2017 World Club Series Details Confimed

Nobody's pointed out either that the last two Four Nation's Finals have been on a Saturday evening. I'd agree not ideal for catching the last train home- that aside, I don't see the big deal

only 2009 had anything comparable. That was 7.30pm. 2011 was 6pm. Like the Grand Final. An established time.

You do realise that staging games when public transport is limited will limit your crowds. Like the Coventry double header where the event finishes after the last trains North.

Still it'll be fine in Warrington as its a local event for local people.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise that staging games when public transport is limited will limit your crowds. Like the Coventry double header where the event finishes after the last trains North.

I always used to watch the GB v Australia and New Zealand Test series. That was until they decided they would schedule the GB v New Zealand match at Blackburn on a Saturday evening with a 6pm kick off IIRC. I don't drive and using public transport meant I would have to leave Blackburn at about half time to get back to Manchester to make the connection back to Hull. Needless to say I didn't bother.

rldfsignature.jpg

only 2009 had anything comparable. That was 7.30pm. 2011 was 6pm. Like the Grand Final. An established time.

Still it'll be fine in Warrington as its a local event for local people.

Aye I do realise mate, that's why I mentioned it (and why I'm staying overnight in Coventry). All the best

i think the 5-6pm kick offs are probably spot on. It allows for public transport, families to be home at a reasonable time, and caters for those fans who want to go for a night out straight after.

We are making it more and more difficult for fans to attend, some of it enforced by broadcasters but then other sports manage.

Still, sure the RFL have it all in hand..... maybe.

i think the 5-6pm kick offs are probably spot on. It allows for public transport, families to be home at a reasonable time, and caters for those fans who want to go for a night out straight after.

We are making it more and more difficult for fans to attend, some of it enforced by broadcasters but then other sports manage.

Still, sure the RFL have it all in hand..... maybe.

As I say I think the BBC quite like this and have thrown a couple of 8pm games in the last couple of 6 nations. Not sure but could it help with viewing times in Aus with later kick offs as well?.

As I say I think the BBC quite like this and have thrown a couple of 8pm games in the last couple of 6 nations. Not sure but could it help with viewing times in Aus with later kick offs as well?.

im not aware of uk based 8pm saturday ko's although i dont follow it.

only Saturday 8pm was a France game (9pm tgere) on the final day to get 3 games in.

I didn't realise you were such a big Strictly/Casualty fan, Dave.

I'm ok with Saturday games. Premier League football seems to be spreading itself more thinly across the weekend and Dave's argument that other sports don't use the 8pm spot seems to be as much an argument for RL using it as it is against. As has been said, Friday 8pm was not a popular sports slot until we made it our own, and now there is quite a lot of competition there.

On the recent RFL survey about kick-off times I stated that my preferred kick-off times for attending a game would be on a Saturday (any time) or a Sunday at 3pm. I'd stand by that. I really don't like the way we have been pushed out to Monday and then Thursday nights in recent years - genuine graveyard slots.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I didn't realise you were such a big Strictly/Casualty fan, Dave.

I'm ok with Saturday games. Premier League football seems to be spreading itself more thinly across the weekend and Dave's argument that other sports don't use the 8pm spot seems to be as much an argument for RL using it as it is against. As has been said, Friday 8pm was not a popular sports slot until we made it our own, and now there is quite a lot of competition there.

On the recent RFL survey about kick-off times I stated that my preferred kick-off times for attending a game would be on a Saturday (any time) or a Sunday at 3pm. I'd stand by that. I really don't like the way we have been pushed out to Monday and then Thursday nights in recent years - genuine graveyard slots.

id love to see us return to Saturday games for tv, but as a family sport id rather we dont isolate these groups further as we have done with Thursday evenings. It is the 8pm i have an issue with.

Sports far bigger than ours have demonstrated effective slots, as have we over the years (Premier League now uses SL traditional slots of Friday night and Saturday tea-time), im not sure why we arent arranging our events using tried and tested methods.

We have reduced crowds at Cup semis with a Friday night (lets not go over that game again!), reduced SL crowds with Thursdays, i believe we will see average crowds in the 4N with Friday night games in Hull and Workington, a crazy double header schedule), Sunday games for OP and the Final (unprecedented) - and now staging a high profile club game at 8pm on Saturday (unprecendented).

We dont have enough fans to just stage games anywhere at any time, Thursday games have shown that, this is our product, it needs to be customer friendly, but im sure we can just change the structure and cross our fingers!

Archived