Disciplinary - Jackson Hastings

DoubleD

1 hour ago, thepimp007 said:

Ha ha and Toronto didn't make any signings for the 8s? Are you saying Toronto are showing the way to build a proper club?

It's not really my job to suggest, but I will anyway....

I suggest the comment was about the character of the 'goon' rather than the principle of short term players. Having said that i do not believe in the current rules around the transfer deadline.

A Wigan Today article suggests that Wigan are (possibly perhaps maybe) interested in Hastings.  Although the article is frankly ambivalent.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Out of interest, S80, to which of the super 8s eight do you think they are superior?

On present form Hull are a real mess and look like they would be in a dogfight if they had been in the middle 8s....Radford can talk alot of injuries and I can understand that to a point  however the losing run is something like 9 out of 10 or worse so Hull are In a real mess. Some  of these losses have been clear ones.. Ie by 12pts or more. 

6 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

On present form Hull are a real mess and look like they would be in a dogfight if they had been in the middle 8s....Radford can talk alot of injuries and I can understand that to a point  however the losing run is something like 9 out of 10 or worse so Hull are In a real mess. Some  of these losses have been clear ones.. Ie by 12pts or more. 

If and its a big if, Hull had finished in the middle 8's they wouldn't have put their cue back on the rack so early.

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

It's not really my job to suggest, but I will anyway....

I suggest the comment was about the character of the 'goon' rather than the principle of short term players. Having said that i do not believe in the current rules around the transfer deadline.

A Wigan Today article suggests that Wigan are (possibly perhaps maybe) interested in Hastings.  Although the article is frankly ambivalent.

What would your suggestions be around the deadline? There will always be a flurry of signings regardless of when the deadline is. I dont think its fair to clubs to make it a lot earlier should they genuinely need to recruit if they were massively down on numbers

3 hours ago, WSCR said:

Irrespective of how many games Hastings got,how many “goons” have TWP signed to achieve what they want.

Most clubs have signed players before signing deadline its within the rules of the game.

None. 

What real loyalty does this Hastings guy have to the Red Devils.  None again.

3 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Elaborate?

Your statement that Toronto are showing the way to build a new club is correct.   Recent developments at the Skolars merely reaffirm your point.  We are just at the start of a Rugby League story that movies will be made about.  Thanks for your support.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Your statement that Toronto are showing the way to build a new club is correct.   Recent developments at the Skolars merely reaffirm your point.  We are just at the start of a Rugby League story that movies will be made about.  Thanks for your support.

Well elaborated.......If  you want an honest opinion there needs to be an overhaul at the Wolfpack if you want to succeed. You have a coach once again getting found out when the nitty gritty happens, which is unsurprising considering a whole heap of your squad were the ones he failed with. The squad you have in my opinion is not good enough. A smarter more experienced coach with more know how of players not just from the Leigh area would be a start.

On the subject of the Skolars, someone buying into a club that has worked so hard to keep themselves going to then just start with fanciful dreams of taking said club to America is disrespectful to the Skolars. This is not America or Canada where people can just jump from franchise to franchise supporting in different areas. Fans here (no matter how many or little a club may have) get attached to their teams. Why not just start a team in the US?

2 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Well elaborated.......If  you want an honest opinion there needs to be an overhaul at the Wolfpack if you want to succeed. You have a coach once again getting found out when the nitty gritty happens, which is unsurprising considering a whole heap of your squad were the ones he failed with. The squad you have in my opinion is not good enough. A smarter more experienced coach with more know how of players not just from the Leigh area would be a start.

On the subject of the Skolars, someone buying into a club that has worked so hard to keep themselves going to then just start with fanciful dreams of taking said club to America is disrespectful to the Skolars. This is not America or Canada where people can just jump from franchise to franchise supporting in different areas. Fans here (no matter how many or little a club may have) get attached to their teams. Why not just start a team in the US?

You got your facts wrong....Skolars are not going anywhere and never were, don't buy into the rumours.  

Of course TWP are constantly striving to improve and go higher, reach further and run faster...we are a Wolfpack and thats just what Wolfpacks do....no surprises there.

On one point we differ, I loyally stand by the players, management and ownership.  Everything is coming along real swell.  No need to change anything at this point....just fine tune.

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

None. 

What real loyalty does this Hastings guy have to the Red Devils.  None again.

Well, from the minute he arrived at the club he has shown 100% loyalty to the club and it’s fans and on occasions to fans of other clubs,you may or may not have seen the quote from a Halifax fan for Jackon Hastings conduct in the recent qualifier there.

