Widdop and price

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

warrington fans getting all giddy saying widdop would be the best half in SL or most influenetial player, I don't think he would.

There's no doubt he's a quality player but you're seriously over-egging him, would I want him at Hull at 31 for the money that's being thrown about, no thanks.

13 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

warrington fans getting all giddy saying widdop would be the best half in SL or most influenetial player, I don't think he would.

There's no doubt he's a quality player but you're seriously over-egging him, would I want him at Hull at 31 for the money that's being thrown about, no thanks.

The biggest plaudits have not been from Wire fans here. I am always nervous about bigging up signings, and I have never been 100% convinced by Widdopp for England, but he is a big name in the sport, has high pedigree, and is better than what we currently have.

And I'm not sure why people get so obsessed with the money point. It is small time RL thinking. If the club decides they can afford it, what does it matter how much he is getting paid? Especially when it is all guesswork anyway.

We constantly go out of our way to find reasons why signings will be rubbish rather than enjoying the ride.

3 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

There's nothing wrong with wire fans getting giddy infact if more teams were getting giddy it would be signs things are improving. But lee briers was at his best in his thirties so age is not a problem for quality half backs.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, Leeds Wire said:

3 pages of nobody saying anything remotely like that :umbrage:

Er, think you'll find at least two people on here saying he's a star NRL halfback, that he'll be big news and also warrington fans elsewhere. So yeah, getting giddy about a player who firstly hasn't signed for anyone, hasn't said he's Warrington bound.and wouldn't be 'big news' beyond a few thousand people in Cheshire. RL hacks might make it out to be a big deal but it really wouldn't be. I've said my piece previously but the 'giddy' warrington fans are out in force same as every year they get a sniff?

6 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Er, think you'll find at least two people on here saying he's a star NRL halfback, that he'll be big news and also warrington fans elsewhere. So yeah, getting giddy about a player who firstly hasn't signed for anyone, hasn't said he's Warrington bound.and wouldn't be 'big news' beyond a few thousand people in Cheshire. RL hacks might make it out to be a big deal but it really wouldn't be. I've said my piece previously but the 'giddy' warrington fans are out in force same as every year they get a sniff?

That is pretty much factual. 

He is a star NRL halfback. He is a big name there and commands a huge salary. 

It is a big RL story. Hence things like these articles about a signing that may or may not happen in a year. Even you are discussing it.

And let's remember, your claim was that Wire fans were claiming he would be the best halfback in SL and the most influential player. Could you quote those Wire fans?

Archived