R10 Hemel

AB Knight

As always Hemel are to be given respect but it should be a fairly routine win, reading the match reports Hemel are playing well in parts of matches with some good attacking play but then concede a stack of trys which allows the opposition to get a roll on.

Attendance - will be an interesting one, would hope to see a minimum of 1,000 there especially with the weather looking good (I've updated avg attendances for those interested btw). Also don't forget the York Knights Ladies are playing directly after the main event, I'm sure they'll welcome you stopping to show your support.

I know it's still early days, but to go top on Sunday we need to win by 50 points as well as matching Bradfords winning margin on the Friday, that's assuming they win at Newcastle of course, never an easy place to go to.

On 15/05/2018 at 3:47 PM, spanishknight said:

Afraid I cant make it, at the Magic weekend in Newcastle, know a few more thats going as well shame really, has Dean Thomas got something to do with Hemel?.

Yes he has S.K. He's the guy  they always quote in the R.L. Express on any news relating to Hemel.

He seems to be running them but I'm not sure if he's actually the coach. I believe they train in Sheffield

too.

If I've worked it out right, win by 60 and we go top tomorrow.

Yes I know being top and points difference means nothing at this stage of the season but the more weeks we can spend at the top, the higher the profile of the club - not just in rugby league but hopefully the York area too, local people might wake up to their being a sports team in the area they can be proud of.

Looking forward to tomorrow anyway :-)

Great effort by the lads today. We played some wonderful rugby in what must have been difficult conditions heat wise. Thought we put a real 80 minute shift in and even on a couple of occasions when the merry whistler gave Hemel three back to back sets close to our own line our defence held firm. Credit to Hemel too - it takes two teams to create a contest and they never gave up and were still looking to find a way through late on in the game. AND, a ninety point margin was good enough to take us back too ahead of the Bulls on points difference. 

Big hand to Hunslet for their win at Donny to take the gap between ourselves, the Bulls and the chasing pack to 4 points.

Here’s on to Whitehaven next weekend. 

Up the Knights!

89AF91FE-1BAA-4DBD-8FC5-3CB7974EC167.png

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Great support again today , to get about one thousand for hemel game ( no disrespect) is fantastic, well done to hemel on clean and spirited performance a credit to rugby league.

Very professional performance, a good crowd of 987 when you consider minimal away support and magic weekend to contend with. Hard to pick a motm - Maskill, Marsh, Robson, Connor. Loved the effort and never say due attitude which brought up the 90 pts with the final try. 

Next week will be tough - hopefully we can get over our Cumbrian hoodoo (Askam in the cup aside). 

Archived