Jump to content

London Broncos have been a disaster off the pitch


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

What's a "top level stadium"? it's just meaningless drivel.  the capacity is 4k.  The club were averaging 800 last year. 

I''ve been a season ticket holder when they played at Brentford, it was expensive, the seats were ridiculously close together, only 1 or 2 stands were open for games max.  It was terrible.  But hey it fits your definition as it looks like a pro soccer stadium.

I was a season ticket holder at the Stoop, 12k capacity and crowds of 2-4k.  The atmosphere was terrible, the bar staff were painfully rude, it was in bl**dy Twickenham. 

I just don't get the obsession with having a pro soccer style stadium so we can all point and criticise when it's 3/4 empty and the club are going bust again due to the cost.

Ealing is a really good fit for where the club are and allows them to continue their excellent junior development and survive as a club with room to grow.

 

You seem to be having an argument with someone else because I have never said that.

On your last paragraph London will never grow as a club playing at a 3rd rate RU ground. Floating fans and possible fans will never be attracted to a stadium like that and they will never think of entertainment at such a ground as being top flight or high quality. Attendances show this.

As for excellent junior development, that's great. It was all stuff they were doing in the Championship and isn't advanced one bit by being in Super League. Yes Ealing is a good fit, for a lower level club not a Super League one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Damien said:

You seem to be having an argument with someone else because I have never said that.

On your last paragraph London will never grow as a club playing at a 3rd rate RU ground. Floating fans and possible fans will never be attracted to a stadium like that and they will never think of entertainment at such a ground as being top flight or high quality. Attendances show this.

As for excellent junior development, that's great. It was all stuff they were doing in the Championship and isn't advanced one bit by being in Super League. Yes Ealing is a good fit, for a lower level club not a Super League one.

The attendances would be exactly the same if they were playing this season in a traditional soccer stadium with lots of empty seats and big permanent stands.  There's no evidence the crowds would magically improve if people on tv saw them playing in an empty big stadium.  All the feedback ive seen is that people who actually make an effort to go to the ground really like it and want to go back.

It's a great facility and im sure it's affordable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tre Cool said:

The attendances would be exactly the same if they were playing this season in a traditional soccer stadium with lots of empty seats and big permanent stands.  There's no evidence the crowds would magically improve if people on tv saw them playing in an empty big stadium.  All the feedback ive seen is that people who actually make an effort to go to the ground really like it and want to go back.

It's a great facility and im sure it's affordable.

It must be great to be a mind reader. Crowds were multiples of what they are now when they did play at Brentford, Charlton etc and awareness far higher. I'm not saying that is the solution but your argument is absurd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

All expansionists should try and make the effort to get to TF at least once a season IMO.

All true Rugby League fans will visit TF at least once a year.

  • Like 1

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

It must be great to be a mind reader. Crowds were multiples of what they are now when they did play at Brentford, Charlton etc and awareness far higher. I'm not saying that is the solution but your argument is absurd.

The crowds were decimated by poor performing teams, repeated stadium moves and relegation.  The average has never been more than 5k.  Big, unaffordable stadiums were always part of the problem and never the solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, scotchy1 said:

If it makes you feel better. Ive no axe to grind with London but the ground is no better than a few none-league football grounds Ive been to. 

Good Ground, Good bar, good toilets is what I would expect of a nice community facility, not a elite level sports facility. Its massively inferior to the John Charles Centre and that is by no measure good enough for SL. 

I couldn't care less if you have an axe to grind.  Some non league soccer clubs probably turnover the same amount of money as lower SL teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Do you think London will break even this year? because if they don't its failing even your very very basic measure of a great facility. 

No im almost certain they'll be losing money.  Not sure what your point is. They'd be losing more at a bigger more expensive stadium.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

What's a "top level stadium"? it's just meaningless drivel.  the capacity is 4k.  The club were averaging 800 last year. 

I''ve been a season ticket holder when they played at Brentford, it was expensive, the seats were ridiculously close together, only 1 or 2 stands were open for games max.  It was terrible.  But hey it fits your definition as it looks like a pro soccer stadium.

