Bastille day

At least I can hold them accountable and remove them from office.

This lot are bomb proof. Doesn't matter if they were found holding a smoking gun, the system would protect them.

They cost a bloody fortune and is an outmoded institution..... in my opinion. 

I eny the French set up.

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

What's stopping you going to live in France out of curiosity?

Main carer for mother in law and brother in law. Both with long term acute chronic conditions. That and a commitment to helping out with my grandaughter.....

10 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Fair call.

Can't you just wear a stripy jumper, beret and some onions as a compromise?

My back door!

I also sound very similar to Arhtur Bostrom when I'm in France....

My cellar is full of french wine, Confit du canard, pate du foie gras, french coffee, fleur de sel, haricot blanc, casoulet au saussice et canard and all manner of other french stuff......

I'm guessing you get the pic??

20170714_120713.jpg

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

My back door!

I also sound very similar to Arhtur Bostrom when I'm in France....

My cellar is full of french wine, Confit du canard, pate du foie gras, french coffee, fleur de sel, haricot blanc, casoulet au saussice et canard and all manner of other french stuff......

I'm guessing you get the pic??

20170714_120713.jpg

I think I once employed the same brickie?

23 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

Selfish sod. If you like it so much, ###### off there, etc......

In all seriousness, I'd love to. Some things aren't to be. Happy holidaying the 3 or 4 times year. Toulouse next weekend. Loire end August for 8 days. Let touquet at Christmas.  Next year already planned.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

There used to be an outside shitoyle there ??

Are you sure it wasn't just a pissoire?:tongue:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

6 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

In all seriousness, I'd love to. Some things aren't to be. Happy holidaying the 3 or 4 times year. Toulouse next weekend. Loire end August for 8 days. Let touquet at Christmas.  Next year already planned.

I can heartily recommend Villefranche. Beautiful place.

I love the Loire valley. Only a days drive away..... beautiful place.

I enjoy the dordogne too .... but there are just too many ex pats there..... 

My mates unclel had a place. Threw himself into it 30 years ago. Joined every community group he could. Became joint editor of local community paper..... etc..... Became "a local".... I'dwant to try and emulate that.

17 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Ive been doing france for 30 years. Been over 100 times.... and yet ive never done paris. I should i know. Its just im more of a countryside sort

I envy you that much experience of France. I just enjoyed roaming the streets of Paris in the rain, and when the rain was displaced by sunshine with Madame ya bas. I photographed myself senseless. You could wander into any street corner eating establishment and get a lovely meal, there are some stupendous and sometimes emotionally moving things to see, and the people I had dealings with were always kind and helpful. I find that this is almost always the case where places have bad reps for friendliness. I was amused by the traffic cops, who just stand in the middle of the road blowing their whistles and letting everyone get on with it

Beggar Paris, watching the Feu D'artifice over Carcasonne from a  restaurant is a much better bet, time it right and the weekend can be involve the Dragons too. (not this year though)

The only thing that spoiled it this year was having the foul pres usa there! 

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived