24-25 Sept: League 1 Super 8s Semi-Finals Match Thread

nice gesture by the RFL to be honest at least they are listening to the clubs travel problems for such an important game AND it also allows a few supporters to get there (I know there will also be a few who have already made their own arrangements).

The game should not even be in France but at a neutral venue in the UK! And if Barrow win, next season will be hard for all part time teams to have to go to Canada and France. If the overseas teams are full time they should be introduced into a full time structure, not League One.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game should not even be in France but at a neutral venue in the UK! And if Barrow win, next season will be hard for all part time teams to have to go to Canada and France. If the overseas teams are full time they should be introduced into a full time structure, not League One.

Toulouse earned that right by finishing top though. Your second point however, is bang on. 

And why suddenly has the play off final been changed to the home of the highest placed team rather than a neutral ground as in previous years then Gav? All top sided in favour of the only full time team, that's why!!

Since last year when this structure was introduced. Same as MPG

And why suddenly has the play off final been changed to the home of the highest placed team rather than a neutral ground as in previous years then Gav? All top sided in favour of the only full time team, that's why!!

I imagine the real reason is cost cutting from the RFL in not having to rent a stadium for the day, rather than any conspiracy theory.

I enjoyed the finals day at Widnes last year, Swinton v Keighley was a great game, and Fev v London was entertaining, if a bit pointless.

I imagine the real reason is cost cutting from the RFL in not having to rent a stadium for the day, rather than any conspiracy theory.

I enjoyed the finals day at Widnes last year, Swinton v Keighley was a great game, and Fev v London was entertaining, if a bit pointless.

It's still wrong Gav. You can't expect a team to go to Canada with one weeks notice next year if the same applies. Being the only play off final maybe they should make it the curtain raiser to next year's Grand Final. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Archived