Lamport Stadium work

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Lol. What if the last game of the season (e.g. the MPG) is away in the UK? Do the players still go out on the lash on the Monday after the last home game with the VIPs then head over for the decider? :D

it'll be back in Canada. last year we also had the year end boat cruise for the fans...going to have to try and make it this year.

Anyone else now getting ads at the top of the page for THB line removal services? :laugh:

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I think a bunch of the old lines were permanent paint, which makes sense as city facility for amateur community sports. Who knows,  maybe TWP will pitch in for painting if they really want just RL lines. But I wouldn't count on it,  even some CFL teams have permanent soccer lines, and I never really notice them during games. The only people I've heard complain were the TFC fans who were whining about every aspect of the Argos BMO move. 

21 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

The only people I've heard complain were the TFC fans who were whining about every aspect of the Argos BMO move. 

Sorry Reaper. I am with the TFC fans on that one. Those CFL end zones are crazy big.

If the TWP get into (and are allowed into) SL.  The stadium options are either a major refurbishment of Lamport, or a move to BMO Field.  Both expensive propositions compared to what they are currently paying.

If Lamport was to be upgraded, perhaps an extra stand could be added at the south end.  Plastic seating could also be installed. A cover could be built over either the east or west stand would also help.

For BMO, seating could be restricted to the lower tears to help generate atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

Question - is Lamport stadium space confined or do they have room to work with? Could they build, for instance, a modern, covered 4-sided stadium? 

To the north is a major road so that is a no go but to the south is parking lot so they could expand behind the that end. 

45 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

To the north is a major road so that is a no go but to the south is parking lot so they could expand behind the that end. 

If you don't mind chopping down some trees, there is also room on the east side for expansion.

5 hours ago, ojx said:

Sorry Reaper. I am with the TFC fans on that one. Those CFL end zones are crazy big.

I was more meaning the "I'd better not see a single trace of football lines" attitude. I agree the field fit isn't perfect, but the CFL allowing slightly shorter end zones and the movable north bleachers seems like it can work pretty well going forward. Arguably it should have been built like that in the first place. 

5 hours ago, ojx said:

If the TWP get into (and are allowed into) SL.  The stadium options are either a major refurbishment of Lamport, or a move to BMO Field.  Both expensive propositions compared to what they are currently paying.

If Lamport was to be upgraded, perhaps an extra stand could be added at the south end.  Plastic seating could also be installed. A cover could be built over either the east or west stand would also help.

For BMO, seating could be restricted to the lower tears to help generate atmosphere.

I think, from the WP point of view, BMO would be better. It's already set up for professional broadcasts, has suites and club seats, people are used to going there, real grass etc. No construction planning, trying to shoehorn in all those amenities, putting money into something they don't own. But I see the biggest obstacle being scheduling, with both the Argos and TFC using it, the necessary turnaround times, and the actual grass holding up.

Here's one thing I've wondered. Is Lamport marked out in yards or meters? I know when I played ORL for a few games, we just used the football 10 yard lines at Esther Shiner and Birchmount Stadium. If they're using yard-lines at Lamport, that would make it easier to change the field from Argos games.

Archived