Dewsbury..... Sunday

clifford

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, suzzy said:

If you mean Leatherbarrow probably thinking about the next club he's going to rather than the plight of Oldham as will a few more 

Yes Grimmer would have been my stand off a long time before he was given the nod 

At the end of the day we're going down.How many will renew their season tickets next season we don't know.We've had some rotten luck with injuries. We've been short on inventiveness. Players and coaches will come and go.I'm having a bit of a thought about renewing myself as I don't think the club with one owner and no money and the RFL who to be frank couldn't give a stuff for anyone outside superleague.I'll have to think about it.

Take it you didn't bother going today Old Yed? As it happens it was a decent game, played honestly between two fairly even matched sides. What made it even better was the banter and feeling between two sets of fans who's got behind there teams. Sit on the sidelines and complain all you want,if every two bob "Oldham" fan on here actually went to games then the crowd would have been in the thousands. Faceless wonders don't help the club, those players of ours and the fans that attended were a credit to both sides. Easy to criticise when you don't contribute to the club for whatever reason isn't it? Let's run a poll, how many people who contribute to the forum were there today. I know a few who were, the rest can get stuffed. Faceless,nameless,keyboard warriors. Doesn't matter who the chairman is,doesn't matter where we play. We all supposedly support ORLFC, guess not today though eh? 

Before Mr Bedford Roughyed jumps all over me again, the truth is above. Like it or lump it.Too many wannabes who don't support the club, chatting garbage day in day out because they don't actually go. This is a fans forum,clue is in the title, disgusted with the way people bang on about stuff. Fans support a club, most posts on here are from nobodies who don't support the club and just pick out negatives. Crowd size,Hamilton out etc, if any one of you can do better then buy the club and prove it, if not then shut up until you can. 

We had a great day today with the Dewsbury fans, our players appreciated our support. We lost, well that's normal.Even though it was a "poor"crowd it was made up of people that 100% back our clubs. 

Whatever the future is,I'd rather stand with those that were at BF today than half the so called fans that were not.

Might upset a few, yet again,but I speak for myself. I can't help but be brutally honest when I spend every Sunday and a fair few bob following the team wherever they go and wherever we play.

You know my thoughts after today 34. Think you've summed it up in a nutshell and wish I could have been as eloquent.

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with my good mates from Dewsbury and also made a few new ones.

Was good to talk to a lot of the players after the game who were quite honest and frank, hopefully a few of them will still be here next season. What concerned and upset me today was not the stayaways who I accept and understand their principles, but those that can make the trip to Toulouse, Rochdale and Swinton, yet can't take the time to turn up and say thanks to the players at the last home game of the season.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Roughed34 can I ask how long you have been following the club for ? You seem to think nobody else is entitled to an opinion unless they attend games, many supporters have chosen not to attend games for one reason or another, does this mean they no longer care for the club ? I know of some people who only attend away games, I know two great supporters who used to put a lot more than most into ORLFC until getting fed up with CH, I know of a former director Bill Quinn who put plenty up and was treated disgustingly by CH to the point of not being allowed tickets among VIP guests at the play off final. Look at the attendances when the club was reformed to what they are now ask why have these people stopped attending. On the playing front we have been poor all season Naylor is obsessed with trying to play similar to how the Bulls used to play all power sad fact is week in week out our forwards have been dominated, chopping and changing to allow loan players and DR players can hardly help team spirit either. CH has run the club almost single handed for 20 years and this will be the most important close season in the new clubs history, CH seems to have had enough will he step aside and let new people takeover, Koukcash said the figures CH wanted where around the 350k mark which is ludicrous for a business with no assets. The majority of debt associated to the club will be through CH deferring salary, will he be prepared to wave this for the benefit of the club as a whole ? 

