very dubious passes on Saturday that wouldn't have stood in our comp. what's the admission cost this weekend at yours as we should be bringing a lot

Agree about the pinching a few yards, also slowing down at ruck in a way that's not penalised, Salford scored off two very dubious passes on Saturday that wouldn't have stood in our comp. what's the admission cost this weekend at yours as we should be bringing a lot

think it's 20 quid, or 22 to Sit in the new stands. Hope our lot aren't too disheartened and turn out in numbers again. Should be a good game

it's also £22 for Fev fans to sit in new stand, so your not being taken advantage of.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

We won the last 3 games of the Championship league against 3 good sides, by playing smart rugby respecting the ball, playing our sets out and getting a good kick in and making the opposition work hard out of there own 20. We're playing a lot better full time teams now, but against Leeds we seemed to panic with ball in hand and turned cheap ball over, I heard the completion rate was about 30 odd%, sound simular today, we're not gving ourselves any chance at all with them stats against quality teams, get back to playing smart and we can get a lot closer to the full time teams.

annoys me people going on about superior fitness and being full time, thats nothing to do with completing sets and thats what were not doing, out of the 1st 6 sets on Sunday we only completed 1, never win any game with stats like that

Archived