Rugby League U19 European Championship Website

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All domestic team for Italy at this tournament, except Rizzelli (Rochdale). 
I think the "real" Euros start now for the guys, as the level of England, France and Wales was too too high for them. 
But they can have their say vs Serbia, Ukraine and Ireland...

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Enjoyable day out for an International Rugby League entusiasist and advocate.  Though soundly beaten the Serbs, Ukranians and Italians genuinely had a dig in very hot conditions. Game officials from Lebanon,  Poland, Czech Republic and ellsewhere also got great experience. 

Not exactly smooth sailing for the day organisation wise but even the best can learn lessons from their mistakes and to be fair some issues were out of their control. Out of curiosity did the live feed have any commentary or sound even ? Ask as there was no PA system or even a ground announcer to update on scores, advise on games etc. Did hear the livefeed woujld have been affected by this ...so it didnt happen. 

If the RLEF / RLIF can nurture this event over the next decade or so our game will be much better for it. 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

FYI. I have written a short report of my day out for the website " The Footy Almanac". Will be either on front page or in the RL section. Done on the run so a few editing errors ...but i can live with that ! 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Round 2 fixtures – Wednesday 8th August

Match 5 – Ranking Semi-Final – Serbia vs Ukraine – 2pm (Pitch 1)

Match 6 – Cup Semi-Final – England vs Wales – 4pm (Pitch 1)

Match 7 – Ranking Semi-Final – Ireland vs Italy – 5.30pm (Pitch 2)

Match 8 – Cup Semi-Final – Scotland vs France – 6pm (Pitch 1)

On 8/7/2018 at 6:07 AM, The Partisan said:

Enjoyable day out for an International Rugby League entusiasist and advocate.  Though soundly beaten the Serbs, Ukranians and Italians genuinely had a dig in very hot conditions. Game officials from Lebanon,  Poland, Czech Republic and ellsewhere also got great experience. 

Not exactly smooth sailing for the day organisation wise but even the best can learn lessons from their mistakes and to be fair some issues were out of their control. Out of curiosity did the live feed have any commentary or sound even ? Ask as there was no PA system or even a ground announcer to update on scores, advise on games etc. Did hear the livefeed woujld have been affected by this ...so it didnt happen. 

If the RLEF / RLIF can nurture this event over the next decade or so our game will be much better for it. 
But there was sound 

No commentary

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Decent game. Scotland 18-6 up at half-time eventually lost 18-42 with some great passing movements and offloads from the Welsh lads. Some top-notch touchline conversions from both kickers.

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

France have beaten England 26-24 in the final.

France were the better team.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

France were the better team.

Awesome tournament ..BUT being realistic  the England team is a community /amatuer selection. 

Great for the development of the game in Europe and well done to all teams that produced some great games.

Can only grow and give experience to the developing nations,.

Congratulations to the French deserved the win.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:35 PM, Bob8 said:

I will be there in about an hour. Drop me a pm if I might see you there. 

Sorry mate just seen this now. Was there all day Wednesday. Had an Kangaroos polo shirt on that i presented to the Ukrainian fullback. The kid could play. His chip kick,  chase and regather to score an individual try was top class. Did hear a bloke who had Newcastle Thunder connections was going to investigate his potential involvement in their Academy system.  

Archived