bread makers

does anyone else use one. 

I use mine a lot, but not to bake loaves in: you never get a decent crust.

But I use the dough setting to make flat breads, focaccias, bread cakes,pizza bases  and all that.

No mess, no mucking about. Chuck the gear in and out it comes just right every time.

I had one for a while, then gave it away.

Taking the muscle work out of kneading dough is useful, but the resulting mix was (IMO) better baked in a regular oven. The timer feature was convenient occasionally, if I could be bothered to set it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No. Old fashioned graft, flour, sugar, salt n yeast.

Bit more graft.

Oven.

Perf3ct. I just love it

aye but, aye but, no flour everywhere, guaranteed results, just to make dough, and the rest is down to you.

11 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not keen on bread makers but these are the poodles swingers

Inevitable joke alert... I'd have put a nicer cut of meat in those sausages than dogs' testicles.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Tongs ya bas said:

does anyone else use one. 

I use mine a lot, but not to bake loaves in: you never get a decent crust.

But I use the dough setting to make flat breads, focaccias, bread cakes,pizza bases  and all that.

No mess, no mucking about. Chuck the gear in and out it comes just right every time.

My sister (based in Australia) bought my Mum a bread maker. 

I do not know why.

When my sister visited, she checked out the breadmaker in the kitchen and was perturbed to find my Mum used it to store carrier bags.  My Mum's defence that it was really useful for storing carrier bags did not win my sister over.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

45 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not keen on bread makers but these are the poodles swingers

20170403_121332.jpg

Got one. It means you know exactly what you are working with. I bought it on line one night when I'd had a few. It took some justifying I can tell you

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Mine was a Christmas present. Boy I've made some belters.

I've just made a Cumberland mix for when I'm back from Toulouse..... 

Toulouse v cumbeand..   now there's a fixture

If only there was an expert french based sausage maker on this very forum...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

You called?

Home made sausages are fab. You know exactly what goes in them, you can get the right size for baking, BBQ, grill or pan, and it is a strangely therapeutic process. I wouldn't give factory made bangers to my dog. 

I have a bread maker as well and agree that the crust is always disappointing. Still use it every day though!

On 20/07/2017 at 10:15 AM, timtum said:

it is a strangely therapeutic process. 

I spent yesterday afternoon with a mate of mine and his young daughter making bangers. She has some learning problems and my pal was a bit worried that she wouldn't be able to concentrate long enough....

two batches later, having hand mixed, stuffed, linked and packed, a very happy 8 year old giggled off with a couple of packs for her tea. Great fun. 

Archived