New Coach

RLNew

"ROCHDALE Hornets can confirm they have mutually agreed to part ways with Carl Forster with immediate effect.

The club wish to place on record its thanks to Carl and his team for their hard work during their time with Rochdale Hornets.

Miles Greenwood and Lee Mitchell have been placed in temporary charge of the first team and will be assisted by team manager, Lee Durrant. A decision regarding future coaching arrangement’s will be made in due course.

Carl Forster said: “I would like to wish Rochdale Hornets the very best for this season, the fans and the boys in particular who have been fantastic for me during some tough times but I have every confidence in them that they will deliver the results this season."

28 minutes ago, Gavinr said:

Deserved a shot much more than a few of his predecessors hope he is the coach (if he wants the challenge)

Nice to know you change your opinions Tyrone 

I only want the best for Hornets matey. At the moment he looks to be the best option for the club. When circumstances change I can change my opinion. I think we've lacked a bit of aggression amongst other things this season, I expect a change in that respect at least.

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I only want the best for Hornets matey. At the moment he looks to be the best option for the club. When circumstances change I can change my opinion. I think we've lacked a bit of aggression amongst other things this season, I expect a change in that respect at least.

Was it 13 or so years ago he last coached in the pro game? Got a big task in front of him but saying that good luck to him and the club

Calland it is - let’s get the ship moving again in the right direction.

From the announcement on the official web site:

“He is a missing piece of the puzzle that we have been trying to put together for a number of years. He is a local coach, whose experience of the game in Rochdale is second to none. He has an unrivalled knowledge of player development through his work managing the Hopwood Hall rugby league academy and I (Steve Kerr)am thoroughly excited to be working with him”

3 hours ago, glemiln said:

Calland it is - let’s get the ship moving again in the right direction.

From the announcement on the official web site:

“He is a missing piece of the puzzle that we have been trying to put together for a number of years. He is a local coach, whose experience of the game in Rochdale is second to none. He has an unrivalled knowledge of player development through his work managing the Hopwood Hall rugby league academy and I (Steve Kerr)am thoroughly excited to be working with him”

Considering he was interviewed for the job when Forster was appointed perhaps the missing piece of the puzzle should have been appointed then? So what had changed within 5 months that had convinced Mr Kerr, Matt is our man. Still no mention of the make up of the board of directors.

I think anyone who's watched us this season will realise Matt has taken on a big task. We've tried hard for most games but we seem to be lacking direction and fitness. These issues won't be put right over night. He needs time to get the lads playing to their best and the way he want's them to play. We need to be patient and give the new coach time to get the team going in the right direction.

9 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Considering he was interviewed for the job when Forster was appointed perhaps the missing piece of the puzzle should have been appointed then? So what had changed within 5 months that had convinced Mr Kerr, Matt is our man. Still no mention of the make up of the board of directors.

Our record is 1-9 right now, that changes things.

5 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

How many times has Matt Calland been shunned by Hornets in the last few years? Must be a mate of Martin Hall`s if he`s decided to get on board now. Best of luck Matt,you`re definitely going to need it.

He has a tough job as do Swinton, Barrow, Dewsbury, Batley etc but good luck to him as he does deserve a shot. 

17 hours ago, RLNew said:

He has a tough job as do Swinton, Barrow, Dewsbury, Batley etc but good luck to him as he does deserve a shot. 

But they are all winnable games and we have beaten all but one over the last two seasons, running batley close two or three times . If we want to stay up we will have to win those games. We still have to play Dewsbury home and away, swinton at the summer bash and at home, batley at home and barrow away, these are all games we can win. It all depends on what Matt calland can do in the time that he has.

Archived