7 minutes ago, cluedo said:

Roughed34 can I ask how long you have been following the club for ? You seem to think nobody else is entitled to an opinion unless they attend games, many supporters have chosen not to attend games for one reason or another, does this mean they no longer care for the club ? I know of some people who only attend away games, I know two great supporters who used to put a lot more than most into ORLFC until getting fed up with CH, I know of a former director Bill Quinn who put plenty up and was treated disgustingly by CH to the point of not being allowed tickets among VIP guests at the play off final. Look at the attendances when the club was reformed to what they are now ask why have these people stopped attending. On the playing front we have been poor all season Naylor is obsessed with trying to play similar to how the Bulls used to play all power sad fact is week in week out our forwards have been dominated, chopping and changing to allow loan players and DR players can hardly help team spirit either. CH has run the club almost single handed for 20 years and this will be the most important close season in the new clubs history, CH seems to have had enough will he step aside and let new people takeover, Koukcash said the figures CH wanted where around the 350k mark which is ludicrous for a business with no assets. The majority of debt associated to the club will be through CH deferring salary, will he be prepared to wave this for the benefit of the club as a whole ? 

Well to be honest i got no problem with R34...hes a loyal fan and im not getting into arguements...my beef is with the owner really, and thats where we disagree..im not putting money into the blokes pocket anymore, if others want to thats fine, but its flogging a dead horse under this regime( imho)..

58 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Take it you didn't bother going today Old Yed? As it happens it was a decent game, played honestly between two fairly even matched sides. What made it even better was the banter and feeling between two sets of fans who's got behind there teams. Sit on the sidelines and complain all you want,if every two bob "Oldham" fan on here actually went to games then the crowd would have been in the thousands. Faceless wonders don't help the club, those players of ours and the fans that attended were a credit to both sides. Easy to criticise when you don't contribute to the club for whatever reason isn't it? Let's run a poll, how many people who contribute to the forum were there today. I know a few who were, the rest can get stuffed. Faceless,nameless,keyboard warriors. Doesn't matter who the chairman is,doesn't matter where we play. We all supposedly support ORLFC, guess not today though eh? 

Before Mr Bedford Roughyed jumps all over me again, the truth is above. Like it or lump it.Too many wannabes who don't support the club, chatting garbage day in day out because they don't actually go. This is a fans forum,clue is in the title, disgusted with the way people bang on about stuff. Fans support a club, most posts on here are from nobodies who don't support the club and just pick out negatives. Crowd size,Hamilton out etc, if any one of you can do better then buy the club and prove it, if not then shut up until you can. 

We had a great day today with the Dewsbury fans, our players appreciated our support. We lost, well that's normal.Even though it was a "poor"crowd it was made up of people that 100% back our clubs. 

Whatever the future is,I'd rather stand with those that were at BF today than half the so called fans that were not.

Might upset a few, yet again,but I speak for myself. I can't help but be brutally honest when I spend every Sunday and a fair few bob following the team wherever they go and wherever we play.

Spot on regarding people posting stuff when they don't attend games.If you do go and watch,the money you pay entitles you to an opinion.

2 minutes ago, OLD YED said:

Well to be honest i got no problem with R34...hes a loyal fan and im not getting into arguements...my beef is with the owner really, and thats where we disagree..im not putting money into the blokes pocket anymore, if others want to thats fine, but its flogging a dead horse under this regime( imho)..

Agreed.

You can't knock everybody that didn't turn up today. Some people put a lot of time and effort into getting to games i.e. there are several fans that I know that have  a couple of hundred mile round trip to get to matches, and for this reason it is not practical for them to get to every fixture and they choose when they do make the effort. Today was basically a dead rubber and, I am sure  was not a priority for them. Going back to a previous post about the 1500 that were there for the promotion winning game at the Whitebank, everybody would have made the effort to get to this game, and would have accounted for some of the disparity between attendances. For the record, I WAS there today, and for anybody that did not go simply because "they could not be bothered" it was a really good day out for reasons already mentioned by R34 and Thin boy!!!!    

1 hour ago, cluedo said:

Well said Cluedo!

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

I understand that everyone deserves their opinion but it is also a bit annoying when people  only see the final score on the internet then come on here and bang on about another loss so we must have been ###### with no gameplan etc etc.  it was a close good game that could have gone either way.

Also, we have been relegated to Champ 1 before and got promoted under Hamilton with 300 crowds so why can't we do it again? I will be going again next year, hope more people do but if not then we will go with what we have. Negativity doesn't help anyone. I don't like the direction that the club is going in and it is dangerous to have one person running the whole thing. However I don't have enough spare cash to buy out Hamilton and I also don't have any friends who can either, therefore I have to support the club as it stands.

