Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleD

Disciplinary - Jackson Hastings

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pimp is quite correct K'man when he says, "when you properly get a grip of everything rugby league", I must say I have been quite impressed with what you have learned and how you discuss some of the topics you get involved with in such a short period you have been involved in this game, but sometimes I feel you do show your inexpierience by some of the statements/comments you make, albeit I can see the intimidation and tounge in cheek tactics you employ to get a reaction, which I am sure you do it for your own pleasure.

Have a good day friend.

Run with the pack!

I must admit I don;t think there is any need for the "when you get a grip of everything RL" approach - I think it is elitist and unwelcoming.

I don't agree with Kayakman on this point, or a few others, but that isn't because of a lack of RL knowledge tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit I don;t think there is any need for the "when you get a grip of everything RL" approach - I think it is elitist and unwelcoming.

I don't agree with Kayakman on this point, or a few others, but that isn't because of a lack of RL knowledge tbh.

Fair comment David, perhaps a better descriptive could have been chosen, fwiw, I do enjoy my discussions with the esteemed gentleman from one of the motherlands former colonies (oop's).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI Kayakman. I live and work in Crete. I spend my days surrounded by Cretans. I have never met a Cretan who plays (or played) rugby of either code.

I think you meant "cretins" with an 'i'.

 


Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thanks Harry...Its just the internal politics of the Pack...its how we old grey wolves operate.  Maybe, just maybe, its time to change how some of the things operate and that is why I take the position(s) I do?  Remember Wolfpacks are aleways in a state of change and flux...we are very adaptable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

FYI Kayakman. I live and work in Crete. I spend my days surrounded by Cretans. I have never met a Cretan who plays (or played) rugby of either code.

I think you meant "cretins" with an 'i'.

 

No, actually I meant it in reference to the Dorian thugs who took over the Cretan civilization after the second set of earthquakes which destroyed the Palace at Phaestos.  They then dominated the weak civilization, raped and intermingled with the population, and never rebuilt anything...those are the ones I was referring to!

I have  a friend whose family run a successful old restaurant near there and they send me their own olive oil, honey,  food etc that they grow and produce on site....nice folks all!  I hope they keep it coming.  Remember:  with the Wolfpack going the way they are we will decode that Linear A script soon!  We will figure out those finer RL regulations.

Edited by Kayakman
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well thanks Harry...Its just the internal politics of the Pack...its how we old grey wolves operate.  Maybe, just maybe, its time to change how some of the things operate and that is why I take the position(s) I do?  Remember Wolfpacks are aleways in a state of change and flux...we are very adaptable!

Would that have something to do with the "beer tents" seems like a good stratergy to me, I am quite fond of the amber singing syrup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Would that have something to do with the "beer tents" seems like a good stratergy to me, I am quite fond of the amber singing syrup?

Just remember Harry, a wise man once told me that some people worship the moon; I worship the oval ball!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Just remember Harry, a wise man once told me that some people worship the moon; I worship the oval ball!

I just knew we were kindred spirits,

That is the phrase my good lady used to describe me a few years ago, when I was involved in a quite a few aspects of the game, taking up all my spare time, her exact words were "some people or ruled by the moon, you are ruled by the oval ball"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, Kayakman said:

Caton Brown was brought in to solidify the backs long term and build the club up...this is a long term project.  The team is moving upwards in the Leagues and standings.  He is a clean player.

The other was brought in as a hired goon gun for a few games to help Salford artificially stay up in SL.  The team was moving downwards and at the risk  of relegation.  He is a dirty player as evidenced by his suspension and behaviours on the  field.

THESE are the major differences between the two players.

All clubs are long term projects, due to the transient nature of Rugby League. You are not special in that regard. So your assertion is then that all clubs who sign players in short term deals are artificially solidifying there league position. Whats the statute of limitations on this. How long does a player need to be signed for to be legitimate? We signed other players, Greg Burke and Chamberlain from Widnes before the qualifiers, and have extended both of those deals beyond the end of this season. This is exactly the same as we are attempting to do with Hastings and Lussick. I honestly dont see how you take issue with the fact that we have done what all clubs do. Finally with the ABYSMAL disciplinary record of a number of your signings I probably wouldnt shout too loud about "Goons" especially with your sides growing reputation for thuggery. Salford may not be a great side, but were not known for being particularly dirty. You guys by all accounts cant claim the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big Red Keev said:

