Challenge cup and New 1895 cup

Batley Bob

3 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

is that the one against oldham schools which a certain Kevin Sinfield played in?

If it was that game Danny Maun scored and went round Sinfield. Put it on dvd for  Mauny who had the original video. It had the presentations on after the match in Moor clubhouse  . Brilliant nostalgia.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And a first chance to visit Wembley - that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Bite bite...........It would be lovely BSJ.  And wouldn't it be great if we went on to win it and hence the first winners of three different trophys.  (Ok, OK, so what if there were only three winners of the Transpennine trophy....makes it special, doesn't it?).

8 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

is that the one against oldham schools which a certain Kevin Sinfield played in?

Don't think so. It would make Sinfield 43 years old if he was 11 in 1983. (Can't remember the exact year, but it was round about that time I was 'friendly' - for a very brief time - with a young teaching assistant at the school.)

Perhaps you're thinking of Gary Connolly for St Helens schools?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

2 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Don't think so. It would make Sinfield 43 years old if he was 11 in 1983. (Can't remember the exact year, but it was round about that time I was 'friendly' - for a very brief time - with a young teaching assistant at the school.)

Batley and Dewsbury schools played 3 times at Wembley against Widnes, Oldham and St Helens in 1983,92 and 1997 in which 3 ex Bulldogs played in with John Gallagher, Luke Stenchion and Patch Walker

19 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

it was round about that time I was 'friendly' - for a very brief time - with a young teaching assistant at the school.)

Did your wife know ?   ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

it was round about that time I was 'friendly' - for a very brief time - with a young teaching assistant at the school.)

Did your wife know ?   ;)

I was seventeen at the time (as was the young lady).

I didn't meet my present wife until the following year. :smile:

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

4 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

And she still let you off....?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

14 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

So you fulfilled one young lady's dreams whilst crushing those of another?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 months later...

That's as close as Dewsbury will get to it..

Look good our cabinet that, might have to shove a few others out the way to make room though.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived