Luke Gale

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swap deal complete apparently:

- Wardle to Hudds (replaced at Cas by Clarkson who signed earlier in the week)

- Rankin to Cas

Assumedly if Cas have bothered to get dispensation we are looking at someone else too - I doubt we would have needed it to complete the deal above.

Fairly happy with Rankin, type of player DP improves.  Utility value and could go to full back to release Matauti into the centre's and Minikin on the wing to strengthen the outside backs if need be.

Wardle just didn't work out at Cas, think he will go well again at Hudds.

I can see nothing in the Super League salary cap regulations regarding dispensation for players with long term injuries (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just means I can't find it), though other levels do have it. 

I think as long as the club declare that he will not play this season, and he doesn't, then they should be allowed dispensation set at a fixed maximum level.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

29 minutes ago, Padge said:

I can see nothing in the Super League salary cap regulations regarding dispensation for players with long term injuries (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just means I can't find it), though other levels do have it. 

I think as long as the club declare that he will not play this season, and he doesn't, then they should be allowed dispensation set at a fixed maximum level.

Apparently it was added 2016 and Wigan (Manfredi?), Wire (Harrison) and another club (seen  Hull KR mentioned) have already used it.

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

Apparently it was added 2016 and Wigan (Manfredi?), Wire (Currie) and another club (seen  Hull KR mentioned) have already used it.

Well I have just trawled through the 2018 operational rules, which includes the salary cap regulations and has a whole section on dispensations, and I can't find it.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Well I have just trawled through the 2018 operational rules, which includes the salary cap regulations and has a whole section on dispensations, and I can't find it.

You and your crazy Friday night's!!!

Im going off the media releases I've read, ie https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/luke-gale-injury-castleford-tigers-241

5 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

The RFL either need to update their regulations or read them and understand them. Dispensation does exist but not in SL. They may have been offering dispensation outside of their remit. I don't care what the press release says. I once saw one that said the NHS would get £350m a week after Brexit.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

The RFL either need to update their regulations or read them and understand them. Dispensation does exist but not in SL. They may have been offering dispensation outside of their remit. I don't care what the press release says. I once saw one that said the NHS would get £350m a week after Brexit.

Or maybe the havent published the latest regulations on the internet.

20 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Or maybe the havent published the latest regulations on the internet.

They are the 2018 regulations on their own website.

31 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Maybe if the regulations were in big bold type you'd be able to find the section which clearly covers this situation!

Could I suggest you go and find it and enlighten us all, I did say that I didn't find it which doesn't mean it isn't there. At least I went to have a look to see if I could throw some light on it.

Go ahead find it, it shouldn't be difficult with your 20 20 vision.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Could I suggest you go and find it and enlighten us all, I did say that I didn't find it which doesn't mean it isn't there. At least I went to have a look to see if I could throw some light on it.

Go ahead find it, it shouldn't be difficult with your 20 20 vision.

Your right.  It wasn't difficult. I found it 37 minutes ago, I started looking for it about 39 minutes ago, hence my previous post.

40 minutes ago, Ant said:

Rankin to Cas is a good move for them. Did a good job for the Giants and will do well for Cas I'm sure 

Not convinced about Wardle on the return though 

Personally I think we have lacked a good support player since Hardaker, fed up of seeing Watts, Moors and co half break or get their hands free and find no-one on their shoulder.  From what I've seen of Rankin it's s decent part of his game.  His utility value could be a god send too, with our outside back limitations (I don't suppose Mcgilvery and him are inseparable are they?  We have Gales wage available;)

I think will go well to be honest (assuming he's over his injury woes of last season).  He showed glimpses of quality (especially in defence at times) but just couldn't string the games together to make any real impact, if he's on the field he won't let anyone down I don't think.

22 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Your right.  It wasn't difficult. I found it 37 minutes ago, I started looking for it about 39 minutes ago, hence my previous post.

Care to enlighten us then, page number ?

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

3 1.1 d, Salary cap regulations 

As I said, it didn't mean it wasn't there, I couldn't find it. Well done, I hope you enjoyed your riveting Friday evening you little playboy you. ?

Just now, Padge said:

As I said, it didn't mean it wasn't there, I couldn't find it. Well done, I hope you enjoyed your riveting Friday evening you little playboy you. ?

Haha , it came down to a choice of watching Justin's house with the teething little un (again) or reading the RLF operational rules...

Thanks for taking my mind of Justin  and his bloody dusting for a few minutes ;)

Archived