Another bad home loss!

glemiln

18-42  - the only consolation is that we conceded fewer penalties (9-13) than Sheffield. Defence wins matches, but shipping 30 in a first half doesn't, unless you are Batley with the slope, etc! Hardly a first half performance "to repay the fans"!  Apparently, we missed at least 3 chances on the opposition line, by careless play. 

We have now shipped 188 points in 5 league games. Seems that we are finding it difficult to match the pace in the Championship now the dry grounds are here.  Also, I wonder if DReg, (4 in side for each of last 2 games, not all the same) is upsetting our play?  Whatever the reasons, some radical surgery or treatment is required and I hope that we can find a hoarde of plasters in time for Monday.  With Oldham winning, Swinton will be anxious to get their season started, but hopefully not at our expense, and others in the bottom places are starting to win.  It would be great if we could too- sooner rather than too later.

Not a good performance. No excuses.We were well beaten by a better team. The defence was terrible in the first half and at half time I was expecting them to reach 60 points by the final whistle.  In the second half we tightened up a bit and fortunately they seemed to lose their momentum. A vast improvement is needed if we are to get any points against Swinton.

Sheffield looked bigger, faster man for man.With a third of the season over all of a sudden its looking bleak, three of the four teams below us have a game in hand on us. I think Swinton could be a massive result one way or the other.

Everything that was wrong with that performance today was epitomised by Matty Blyth. Don't think I've seen anyone so not arsed about being paid to play a game since Gary wheeler in the saints DR days. Two high balls right underneath his wing in an attacking position and twice he just stood there looking upwards but not jumping, not trying to tackle the defender, doing nothing useful. He knocked on about three times and spent his defensive duties jumping out of the line and leaving us short. How he was preferred to Galbraith I'll never understand - he did the same for use against Halifax - sod all.

Last weekend our DR players were superb - Livett, Johnson and that Andre dude all didn't the business and I have absolutely no problem with that. We were short of players and they stepped in and did the team proud. Blyth though - everything that's wrong with the system.

At the moment we look bereft of confidence, of attacking options, and our right side is laughable on defence. Now is the time for our 'killer' coach to earn his stripes - make no bones about it, we're in a hole and he needs to do something about it and quick

2 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Who is they DD?

We have Brent.

I totally agree with a previous post. Why did we not take 2 points to go 8 up at the start of the game. with ball back we could and should have controlled the early game. But what do we do we ignore two points lose possession on the first tackle, they go the length of the field and score 6 points.

Our final attacking move all afternoon was a high kick to the wing. Why not slide one or two on the floor.

Swinton only have to play half decent on Monday to pull off a win.

One final thing for those who are  going to the game I believe that Swinton now play at Heywood Road the old home of Sale Rugby Union Club. I only found out by chance on Friday otherwise I was setting off for Sedgeley Park.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Do not know why Jordan Hand left Swinton " by mutual consent" - he is a good player and will be a good signing for you - I also think you will beat us on Monday as we cannot seem to play for a full 80mins - every match this season has been the same - so why should Monday be any different. Looking forward to a good match and hopefully a Swinton win.....

Archived