All clubs are long term projects, due to the transient nature of Rugby League. You are not special in that regard. So your assertion is then that all clubs who sign players in short term deals are artificially solidifying there league position. Whats the statute of limitations on this. How long does a player need to be signed for to be legitimate? We signed other players, Greg Burke and Chamberlain from Widnes before the qualifiers, and have extended both of those deals beyond the end of this season. This is exactly the same as we are attempting to do with Hastings and Lussick. I honestly dont see how you take issue with the fact that we have done what all clubs do. Finally with the ABYSMAL disciplinary record of a number of your signings I probably wouldnt shout too loud about "Goons" especially with your sides growing reputation for thuggery. Salford may not be a great side, but were not known for being particularly dirty. You guys by all accounts cant claim the same.

Sounds like I touched a nerve...well if the shoe fits.....

Don't try to change the topic.  Some of the questions you raise are indeed valid.  There is certainly a problem for teams from SL, in the Middle 8's, who sign players, just before the deadline, to short term contracts, in order to not be relegated and 'shore' themselves up .  After this is accomplished they seem to, in many cases, quickly divest then wash their hands of these players.  My original point was that I don't believe  this is the proper way fora Club (any Club) to operate....especially if the player is just a hired goon for a few games.  I believe it was you who said Hastings would be there at the end of next season...I don't think he will be...time will tell who of us is incorrect and if wrong  I will certainly stand corrected.

This has nothing to do with Toronto...this is about your club bringing  in a hired goon who tried to intentionally seriously injure another player.  He was found guilty but received an exceptionally  light sentence for a very serious act.    Look at the title of the thread which is "Disciplinary-Jackson Hastings". 

I think its terrible that you are trying to excuse it.

Edited by Kayakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

This has nothing to do with Toronto...this is about your club bringing  in a hired goon who tried to intentionally seriously injure another player.  He was found guilty but received an exceptionally  light sentence for a very serious act.   

I think that's a bit rich.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I think that's a bit rich.   

I wonder what Kayakman’s view of Bussey’s disgraceful act is now?and let’s see what the Match Review Panel makes of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSCR said:

I wonder what Kayakman’s view of Bussey’s disgraceful act is now?and let’s see what the Match Review Panel makes of it.

9 games + 3 months. Disgraceful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WSCR said:

I wonder what Kayakman’s view of Bussey’s disgraceful act is now?and let’s see what the Match Review Panel makes of it.

Innocent until proven guilty.   Haven't seen the video yet and didn't see what actually happened real time from the crowd.

Are you sure it was Bussey?   No penalty given, review not completed yet....innocent until proven guilty please (we got this idea from our old Mother country).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Innocent until proven guilty.   Haven't seen the video yet and didn't see what actually happened real time from the crowd.

Are you sure it was Bussey?   No penalty given, review not completed yet....innocent until proven guilty please (we got this idea from our old Mother country).

It was Bussey,he is remembered by a lot of people from the challenge cup match in 2017.

The biting incident was clearly shown on TV.

The penalty should have given but wasn’t,what rubbed it in was that Bussey was immediately substituted and when he came back on the the second half he complained to the referee the someone had bit his finger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WSCR said:

It was Bussey,he is remembered by a lot of people from the challenge cup match in 2017.

The biting incident was clearly shown on TV.

The penalty should have given but wasn’t,what rubbed it in was that Bussey was immediately substituted and when he came back on the the second half he complained to the referee the someone had bit his finger.

Well if it was him then the disciplinary will have to see it and act accordingly....who was it that bit him anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well if it was him then the disciplinary will have to see it and act accordingly....who was it that bit him anyway?

Not sure there were two or three players in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WSCR said:

Not sure there were two or three players in the area.

Well I sure hope they find out who it was that bit Bussey then and punish according, sounds to me like it was an intentional act to get revenge on his perceived bite....goes right to the Mens Rea.

Purposeful biting should not be excused in any circumstance and has no place in the game....this Toulouse player, WHOEVER IT WAS, needs to punished severely.  Terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bussey is a toilet

  • Like 2

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 2:10 PM, Kayakman said:

Sounds like I touched a nerve...well if the shoe fits.....

Don't try to change the topic.  Some of the questions you raise are indeed valid.  There is certainly a problem for teams from SL, in the Middle 8's, who sign players, just before the deadline, to short term contracts, in order to not be relegated and 'shore' themselves up .  After this is accomplished they seem to, in many cases, quickly divest then wash their hands of these players.  My original point was that I don't believe  this is the proper way fora Club (any Club) to operate....especially if the player is just a hired goon for a few games.  I believe it was you who said Hastings would be there at the end of next season...I don't think he will be...time will tell who of us is incorrect and if wrong  I will certainly stand corrected.