I was a season ticket holder at the Stoop, 12k capacity and crowds of 2-4k.  The atmosphere was terrible, the bar staff were painfully rude, it was in bl**dy Twickenham. 

I just don't get the obsession with having a pro soccer style stadium so we can all point and criticise when it's 3/4 empty and the club are going bust again due to the cost.

Ealing is a really good fit for where the club are and allows them to continue their excellent junior development and survive as a club with room to grow.

 

It's better than it was the 1st time I went , queuing for the loo's with the players and officials pre match was ' strange ' , as were the portable family stands made out of box section steel and decking at the top end 

Is it really even Championship standard ? , Just I suppose , not SL , but it is adequate , can they grow there ? , Doubtful 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Do you think London will break even this year? because if they don't its failing even your very very basic measure of a great facility. 

Are Huddersfield breaking even ? , Salford ? , Wigan ? 

Do Manchester City break even if you follow the fair play rules ?

Irrelivant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, scotchy1 said:

If London are losing money at trailfinders then trailfinders isn't affordable. That's a pretty simple point even you can understand. 

As I said , Huddersfield,Salford , even Wigan , and Man City ? , Take away their benefactors and they will all be losing money 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Leeds, Saints, Wire, Cas, Hull, Les Catalans have all turned a profit in recent years. Wakefield are roughly breaking even. WIgan have shown they can make a profit,

What does ‘roughly breaking even’ mean? Either they are or they’re not.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

What's a "top level stadium"? it's just meaningless drivel.  the capacity is 4k.  The club were averaging 800 last year. 

I''ve been a season ticket holder when they played at Brentford, it was expensive, the seats were ridiculously close together, only 1 or 2 stands were open for games max.  It was terrible.  But hey it fits your definition as it looks like a pro soccer stadium.

I was a season ticket holder at the Stoop, 12k capacity and crowds of 2-4k.  The atmosphere was terrible, the bar staff were painfully rude, it was in bl**dy Twickenham. 

I just don't get the obsession with having a pro soccer style stadium so we can all point and criticise when it's 3/4 empty and the club are going bust again due to the cost.

Ealing is a really good fit for where the club are and allows them to continue their excellent junior development and survive as a club with room to grow.

 

Amen... Brentford was an awful atmosphere and The Stoop was a nightmare to get to for most people 

I have loved our time at Vallis Way. It fits exactly what we need after 5 championship years. If we stay in SL and start pushing 4000 then I think we look at expanding it or move on then

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

Is anyone suggesting that London should rent the DW or Etihad?

Nice little 90 degree turn there Scotchy , which way are we now going ? , Left or right ? 

You've never been to Trailfinders , have you ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's fun to watch Scotchy try and wear someone down in an argument when it isn't happening to you!

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

It really really doesn't. Your profit or Loss say pretty much whatever your accountant want them to say. 

Roughly breaking even means they don't require outside funding to operate at the level they are. 

Unlike Huddersfield,Salford,Wigan and Man City , so at least they are in good company 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, scotchy1 said:

You been drinking again?

Orrr , what's up chuck , lost for answers so resorting to childish insults , again ? 

You really are a baby at times , why not just let the grown ups discuss things ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Listen if you told me we could cheat the salary cap and win a title anytime soon I'd take it in a second! 

They wouldn't let you get away with it , Wigan to avoid relegation perhaps ??

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

People seem to want to argue that trailfinders is ok as a base to start from and better than moving around but also it's not really a place they can build at. 

It is the worst of both worlds a ground we rent that isnt good enough and will never be an asset to the game. 

Got any ideas? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

As I said before, the game, as a whole, should build one as a London RL hub. Where the Broncos play, the lower league finals day, semi-finals, les high profile internationals, schools, amateur finals, masters finals, London 9s etc could all be played.

It doesnt have to be massive 15-20k, it doesnt have to be all singing all dancing all seated, a bigger lamport with better hospitality but keep the beer garden, have bbqs and food trucks and all that jazz.

Brentford new stadium is a similar size but all singing and dancing all seater and that coat £70m, a similar sized stadium with terracing would be cheaper and have less.of a footprint. 

Hmmm... Great idea but not sure the have the dough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...