London game day next season?

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Yes, the 5 minute bus-ride from Ealing Broadway seems to bring RL fans out in an allergic rash, but in real life there are lots of buses and Ealing Broadway is served by all of trains and tubes anyone could need. Traiilfinders isn't a hard ground to get to.

You are so right, but some folk just need an excuse not to attend games.

Well today is the deadline for seat renewal / early bird pricing. I've decided to chance it and renew - my suspicion is we will be playing on varying days next season and I'll be able to get to some of the games. My missus however has decided not to renew given the uncertainty about game day. A fan probably lost for the sake of a phone call or e-mail. Not good when you consider how few of us there are to start with.

I first contacted Broncos about this on October 9th and have not had any contact from the club since. Very disappointing.

Worst case scenario I guess it is off to Hemel in the Southern Conference. Saw some cracking games there v  the likes of Crawley and Ipswich back in the day. Bring back that sort of quality and we'll be happy enough down there with a few northern jaunts thrown in.

Not on Twitter or Facebook. TBH I think both phoning - they have a v-mail system - and e-mailing should be sufficient to get a response given the timespan.

Thanks for the idea though, and to whoever suggested the Facebook link. It's appreciated.

Given the mixed needs of Sky, Ealing RU, potential weddings, the need for cash from away fans and player recovery I suspect Broncos will be playing on various days next season so hopefully I can make a few games at least.

4 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

You are so right, but some folk just need an excuse not to attend games.

I think taking public transport is different up north compared to in London. Up north most people travel everywhere by car and getting public transport is seen as the option for the skint from what I've found. In London, you'd be mad to take a car anywhere except in the suburbs because it just wouldn't be worth your time. It's much more normalised to have to get a train, tube and then a bus to where you want to go in London.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Toby Chopra said:

It almost certainly won't be Saturday cos Ealing RU have first dibs September to May and the complex does a roaring trade for weddings in the summer!

I see no reason why it won't still be Sundays at 3pm, unless moved for TV. 

As I said, a suggestion. I'd expect more away fans to travel to London on a Saturday, even stopping over, than a Sunday. But if RU and weddings take precedent over RL that's the club's choice. As for picking a preferred day, it depends on how many times Sky want to go there. Thursday and Friday games will be a treat.

34 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

I think taking public transport is different up north compared to in London. Up north most people travel everywhere by car and getting public transport is seen as the option for the skint from what I've found. In London, you'd be mad to take a car anywhere except in the suburbs because it just wouldn't be worth your time. It's much more normalised to have to get a train, tube and then a bus to where you want to go in London.

I don’t really agree with you but travelling across London by car and public transport can take hours and I think some people misunderstand that fact. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I don’t really agree with you but travelling across London by car and public transport can take hours and I think some people misunderstand that fact. 

I can only go off the attitude i've seen myself. Most people avoid public transport like the plague.

Either way it takes me about an hour from door to stadium and that's in SE London Zone 5 by public transport. I don't really consider that to be all that bad. By car you'd be doubling that.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:31 PM, graveyard johnny said:

I would imagine it depends on sky , bus and rail strikes, if east ham women fc have a home game or if someone important at the ru coughs or sneezes , how can hull kr fans not be expected to take the short trip to the capital on a thurs nite in consideration of the possibility there may be a star wars convention going on just up the road on that Saturday, how selfish of them to put themselves 1st 

On way or another RL games, certainly SL games, are a moveable feast thanks to the TV and the need of shared grounds. London are no different.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, andyscoot said:

...In London, you'd be mad to take a car anywhere except in the suburbs because it just wouldn't be worth your time. It's much more normalised to have to get a train, tube and then a bus to where you want to go in London.

Definitely agree from my personal experience of living in London. Tube much quicker and almost always faster/easier than car. Buses run frequently and you can download free phone APP giving accurate arrival times/route planning. Using public transport should not put any away fans off visiting to watch a game. 

Archived