The lad committed a foul he has been punished for it and he and the club will have carry on until the Toulouse game regardless.

47 minutes ago, WSCR said:

Well, from the minute he arrived at the club he has shown 100% loyalty to the club and it’s fans and on occasions to fans of other clubs,you may or may not have seen the quote from a Halifax fan for Jackon Hastings conduct in the recent qualifier there.

The lad committed a foul he has been punished for it and he and the club will have carry on until the Toulouse game regardless.

Fair enough....I guess he will be there for the entire next season then.

2 minutes ago, WSCR said:

The Salford fans certainly hope so.?

Hopefully we make SL next season and you guys come to Lamport to play; we will plan a welcome for the young lad that he will never forget: NEVER!

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You got your facts wrong....Skolars are not going anywhere and never were, don't buy into the rumours.  

Of course TWP are constantly striving to improve and go higher, reach further and run faster...we are a Wolfpack and thats just what Wolfpacks do....no surprises there.

On one point we differ, I loyally stand by the players, management and ownership.  Everything is coming along real swell.  No need to change anything at this point....just fine tune.

Never posted it as fact and I hope that is the case. Well we will agree to disagree, Rowley has shown himself to be petulant and lacking in actually getting a team over the line. The amount of mid season signings the club have made actually tells you the management werent confident in the players that started the season. On your point about what loyalty does hastings have to Salford, what loyalty can any of the English players have towards Toronto, a team in its infancy not even two years old?

2 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Never posted it as fact and I hope that is the case. Well we will agree to disagree, Rowley has shown himself to be petulant and lacking in actually getting a team over the line. The amount of mid season signings the club have made actually tells you the management werent confident in the players that started the season. On your point about what loyalty does hastings have to Salford, what loyalty can any of the English players have towards Toronto, a team in its infancy not even two years old?

The players are very loyal...over here we have an actual term for English people who come and become loyal to this place....they are called of all things, Loyalists.  There are tens of thousands of them.

1 hour ago, TBone said:

I heard that Nobby had expressed an interest in signing Hastings should TWP get promoted.

As I said in my quote, it remains more true than ever:

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hopefully we make SL next season and you guys come to Lamport to play; we will plan a welcome for the young lad that he will never forget: NEVER!

4 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Of course they wouldn’t be confident, this was a team that was in League 1 last year, they’re clearly not going to have a team full of SL standard players. Why on earth would you think otherwise?

23 hours ago, tim2 said:

That's because most are based on UK law, which does the same thing. Example - reckless driving versus causing death by reckless driving. In both cases the action was the same but the result means the difference between a ban/fine and a prison sentence.

Sorry but you are absolutely wrong, that's not how the British justice system works, you've given an example showing same intent but a different level of outcome, of course the punishment is different! There's no such thing as reckless driving, it's either dangerous or careless/inconsiderate..

Death by dangerous driving (or Death by careless under influence of drugs/drink) carries a maximum tariff of 14 years, death by careless/inconsiderate 5 years, this takes into account level of intent/deliberate actions. You've not only intended to go out driving under drink/drugs but the action of the driving was careless also, both together means equivalent to dangerous despite the lesser driving action.

Serious injury by dangerous driving carries the same maximum sentence of death by careless, because the justice system recognises that a death through carelessness is to be punished no worse than serious injury by dangerous driving - which is more about fortune/luck that a person was not more seriously harmed due to the serious actions of those posing the threat of harm. in fact serious injury by dangerous driving is being pursued in courts and indeed sentencing is often more vigorous than death by careless (we can argue as to leniency of downgrading a charge to death by careless but that's for another discussion) 

This is replicated in the Offences against the persons act 1861, crimes. The difference between involuntary manslaughter and GBH tariffs make this clear. One a worse outcome but with lesser intent invariably receives a lower sentence, also the difference between murder and unlawful act manslaughter.

In RL this often does not happen, intent is thrown out the window too often with players getting off because no injury or a lesser injury occured, a more serious injury that occurs through a careless unintentional action or even despite no fault is punished far more harshly on average. This is seen every time the disciplinary comes up and indeed on the field with red/yellow cards. A deliberate swinging arm that just misses gets a penalty, a tackle that ends up putting pressure on a players neck is often deemed as reckless despite many of them being unable to extricate themselves simply due to the randomness of any given tackle. For example, Gareth Ellis got two games for a nothing tackle where he was unable to do anything because of how the tackled players' body was, absolutely zero intent and unable to extricate himself from that position, you cannot predict where the attackers body is going to be. Deliberate swinging arm with intent that misses, simple penalty and nothing more. 

Archived