Injury crisis!!

mickhornet

At this crucial stage of the season this is a blow, but it could be an opportunity for any remaining squad members to claim a spot through the Shield to help secure our Championship status.  DR will have to be used to some degree and hopefully the best of those who have served us well so far.   DR rules from the Fev forum:

C1:2:7 Subject to the other provisions of this Operational Rule, once a Player has played for
any Club in any Competition
(other than the Reserve Team Programme of Matches or
Academy U19 Competition) after the end of the Super League or Championship Regular
Season
(or after Round 1 of the League 1 Super 8s and League 1 Shield), whether that
be the Club with whom he is registered, the Club he is Dual Registered to or the Club to
which he is on Loan, he shall only be able to play for that Club for the remainder of the
Season and shall not be entitled to play for any other Club in any Competition
(oth
er than
the Reserve Team Programme of Matches or Academy U19 Competition).

The above provision shall not apply to Dual Registered Players who have played 8 or
more Matches for their Dual Registered Club before: (i) in the case of Championship
Clubs, the end of the Regular Season
; and (ii) in the case of League 1 Clubs, the
completion of Round 1 of the League 1 Super 8s or League 1 Shield, who shall be
entitled to continue to play for the Club to which they are registered and the Club to which
they are Dual Registered after the above date save where both Clubs are in the same
Competition
after the end of the Super League or Championship Regular Season
(or
after Round 1 of the League 1 Super 8s and League 1 Shield).

great results all round....could do with swinton taking points off Dewsbury next week and then  good performance against the stalybridge roughyeds.

Can anyone explain to an out of towner how the post season games work this year...I dont expect Ill like it but then i know Ill only have to wait. month or two before its changed by those folks in Leeds.

53 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

great results all round....could do with swinton taking points off Dewsbury next week and then  good performance against the stalybridge roughyeds.

Can anyone explain to an out of towner how the post season games work this year...I dont expect Ill like it but then i know Ill only have to wait. month or two before its changed by those folks in Leeds.

My understanding is:

Teams finishing after 23 rounds between 5th and 12th in the Championship play in the "Super 8" group: "The Championship Shield". Each team playing each other once more (Top four teams 4 at home/3 away. Bottom four the opposite). The points from the original season are retained. Following the additional seven rounds a four-team play-off takes place pitting 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd, with the winners playing each other in the final to win the "Championship Shield". The two teams finishing at the bottom of this group of eight are relegated to the 2018 Kingstone Press League One.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Archived