Perez.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

"Londoners".  There's 10 million people in "London".  Twickenham is a died in the wool rugby union heartland.  It has absolutely no bearing on RL.  Just like if you dumped a pro RU team in Wigan you wouldn't get a decent following no matter who they're playing. 

Yeah like wellsy said, think you've mistook the point i was making. 

17 hours ago, Big Picture said:

The RU Premiership is a national league at the top of a national pyramid, maybe they rate those kind of opponents if they're part of a structure like that.  If so it could be that it's the league they don't rate in the case of RL, as it's not national in scope but rather regional with a few add-ons.

So either way its not as simple as just londoners arnt interested in watching 'town' teams like you originally claimed, because they turn out in thousands to watch 'town' teams in other sports. At premiership level rugby union is far from national in scope, theres sale and Newcastle in the north then the rest are south of Leicester, nearly 200 mile from newcastle to Leicester and only one premiership club inbetween them, hardly any of them with a big city name attached to them.

We'r probably not goin to agree, but imo theres a lot of evidence to suggest that rugby leagues failings to attrack support in london, are more complex than just london fans thinking theyr above playing teams from towns like wigan and st helens.

6 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

are more complex than just london fans thinking theyr above playing teams from towns like wigan and st helens.

That is a complex issue in itself.

What's fascinating is the levels of complexity involved in comparison to the simplistic questions and answers put forward whenever we talk about expansion, London, Perpignan, Paris or Perez!

In truth we neither share an outlook to comprehend the level of difficulty nor do we have the organisation that can tackle it. The unity needed and the single minded strength of purpose needed to achieve are both A W O L!

And arguing about Eric Perez is as silly as a dispute about whether or not you want sprinkles on your coffee at Starbucks

(other badly tasting coffee emporiums are available!)

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

For me, London's issues aren't the perceived standing of the opposition (as has been suggested). If they were regularly beating them, then I'd understand  but they've been no where near so can't imagine anyone thinks they're above them.

The issue IMO a lack of confidence that the club will stay put. Who wants to begin emotional ties with a club that has a 30 year track record of upping sticks and moving every few years? It has no base. People talk about it being called "London" not having much emotional pull, and I agree only in the sense that the club keep moving around it and it's do big they pretty much start again every time they do.

London Broncos as a brand became quite toxic a long time ago. They've found a base now at Trailfinders, but that won't last forever if they want promotion. People have suggested they move north and share with the Skolars. WHY?! It's a whole new area! All work undone immediately.

The Skolars as a brand have done well and just need to kick on. They've been at the same base am the time, not changed their name (other than add/drop "North"). With investment and competitiveness on the field, I think they have more potential than the Broncos.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 9:32 AM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't get how "5-6NA clubs joining the league" automatically means "5-6 SL clubs lose their place." Why won't it mean expansion? Why won't it become 16-18 teams instead of 12? 

I told you this was because the quality player base was not expanding but contracting, Perez and Argyle never bothered to even start any player development which was a disgrace.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:10 PM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The player drain is happening. 

You clearly understand that now so there is no need to go on automatically disagreeing with me. Bringing in North American sides will cause a player drain from here to North America and as Harry Stottle says many of the people who work in player development here will deeply resent this.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:41 AM, scotchy1 said:

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people knowingly to themselves actually have a death wish for the sport. Some people would rather see the game either and die than leave their village and be shared with the big wide world.Why would they turn down someone willing to spend and risk their own money spreading the great game of Rugby League?

Wellsy now understands shipping 180 players from here to North America is not "spreading the game". You now need to understand that Argyle making up the big losses Toronto Wolfpack make running a professional club is not in any way  "investing in the game". It is no different to when Marwan Koukash turned up in Salford/Manchester and decided to pump his wealth into buying up SL quality players. Neither Koukash nor Argyle had any regard for junior development. Koukash shut the academy and Argyle and Perez reneged on their promises to convert grid iron players etc.

The only difference is that Argyle is doing this same rubbish 3,500 miles away. That is the only "expansion" they offer,  "geographical" and that according to Jason Moore simply will not work. He says you cannot be shipping players half way around the world  every week and he will not support the Toronto plan for a Transatlantic league, he supports the real development of a North American league using home grown players building towards the World cup there. 

As for the "return on the investment" that $$Billion dollar TV deal Perez spoke of coming some years down the line, are you really that gullible? Take care about how you call out others my friend.

This could not be a more simple explanation for you and everyone else why we cannot go down this route. It has nothing to do with me personally, I am only explaining why Rimmer and Lenegan won't allow auto-entry to  SL for TWP, I am only explaining why their future does not lie here. We can all discuss this, or you can use the ignore button or carry on with the "parochial" or "Village" jibes?

18 minutes ago, The Parksider said:

I told you this was because the quality player base was not expanding but contracting, Perez and Argyle never bothered to even start any player development which was a disgrace.

You clearly understand that now so there is no need to go on automatically disagreeing with me. Bringing in North American sides will cause a player drain from here to North America and as Harry Stottle says many of the people who work in player development here will deeply resent this.

Wellsy now understands shipping 180 players from here to North America is not "spreading the game".

I'm surprised I even got this far, but I stopped reading here when you kept inventing strawman arguments and putting my name to them.

How can there be a player drain from SL if players go from SL clubs to other SL clubs? I'm not sure if you've purposely misunderstood this or genuinely don't understand the player drain problem is based on a league level, not a country or club level.

I won't bother joining in telling you how player development works because you are properly ignoring that for telling purposes.

Think I'll leave you to argue with your strawmen.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived