Clean sheets..?

The Art of Hand and Foot

By the shear nature of the game the number of clean sheets in a row can't be that many can it?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

From a search through the books, and I'll check again to verify, but the current club has never nilled the opposition two games in a row before now.  The last time the old club achieved the feat was in 1956.

August 25,  1956 - Rochdale Hornets away won 43 - 0

August 28, 1956 - Leigh home won 20 - 0

3 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

From a search through the books, and I'll check again to verify, but the current club has never nilled the opposition two games in a row before now.  The last time the old club achieved the feat was in 1956.

August 25,  1956 - Rochdale Hornets away won 43 - 0

August 28, 1956 - Leigh home won 20 - 0

Pressures on against hemel then. ?

There are a number of reasons why we would refer to old and new with regard to stats. I, for example, only have rl the stats to the 'old' club via Turner. I guess dave has stats for the 'new' club as well. We could also refer to 'the bears' or pre and post superleague,  the frank Myler era, the fifties, pre war, post war, post 13 a side ie  1908,   post 1895 etc etc. Referring the club as the new club just gives us a timeline. 

On 03/03/2018 at 6:38 PM, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

The postponement of the hemel games reduces our chance of getting 3 consecutive clean sheets. Oh well. ?

It would be very nice if we could Nil York ;)

Archived