24-25 Sept: League 1 Super 8s Semi-Finals Match Thread

Thank god. Its done. Its over. Hopefully thats the last we'll hear of a Guildford owned York City Knights ever again.

The coaching staff and the players have been amazing for York this year. Hopefully they will all go on to find better clubs.

Its a shame the Knights 'board' couldn't even be bothered to sort out an end of season awards do to thank them for their efforts..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree Gav. 

James Ford is such a class act - I feel really sorry for him and his players. For my money a fully fit York squad is the second best in League 1.

The 12 men of York should be proud of themselves. They actually conceded less points than the 17 men of Keighley did a few months back! 

TBH if those 12 of York had played that Keighley side York would have won.

Awesome from York. The temperature was about 85° and they kept going for the full 80. Two injuries meant they actually  had 10 fit players.

James Ford is a class act and he has performed miracles. Toulouse were on a hiding to nothing as a big score would have had their critics saying it was only against 12 men and a small win would have made them a ###### side unable to put teams away etc etc. A professional performance though not great preparation for Barrow or Donny but at least they regained some confidence.

Totally not fair on Toulouse, how is this good preparation for the final next week? Especially after the loss to Rochdale last week? Barrow now favourites to go up imo

Post match Sylvain Houles said it wasn't great preparation but it was an 'embarassing' situation for them to have to play against 12 men. Better preparaton would have been a 17 v 17 encounter but the matter was taken out of their hands. Next week will be a final between two teams who want to play fast running RL and Houles backs his team to beat anyone playing that brand of rugby on the day.

Post match Sylvain Houles said it wasn't great preparation but it was an 'embarassing' situation for them to have to play against 12 men. Better preparaton would have been a 17 v 17 encounter but the matter was taken out of their hands. Next week will be a final between two teams who want to play fast running RL and Houles backs his team to beat anyone playing that brand of rugby on the day.

Well they need to play much better than they did against Rochdale. Barrow have their tales up after their last good performance against TO.

Well they need to play better than they did against York too !

A lot of errors, low set completion and some slack concentration will cost them dearly against Barrow and less so against Donny.

I think they should have rattled up three figures against York.

TO Vs Barrow RLFC it is then

Currently 34-6 not long left, Barrow can not afford to go over there a few days early, Setting off at 5am The day before, IMO this will give Tolouse a big advantage.

A fair few SL clubs fly in and out on game day to play Catalan these days, its only a 2 hour flight.

No different to the Barrow lads travelling to Yorkshire on a coach really!

A fair few SL clubs fly in and out on game day to play Catalan these days, its only a 2 hour flight.

No different to the Barrow lads travelling to Yorkshire on a coach really!

Never considered the Hunslet Riviera as a centre of European culture !

barrow have to fly from Luton this time so its a good 4/5 hours coach trip down just to catch the flight so you are so wrong Gav

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Come on gav sl players are full time pros

What does that have to do with anything?

There are 5 amateur Rugby teams on the Isle of man who fly into Liverpool every other week to play and fly back same day!!

Now OK only 30min flight but don't see what travelling has to do with performance based on how much you are getting paid for the privilege.

I must say I really feel for these semi pro players too. I mean being paid to play a game they love and getting to travel to different places and embrace different cultures, it must be torture

Judging by some of the comments, I'm guessing these people haven't actually asked the players what they think/feel

Clearly though, it's all a fix by the RFL and It'll be impossible for Barrow to overcome the jet lag so got to be a Toulouse win for me

Weve got what weve got and im sure the Barrow players who can make it over to France will give it their all but there will inevitably be absentees due to work etc (like a couple of weeks ago when we played in Toulouse), so its not a level playing field ... mind you the current leagues set up and club funding is way off a level playing field.

Regarding the Luton flights and not Manchester, im not sure but I read somewhere that the RFL sort these things out for the teams??? I stand to be corrected !!!

Lee Morton

Regarding the Luton flights and not Manchester, im not sure but I read somewhere that the RFL sort these things out for the teams??? I stand to be corrected !!!

The RFL have chartered a plane for Barrow Rugby to get to Toulouse for the Play Off Final. The plane leaves Manchester 8am Sat 1st Oct and returns same day at 9pm at night. 

The players and coaching staff and only 36 supporters can go on this plane. 

It's £150 for the return flight. 

You will need to make full payment when booking and give your full Passport details within 24 hrs of booking!

These places are strictly FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, NO EXCEPTIONS. 

There are no travel arrangements to get to Manchester. You will need your own transport to Manchester. 

Contact the Rugby Shop 824454 to book.

Lovely stuff! 

nice gesture by the RFL to be honest at least they are listening to the clubs travel problems for such an important game AND it also allows a few supporters to get there (I know there will also be a few who have already made their own arrangements).

Lee Morton

Archived