This has nothing to do with Toronto...this is about your club bringing  in a hired goon who tried to intentionally seriously injure another player.  He was found guilty but received an exceptionally  light sentence for a very serious act.    Look at the title of the thread which is "Disciplinary-Jackson Hastings". 

I think its terrible that you are trying to excuse it.

I havent excused anything nor have I tried to change the subject. Hastings tackle was high, it was a red card and he was punished accordingly. I dont excuse any foul play, but as an avid fan of the sport for more than 30 years and having played the game professionally it is far from the worst example of a high shot I have seen. The reason we have a specific thread for it is due to the players high profile and immediate impact since he joined Salford, rather than the severity of the penalty nor your perceived light punishment. I havent at any point said that Hastings will be with us next year, you are confusing me with someone else. I would certainly like that to be the case, but sadly im not sure that we can afford him. You can back track all you like regarding your comments around Salford bringing in a hired "goon" to stay up. It wasnt a commentary on the issues with the current transfer system, It was specific and hugely unfair dig at Salford. What actually happened is we signed a number of players later in the season, all of whom we are trying to secure on longer term deals, adhering to the same rules as everyone else, and indeed doing nothing different than ALL clubs have done since the League restructure took place. One thing you have learned very quickly since I assume you are pretty new to Rugby League is the one eyed attitude of the actions of your own players as opposed to other teams. That to be fair is pretty universal across all supporters of our great sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Red Keev said:

I havent excused anything nor have I tried to change the subject. Hastings tackle was high, it was a red card and he was punished accordingly. I dont excuse any foul play, but as an avid fan of the sport for more than 30 years and having played the game professionally it is far from the worst example of a high shot I have seen. The reason we have a specific thread for it is due to the players high profile and immediate impact since he joined Salford, rather than the severity of the penalty nor your perceived light punishment. I havent at any point said that Hastings will be with us next year, you are confusing me with someone else. I would certainly like that to be the case, but sadly im not sure that we can afford him. You can back track all you like regarding your comments around Salford bringing in a hired "goon" to stay up. It wasnt a commentary on the issues with the current transfer system, It was specific and hugely unfair dig at Salford. What actually happened is we signed a number of players later in the season, all of whom we are trying to secure on longer term deals, adhering to the same rules as everyone else, and indeed doing nothing different than ALL clubs have done since the League restructure took place. One thing you have learned very quickly since I assume you are pretty new to Rugby League is the one eyed attitude of the actions of your own players as opposed to other teams. That to be fair is pretty universal across all supporters of our great sport.

I have nothing against Salford, you assume a perceived bias which is incorrect.   I don't think teams should be allowed to bring in numerous hired guns just before the playoffs.  This would apply to all teams.  I personally believe that you should stick with the 'horses that brung ya'.  As a former player you MUST know the real disappointment of a fellow that has been with a team all season and finally can have a chance to show his stuff and then some foreign guy, is brought in, at the last moment, just hired fora few games, and you miss your chance.  Next year he is long gone and you are still there plugging along, loyal to your Club and team.

Just because all teams do it doesn't make it right.  I do not have 'have one eyed attitude of actions of your own players as opposed to other teams'....the rules should be equally applied to all irregardless of Club affiliation.  Hastings got two games, should have gotten more, but thats the way it goes....time to move on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I have nothing against Salford, you assume a perceived bias which is incorrect.   I don't think teams should be allowed to bring in numerous hired guns just before the playoffs.  This would apply to all teams.  I personally believe that you should stick with the 'horses that brung ya'.  As a former player you MUST know the real disappointment of a fellow that has been with a team all season and finally can have a chance to show his stuff and then some foreign guy, is brought in, at the last moment, just hired fora few games, and you miss your chance.  Next year he is long gone and you are still there plugging along, loyal to your Club and team.

Just because all teams do it doesn't make it right.  I do not have 'have one eyed attitude of actions of your own players as opposed to other teams'....the rules should be equally applied to all irregardless of Club affiliation.  Hastings got two games, should have gotten more, but thats the way it goes....time to move on.

 

Its what you did and its called professional sport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its what you did and its called professional sport.

 

There is nothing 'sporting' about it....and you know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...