Keighley Match

Supporter

Haven sit top of the league , yet we have scored 41 points more than them , unfortunately we have shipped 77 points more than them . At least the new coach will know where are problems are and concentrate on that .On yesterday ,  was disappointed we lost in the end , but thought the result might have been much worse , we still have a chance to re-group and make the play offs with the league as tight as it is , so let`s wait and see who we bring in UTT.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

with 30% completion first half and our poor discipline and unforced errors you are not going to win games.

Nail on the head . You can’t coach that . So many games become an uphill struggle if you’re making them so much harder than they need be . It’s a real shame we let our grip slip late , but really we lost it  from 16-0 with a very ragged first half hour 

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Nail on the head . You can’t coach that . So many games become an uphill struggle if you’re making them so much harder than they need be . It’s a real shame we let our grip slip late , but really we lost it  from 16-0 with a very ragged first half hour 

What it does give is proof and analysis in numbers that we need to smarter and concentrate on completion, when we do we will spend more time out of our half defending, with an old team thats only ending 1 way and it's being proved every week. 

11 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

What it does give is proof and analysis in numbers that we need to smarter and concentrate on completion, when we do we will spend more time out of our half defending, with an old team thats only ending 1 way and it's being proved every week. 

If this was a young team you could excuse daft errors and discipline because you would hope eventually they would get what the games about at this level, but most of this team are old heads and should be doing better.. 

On the cup match this week this team need to start winning matches to start a run off so the more matches the better for me.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Back from a couple of week at work what has gone on why was Tyler mellor not playing yesterday he’s been one of the better players since his arrival. Gary Murdoch would be my choice for coach as the club need to go back to basics. 

1 minute ago, Big Yin said:

Back from a couple of week at work what has gone on why was Tyler mellor not playing yesterday he’s been one of the better players since his arrival. Gary Murdoch would be my choice for coach as the club need to go back to basics. 

Mellor is injured

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Looks like that will be our option now with this being a very short season and only 3 more games until the half way point but still some very strange results today.

Interesting listening to Fieldhouse summing up on the Radio today saying he was happy to help Ollie out and that the team showed plenty of Spirit but with 30% completion first half and our poor discipline and unforced errors you are not going to win games.

Hunslet away next week in the Cup and I have mixed feelings for this one.Do we give the likes of Sutton and Dom Smallwood game time as getting knocked out might be a good thing as we could then concentrate on the league and avoid risking more injuries and heavy defeats against the likes of Leigh or Widnes away.Or do we go for the win to build confidence and get momentum going again ? I really don't know which would be the best outcome.

Are those stats available anywhere?

When we have a game winning lead we need to start seeing sets out and kicking to corners but we still seem to try for the spectacular which can give away cheap possession and field positions. That's what we need and I was hoping Farrell at half back might be that influence

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

Are those stats available anywhere?

Just what Fieldhouse quoted on the radio so sure they will be correct as he was assisting Ollie from the sideline.

I remember a couple of seasons ago I was sat next to Richard Marshall and his Stats team and despite them leading us by over 20 points and winning at a canter he was furious with their completion rate of around 60 % at the time and when he sent word down to the touchline to get it sorted and nothing changed he substituted 2 of the culprits and ensured they got a right roasting from the touchline team before they were allowed back on.Modern technology allows easy analysis of Stats now such as completion Rate,Tackling,missed tackles and yards gained  so the repeat offenders should be known and work spent on which ever aspect of their game is failing.

3 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Just what Fieldhouse quoted on the radio so sure they will be correct as he was assisting Ollie from the sideline.

I remember a couple of seasons ago I was sat next to Richard Marshall and his Stats team and despite them leading us by over 20 points and winning at a canter he was furious with their completion rate of around 60 % at the time and when he sent word down to the touchline to get it sorted and nothing changed he substituted 2 of the culprits and ensured they got a right roasting from the touchline team before they were allowed back on.Modern technology allows easy analysis of Stats now such as completion Rate,Tackling,missed tackles and yards gained  so the repeat offenders should be known and work spent on which ever aspect of their game is failing.

Indeed . I remember a story from Veivers time . He was all over these things , and when a player confronted him about game time or some other complaint , Veivers got a book out and said something like well you dropped it three times , missed four tackles etc etc , next  question ?

2 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

I know you lost but you played better than a lot of your supporters expected and to make you feel a bit better if Keighley did not have points deducted they would be top of the league not Whitehaven.? 

Joint top it’s early days yet and town will be up there at the. End ??

Archived