On a seperate note...... I can't believe we missed  the players in Weatherspoons after the game. We went in there before the game but nothing was happening so we went in the Old Hunters Tavern on the way back.

As we were walking to the train station we saw Gaz Owen and he told us.....DOH!

Did the players give any indication of what is likely to happen next season or are they as much in the dark?

Was Mr Naylor there?  Shame he didnt come over at the end of the game, he just gave a little wave to the fans and was off.

The banter was excellent yesterday, between us and Dews. 

Understand why some fans didn't attend but it was an entertaining game and apart from the result I had an enjoyable afternoon 

I do think that there will be a side next year and even though I won't go to south wales Bristol etc I will go to 95% of home games and some away games I will be here 

Never a dull moment supporting Oldham 

3 minutes ago, Tangle said:

I have a surgestion for old yed buy the club then we can slag him off . 

Bit uncalled for tandle, esp when you appear to share many of my gripes with the owner!

In view of what hamilton wants for the club(quite a few quid) even if i had the money i probably wouldnt hand over cash to him if i were being honest.

If you along with some of the others on here think the way the club is run is acceptable good luck with that one.

14 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Before Mr Bedford Roughyed jumps all over me again, the truth is above. 

Mr Bedford Roughyed made a general statement to all, that suggested arguing about events, opinions and facts are allowed here but personal attacks are not. 

As long as everyone tries to stick to that we can have these long, sometimes heated, debates freely.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Mr Bedford Roughyed made a general statement to all, that suggested arguing about events, opinions and facts are allowed here but personal attacks are not. 

As long as everyone tries to stick to that we can have these long, sometimes heated, debates freely.  

Thats fair enough. Esp when so many are passionate about the club.

I can understand R34's post, he goes week in week out, some of us can't or won't for variety of reasons but it doesnt mean people dont care.

Im not convinced there will be a club to support next season, but i still hold the opinion for any hope the club has to find a home in oldham borough, just scratching my head thinking how and where.

Clearly , its not going to get the crowds in playing outside oldham, it will be even worse next season in ch1, so bad you have to wonder how it will be financed with crowds sub 500?

1 minute ago, OLD YED said:

Thats fair enough. Esp when so many are passionate about the club.

I can understand R34's post, he goes week in week out, some of us can't or won't for variety of reasons but it doesnt mean people dont care.

Im not convinced there will be a club to support next season, but i still hold the opinion for any hope the club has to find a home in oldham borough, just scratching my head thinking how and where.

Clearly , its not going to get the crowds in playing outside oldham, it will be even worse next season in ch1, so bad you have to wonder how it will be financed with crowds sub 500?

My general comment/opinion on the 'we must play in Oldham' type threads is that I have heard many people say, they'd watch us play on a park pitch as long as its in Oldham, we then got Whitebank, and saw no increase in attendance , and had a different group saying they won't watch us play in such a rubbish stadium.  Another group say they won't watch is we play at Boundary Park.  Etc, etc. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

13 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

My general comment/opinion on the 'we must play in Oldham' type threads is that I have heard many people say, they'd watch us play on a park pitch as long as its in Oldham, we then got Whitebank, and saw no increase in attendance , and had a different group saying they won't watch us play in such a rubbish stadium.  Another group say they won't watch is we play at Boundary Park.  Etc, etc. 

But when the side was on the brink of being promoted to championship the crowds were increasing i think?

I guess its all about opinions, mine is playing in oldham is a must, the club is struggling to pull in 600 in stalybridge in the championship, if one includes less away fans and almost certianly less home fans next season how is it going to be financed? He cant put the prices up thats for sure,so with income reduced further and no assets? How is ORLFC going to be sustained? 

I suspect a tipping point is imminent -either CH cannot attract investors or as seems the case he has been unwilling to attract investors, then the future (if there is one) looks bleak with a capital B.

Its vital the owner comes out and states where the club is regarding next season, the trouble is i doubt very much he will say anything , which by implication is just another kick in the goolies to the fans of the club.

Archived