£83.33 per month?

Blue Pike

Just an obvious thought ive had for a while but we all agree to have a chance of being a future SL Team we need major finance and a suitable figure to pay for us to go full time and sign quality players is one million and I believe it can be achieved by us the fans.To my way of thinking we definitely have one thosand loyal die hard fans who stay with the club through thick and thin.So here is my idea but firstly I am in a neither rich or poor financial position but lucky to have a decent job for most of my life and have a reasonable amount of spare income and I understand we have pensioners and people out of work but if we could have a direct debit to the club for £83.33 per month it would give the club one million a year to go forward massively and that wouldn't even include any other monies due to us Just imagine having class players to match our facilities and our ambitious staff.Now then what do we get for our money? Well to start with I would want two VIP tickets per home games regardless of what type of fixtures we play.2 free drinks per person,free entrance to club house events,2 free replica shirts per year as standard anything else can be agreed as needs be.Its just a thought I mean I pay more than £83.33 on Sky multi room per month and I bet if some of you gave up smoking which would give you extra years living with your Grand kids you would easily afford it.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Just an obvious thought ive had for a while but we all agree to have a chance of being a future SL Team we need major finance and a suitable figure to pay for us to go full time and sign quality players is one million and I believe it can be achieved by us the fans.To my way of thinking we definitely have one thosand loyal die hard fans who stay with the club through thick and thin.So here is my idea but firstly I am in a neither rich or poor financial position but lucky to have a decent job for most of my life and have a reasonable amount of spare income and I understand we have pensioners and people out of work but if we could have a direct debit to the club for £83.33 per month it would give the club one million a year to go forward massively and that wouldn't even include any other monies due to us Just imagine having class players to match our facilities and our ambitious staff.Now then what do we get for our money? Well to start with I would want two VIP tickets per home games regardless of what type of fixtures we play.2 free drinks per person,free entrance to club house events,2 free replica shirts per year as standard anything else can be agreed as needs be.Its just a thought I mean I pay more than £83.33 on Sky multi room per month and I bet if some of you gave up smoking which would give you extra years living with your Grand kids you would easily afford it.

The vast majority would think this is ridiculous and without doubt it won't happen, but when you think about it - why not ?  The Sky subscription is a good comparison. I for one would swap that for what would be almost guaranteed success for the Rovers.  If success was guaranteed could we get 1,000 though ? Probably not but I think a large part of that would be down to people being sceptical \ cynical.  i.e. what's the point when nobody else will sign up for it.  I think another point would be a lack of trust given previous experience e.g. buying a brick and not seeing it for years.

I think I may of suggested this a few years back. 500000 would be enough if we keep current funding this would be a more realistic figure. £10 per week. How many spend more than that on the lottery, beer and cigarettes throw sky in the mix and that's a lot of money. I would gladly pay £10 a week if we could get the numbers interested.  How about setting up a just giving type Web page to test the water, run by the club? 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Is FRISA still going? Was set up for exactly this type of scheme and enabled the signing of quite a few players and auxillary staff over the years.

Yes FRISA is still going, but not been very active for the last couple of years, but has put over about 8k to the club in the last 12 months IIRC.

The difference here is that we are talking about getting something back from the club for your investment, the £5 or £10 to FRISA every month comes with nothing back in return.

So if I get the idea here correctly what we are saying is that an individual pays say £100 per month (just to round the value), i.e. £1,200 a year and gets a package back from the club, let’s say this consists of:

- 2 x Season ticket (@£140 league + £35 playoffs) = £350

- VIP tickets (does this mean 2 meals before the game? Which would be @£20 per home game x 14 games) = £280

- 2 replica shirts (@90 per year)

- 2 Pints per game (@£6.60 x 14 games) = £92.40

- Free parking I assume (@ £4 x 14 games) = £56

Total benefit = £868.40

Giving total extra income to the club = £332 (i.e. £1,200 - £868) and at £83.33 @£1,000 a year the extra income is £132 per year for what in essence is two individuals.

So even if we got 1000 extra people signed up to this (assuming they go the games already) it would only generate and extra £166,000 (or £66,000) not to be sneezed at, but a way short of the £1,000,000 mark.

Having done that analysis I still feel that there is mileage in a scheme of this sort. and is worthwhile looking into by the club.

PS just as a throw away comment:

If 1,000 extra people joined FRISA and paid £5 per month this would generate and extra £60,000 per year and if they all paid £10 per month this would generate and extra £120,000 per year. Food for thought.....

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

To overcome the trust/risk element of such schemes, one could employ the all-or-nothing approach that is used by kickstarter. That is, if the funding goal is not achieved (e.g. 1000 investors), then everyone gets their money back. The pledges are not honoured, and the "pot" is not taken from, until this time. If the project was utilitarian in nature, and by that I mean the focus was on improving the on-field activities rather than off(I'm not interested in a pint at a game for instance), then I could see myself supporting it.

Start up a new company. We then invest in the fixed assets of the Rovers as shareholders. In the future we are going to see the development of the land we own and this should provide an income (make it leasehold please), the shareholders would then get an increasing value of their shares and dividends as well. That is a far better way of going forward. Ok I have been down this path before but to my mind this is the right route. Private limited company selling shares to its supporters. Investment in the Rovers and a way forward for the investors. £10 a share with a minimum purchase of 5 or 10 shares. Various other ways of looking at it but that is the outline of the way I would go. The rented property would bring in income and the assets would increase in value as time went on. I would definitely buy some shares on that basis.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

Yes FRISA is still going, but not been very active for the last couple of years, but has put over about 8k to the club in the last 12 months IIRC.

