18 May: Betfred Championship - Summer Bash Day 1 Match Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, POR said:

don't know what you were expecting FEV put forty past them at easter and the seventeen on show saturday was head and shoulders better than the seventeen who played good friday  as for the last ten  FEV had put their cue in the rack and were just waiting for the hooter

Maybe he was expecting a closer game because York are third in the league and Fev were sixth?

Seriously, this is really weird that Fev fans have taken Wellsy's throwaway comment so personally.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Murrell is different class but our problem is he has been carrying the team for too long with Marshall seemingly unwillig to bring in a quality scrum half to compliment him. We looked better with the ball last night than we have done in a while and will only get better as Grix and Murrell get game time together.

Scott Grix is a Utility Player that can play Stand Off, but it was never his main position. He is 35 years old.

I dont agree with dropping Ben White, who has been playing well and got MOM last week. It is short Term thinking for me and just finding a place for his brother. Fax risk losing a quality halfback for the sake of short term thinking. White has worked well with Murrell, who also may retire at the end of the season as he is 34 in September.

31 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Maybe he was expecting a closer game because York are third in the league and Fev were sixth?

Seriously, this is really weird that Fev fans have taken Wellsy's throwaway comment so personally.

show me who's taking it personally just pointing out the error of his ways problem is lots of posters know nowt about the championship so base their judgements on league table  york third FEV seventh ERGO close game /york win 

Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights by 18   is one of my favourites

i

10 minutes ago, POR said:

show me who's taking it personally just pointing out the error of his ways problem is lots of posters know nowt about the championship so base their judgements on league table  york third FEV seventh ERGO close game /york win 

i

Right ok, so what exactly is the problem with that?

If the league was so easy to predict we'd all be millionaires and the Bookies would be skint. 

York winning yesterday wasn't beyond the realms of possibility. They're still above Featherstone in the league.

York, Swinton, Dewsbury or whoever are able to match it with any club. Swinton have run Fev and Fax close this year. IF York had a couple more back from injury, they may have pushed Fev much closer or even won. Its laughable to think your team should be putting x amount on another team.

Fev have hardly a settled team this year and must have used over 35 players already. Fev are a good team. They likely will finish in the top 5. But they are also liable, like virtually the rest, to struggle or lose to anybody. Thats what makes the Championship the great comp it is.

2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Scott Grix is a Utility Player that can play Stand Off, but it was never his main position. He is 35 years old.

I dont agree with dropping Ben White, who has been playing well and got MOM last week. It is short Term thinking for me and just finding a place for his brother. Fax risk losing a quality halfback for the sake of short term thinking. White has worked well with Murrell, who also may retire at the end of the season as he is 34 in September.

Most full backs in the SL could drop to the Championship and be stand out at half back. I wouldn't get too carried away with White after 1 maybe 2 decent games to be honest. We saw yesterday glimpses of how much quicker we will move the ball with Grix in the halves. Ive no problem at all about bringing some quality in to a position that we have needed upgrading for at least a couple of seasons now.

3 hours ago, POR said:

i

How silly of me to think that a team in 3rd halfway through the season wouldn't have a close game with a team in 7th.

I don't understand why that's such a silly prediction though. A few Fev fans have jumped on my comment about it being a shame though. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

God it’s embarrassing being a Fev fan at times.

York have punched well above their weight this year with what I think is around the 3rd/4th lowest budget in the league. It’s remarkable they are where they are.

Fev spend around 4 times that of York so it should be no contest in theory but York have played very well this year. Fev looking strong now with a settled team and could be dark horses.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived