Town training.

troutmaster

Well Again,A lovely sunny evening for the boys tonight with good turnout.It was hot night to do any training but not in Leon's thoughts,has usual we started with the boys doing has they do on matchdays, teams of four just making good use of the ball.After about 15 minutes Leon switched to full contact with what looked like the first 13 on the field,I was particularly impressed with young Bailey from Leigh,He wanted to show he was here for the team and never put a foot wrong.We had four players up from Leigh tonight with young Bailey,the second rower Blagborough(sorry for spelling mistake)but you know who i mean, and I took a long time to study the aussie Lovett, and,i wasn't disappointed in what i saw.I have to say he isn't the biggest around,a bit like gordon&Kurt but he just seem to glide over the carpet at DP.I have to mention our other guest from Leigh and he got a nice reception from the boys and so did Lovett,oh,I forgot to mention the boy, He was the big coloured prop who Leigh signed from Catalans this year.He was certainly enjoying himself out there, and from what i could see Leon was very impressed.There was no Elliot tonight and buffer who has started a new job so they were absent,so to was young Perry Singleton,but the obvious people missing were Leatherbarrow and Tansey,but let's not put 2+2 making 5  until we have any real news.Finally,Our illustrious coach&His right hand man big Craig decided to join in the high impact training and have to say i wish Leon was still able to play,The way he holds the ball and how he brings his players into their positions,just showed what a class act he has been.The best part of the training tonight was when big Craig McDowell was eventually tackled? Newton swallow dived on him followed by big Fui fui moi moi who seem to enjoy diving on top them both.Well thats it boys&girls,lets all get down to Derwent Park on Sunday and hopefully cheer the boys on to a win...UPTT..

33 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Well Again,A lovely sunny evening for the boys tonight with good turnout.It was hot night to do any training but not in Leon's thoughts,has usual we started with the boys doing has they do on matchdays, teams of four just making good use of the ball.After about 15 minutes Leon switched to full contact with what looked like the first 13 on the field,I was particularly impressed with young Bailey from Leigh,He wanted to show he was here for the team and never put a foot wrong.We had four players up from Leigh tonight with young Bailey,the second rower Blagborough(sorry for spelling mistake)but you know who i mean, and I took a long time to study the aussie Lovett, and,i wasn't disappointed in what i saw.I have to say he isn't the biggest around,a bit like gordon&Kurt but he just seem to glide over the carpet at DP.I have to mention our other guest from Leigh and he got a nice reception from the boys and so did Lovett,oh,I forgot to mention the boy, He was the big coloured prop who Leigh signed from Catalans this year.He was certainly enjoying himself out there, and from what i could see Leon was very impressed.There was no Elliot tonight and buffer who has started a new job so they were absent,so to was young Perry Singleton,but the obvious people missing were Leatherbarrow and Tansey,but let's not put 2+2 making 5  until we have any real news.Finally,Our illustrious coach&His right hand man big Craig decided to join in the high impact training and have to say i wish Leon was still able to play,The way he holds the ball and how he brings his players into their positions,just showed what a class act he has been.The best part of the training tonight was when big Craig McDowell was eventually tackled? Newton swallow dived on him followed by big Fui fui moi moi who seem to enjoy diving on top them both.Well thats it boys&girls,lets all get down to Derwent Park on Sunday and hopefully cheer the boys on to a win...UPTT..

Cheers trouty.

C÷ Cheers trouty, excellent report as usual.

Without wanting to sound negative on DR i wonder why we brought a prop up from Leigh when we are stacked in that position already, unless one or more of ours are missing?

I think we are managing DR really well, with Bailey to cover the wing while JP is injured, Hambley slightly out of form, Forrester playing well at FB and Elliot quite often covering centre. I also agree with Lovett and Blagborough/Larne Patrick to cover in centre and second row where we are at our weakest at the moment.

Dont get me wrong if the lad from Leigh plays prop i will give him my full support and fair play to the lad for agreeing to come up for training, just seems strange when we already have Wilkes, Dawson, Scholey, Curwen, Moi Moi, Ryan (possibly still injured?) and Barnes, plus Olstrum who can cover prop very well.Troutmaster.. I think the big fella was up to have a look round,he was Jordan Dezaria a big black prop but was built physically like a second rower/centre.It pays to have lads from Leigh to come up and see what it looks like,and hopefully will come up without any doubts in there minds..Trouty...

Yes I totally agree trouty, it looks like a very intelligent move bringing the lad up for training, as we don't need a prop this week but if we get a few injuries to props and have to bring thr lad up on loan or DR it can only be a good thing if he already knows the club and the rest of the lads.

Scott was at training on Thursday,and i could not see any problems.I think Leon is using players to suit the opposition and not because he has not performed,When you look at the wingers we now even without young Scott we are not to badly off,but Scott has to muck in like the rest in which he has been,So his chance again will come soon enough... 

JP had to play with losing Karl due to his wife being in labour,I not sure what was wrong with Newt's but the team performed well.I cannot understand our lads at times,Newcastle were no mugs and they were very sharp,but what went wrong with tackling around the leg's,but we won and thats all that mattered..

It looked like they'd decided we had a big pack they had to dodge and step to make us turn to create gaps and you hear calls to "get em tackled" but we held our line and frustrated them. Perry snuffed em out every time and Curwen made a great tackle on their halfback ,they didn't look like scoring. I'm looking forward to seeing Fui get the ball in their half instead of ours ,Penky'll have a field day on the back of it. 

7 hours ago, gillmeister said:

When they were pressing second half Caine Barnes flew out of the line closed the play down and drove the receiver Back that was an outstanding bit of defending 

I was impressed with caine when he 1sy come. But he seems to be getting better and better with each game. Which I didn' this k possible. Plays the game with a mature head, far greater than his age suggests. Surely destined for the top.

On 5/24/2018 at 9:55 PM, Carlisle1921 said:

C÷ Cheers trouty, excellent report as usual.

Without wanting to sound negative on DR i wonder why we brought a prop up from Leigh when we are stacked in that position already, unless one or more of ours are missing?

I think we are managing DR really well, with Bailey to cover the wing while JP is injured, Hambley slightly out of form, Forrester playing well at FB and Elliot quite often covering centre. I also agree with Lovett and Blagborough/Larne Patrick to cover in centre and second row where we are at our weakest at the moment.

Dont get me wrong if the lad from Leigh plays prop i will give him my full support and fair play to the lad for agreeing to come up for training, just seems strange when we already have Wilkes, Dawson, Scholey, Curwen, Moi Moi, Ryan (possibly still injured?) and Barnes, plus Olstrum who can cover prop very well.Troutmaster.. I think the big fella was up to have a look round,he was Jordan Dezaria a big black prop but was built physically like a second rower/centre.It pays to have lads from Leigh to come up and see what it looks like,and hopefully will come up without any doubts in there minds..Trouty...

As a Leigh fan, I'm also surprised we're sending a prop, if you're stacked in that position we might want to lend one or two from you!

After the Leeds game, I think Bailey might get called back up, as we might not be seeing much of Matautia and Dawson after the disciplinaries. 

19 hours ago, phiggins said:

As a Leigh fan, I'm also surprised we're sending a prop, if you're stacked in that position we might want to lend one or two from you!

After the Leeds game, I think Bailey might get called back up, as we might not be seeing much of Matautia and Dawson after the disciplinaries. 

Shame cos he’s a brilliant player Ricky 

Archived