The difference here is that we are talking about getting something back from the club for your investment, the £5 or £10 to FRISA every month comes with nothing back in return.

So if I get the idea here correctly what we are saying is that an individual pays say £100 per month (just to round the value), i.e. £1,200 a year and gets a package back from the club, let’s say this consists of:

- VIP tickets (does this mean 2 meals before the game? Which would be @£20 per home game x 14 games) = £280

Total benefit = £868.40

Giving total extra income to the club = £332 (i.e. £1,200 - £868) and at £83.33 @£1,000 a year the extra income is £132 per year for what in essence is two individuals.

So even if we got 1000 extra people signed up to this (assuming they go the games already) it would only generate and extra £166,000 (or £66,000) not to be sneezed at, but a way short of the £1,000,000 mark.

Having done that analysis I still feel that there is mileage in a scheme of this sort. and is worthwhile looking into by the club.

If 1,000 extra people joined FRISA and paid £5 per month this would generate and extra £60,000 per year and if they all paid £10 per month this would generate and extra £120,000 per year. Food for thought.....

FRISA at £10 per month marketed with the aim of getting Fev full time. 

FRiSA needs a direct debit set up on main Web site with an annual donation made figure visable and transparent updated daily to encourage donations and growth. 

1 hour ago, lingard said:

FRiSA needs a direct debit set up on main Web site with an annual donation made figure visable and transparent updated daily to encourage donations and growth. 

The club would have to pribably set that up on the website though I'd imagine 

Im Fev and im proud

4 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Total benefit = £868.40

When you buy a season ticket you are actually buying space which is nowt as we have plenty on offer (personally I would allow supervised children in for free anyway, and this enables the space dweller to buy golden gamble,spend in the club shop etc which is a positive for the club.The replica shirts are bought in bulk at low cost to make a profit so thats not that much either .I never mentioned parking and above all else nobody in their right mind would pay £1000 out for just a handshake and being told what a great supporter you are.It is an idea thats all which can be sorted out to everyones liking at the end if the day.Its obvious to me that the club needs direct monthly income coming in more than they are getting at the moment to progress.

its cheaperto buy a season ticket though as you get your money back getting the kids in free at away matches.. Mine felt very proud walking up to the ground with the junior season ticket in hand. ?

4 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

When you buy a season ticket you are actually buying space which is nowt as we have plenty on offer (personally I would allow supervised children in for free anyway, and this enables the space dweller to buy golden gamble,spend in the club shop etc which is a positive for the club.The replica shirts are bought in bulk at low cost to make a profit so thats not that much either .I never mentioned parking and above all else nobody in their right mind would pay £1000 out for just a handshake and being told what a great supporter you are.It is an idea thats all which can be sorted out to everyones liking at the end if the day.Its obvious to me that the club needs direct monthly income coming in more than they are getting at the moment to progress.

BP,

That's my point in doing the above estimates. The £83.33 a month isn't increasing the clubs revinue stream by £83.33 a month, it is paying for things that people are already paying for. And therefore in truth the club would not be £83.33 a month better off. 

in terms of revenue to the club your suggestion has merit, and it is more revenue than the club currently get. However to get the extra £1,000,000 revenue that you suggest then the 1000 supporters would have to hand over an extra 83.33 a month and get nothing for it, which as you say no one in the right mind would do.

ho to have a 100 people that would... 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

15 hours ago, The Grinder said:

However to get the extra £1,000,000 revenue that you suggest then the 1000 supporters would have to hand over an extra 83.33 a month and get nothing for it, which as you say no one in the right mind would do.  ho to have a 100 people that would... 

Yes that's exactly what I thought BP was saying and what I thought was not so ridiculous.  £83 is a lot of money but how much does success mean to us ? You can argue that I would not be in my right mind to pay this amount and get nothing but then again I must not be in my right mind for paying silly amounts to Sky each month.  Success would mean everything.  (Its the free shirt / parking space / seat / pint that means nothing to me)  Anyway it won't happen but as someone else suggested - half that amount sounds much more affordable and if all of it was spent on players - that would surely guarantee promotion at least ??  

Had four encouraging PMs if interest on my initial idea .Maybe £40 is more realistic like someone mentioned or maybe buying shares like Colin mentioned could be considered by the Club at an arranged meeting after the season ends to help increase the Clubs finances.Either way something needs to be done to achieve THE DREAM.

The club needs finance. Ok  so they offer shares at a very competitive rate of 3% over a three years term. Interest payable gross after the three years. Each share is £100.  So even if only 1000 people invest buying one share each we have £100,000.  They have to pay out (if money not reinvested at gross amount) nine grand after three years, but  the money taken if used wisely could bring a very much larger return. We have land and outlets that could be fully exploited. We should not only look for bigger crowds for income. Cater for rentals, children entertainment, advising people, helping older folks with their wills and estates, development of the land in a careful fashion etc.  This would be good for the club and give the spectators something for their money. So that is the basic minimum the investment could bring much more. On the basis mentioned I would buy 5 shares ( £500 ).

Just an idea folks. There could be many variations, but as BD says let's do something! We have the assets = make them work for us!

36 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Yes Richard we know they are but they don't pay interest. I am talking about a new scheme to attract people to invest in the club..

Thats correct as the current scheme is dull in its way with not many understanding what A and B shares are all about and other issues.I didn't even realise Frisa was still going.What it needs is a fresh new approach to a share system that has an appeal to fans to invest their hard earned and perhaps transferring the original share holders holdings into the new one.

Archived