2019 Away Shirt

NWDuk

On 12/12/2018 at 1:59 PM, NWDuk said:

I think we wore our "away" shirt for the first three or four home games last season. I'd assume that was under direction of the RFL

Sorry to bring more facts to the party....

The rfl call them 1st kit and alternate kit in their directives, there’s no such thing as home or away shirts anymore, in their eyes. 

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

Hence the ""...

As far as crests go, I've got  a few older shirts with the barrow crest and I like them. However, other than giving a few old timers a warm fuzzy feeling I can see why almost all teams have moved away from them. I believe, in SL, only Wigan still use their crest and that's probably an outlier due to the dominance they've had on the sport.

Where's the brand recognition? If I wasn't a follower of RL (or even lived a little further away), I wouldn't be able to tell you that was a Workington shirt. Probably couldn't tell you what the sport was either.

I'm not a massive fan of Barrow's logo. Mostly as it has little to do with the "Raiders" moniker. However, it's recognisabe and consistent with the rest of the clubs branding.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, Campeze said:

The rfl call them 1st kit and alternate kit in their directives, there’s no such thing as home or away shirts anymore, in their eyes. 

There's no such thing as home or away shirts anymore? Not having a go at you Pete. Are you saying that if we wanted to, we can play in any colour we want, home or away? And the RFL don't give a toss? Tell you what. Just take the flag down that has been proudly flying over CP for a hundred years. I'm seriously starting to lose interest in identity. In my eyes, they can get stuffed.

No, that's exactly the opposite of what he's saying.

Club's don't choose what colours they wear. The RFL specifies the which kit the teams will wear for every match in advance. Hence we played a run of home games in our black away/alternate kit last year.

I don't give a toss what colour we play in as long as we win games and stay up

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

14 hours ago, TMF said:

There's no such thing as home or away shirts anymore? Not having a go at you Pete. Are you saying that if we wanted to, we can play in any colour we want, home or away? And the RFL don't give a toss? Tell you what. Just take the flag down that has been proudly flying over CP for a hundred years. I'm seriously starting to lose interest in identity. In my eyes, they can get stuffed.

Every club sends the RFL a design of their kits pre season, before the season even starts the RFL will have sent each club details of which kit they will wear for each fixture for the season.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, NWDuk said:

Craven Park is only 87 years old....

Fact over load

True, my bad, but add Little Park, lol. But i think you get my drift.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, Campeze said:

OK Pete, thanks for bringing facts to the party. Not you fault, it's the RL. So why do the club advertise home and away kits for sale? I agree with Dave W. How stupid is it to play a team at home in their away kit but you can play in your home kit, away? And the RL wonder why clubs are loosing supporters?

On 12/20/2018 at 6:41 AM, NWDuk said:

No, that's exactly the opposite of what he's saying.

Club's don't choose what colours they wear. The RFL specifies the which kit the teams will wear for every match in advance. Hence we played a run of home games in our black away/alternate kit last year.

Wondering if it might be useful for those with home/away or first/alternate shirts if clubs, all clubs, might publish which shirt will be worn on particular match days? 

David Taylor

@750VFR

I think 750 VFR you hit the nail on the head. Home/Away of first/ Alternate shirts? What shirt do we wear, lol, on particular match days. I dunno. This is how rediculous it has become.

20 hours ago, Raider94 said:

I doubt any club is losing fans over what kit their team wears on any particular day. As a supporter you turn up to support the team in whichever shirt you fancy wearing, why does it matter? 

True raider. You're right. I just want CP to be a blue and white fortress. I hate seeing people on the terrace with black shirts on. Reminds me of funerals.

Archived