2 hours ago, TheReaper said:

That's your second post in this thread without replying to mine. Would love to address both of them but you haven't done the same.

Wouldn't be avoiding debate,  would you? 

Lecture yes.

Debate no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheReaper said:

That's your second post in this thread without replying to mine. Would love to address both of them but you haven't done the same.

Wouldn't be avoiding debate,  would you? 

Now he has a third reply from you. Do not engage. 

• Like 2

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

How can there not be smiles with Canadian fans  "WE ARE  SUPER LEAGUE"

For those confused - this is a play on the raptors (NBA) slogan of "we the north"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 05/10/2019 at 22:11, Eddie said:

Like what? And nobody is saying they’ll be saviours anyway, SL doesn’t need saving it’s a quality competition. 

Totally agree on the saviours comment. It is probably a few over zealous Wolfpack fans that people get the hump about, but end of the day its a new sprt to them and they have taken to it remarkably. They have also done very well regardless of money spent on squad with all the impracticalities they face. Their fans deserve to have the right to be chuffed and they are new fans welcomed in my eyes.

Next part about super league needs saving I can't agree with. Yes it has been very good this past year but look compared ot 15 years ago, we had some ofthe biggest names over here, and not for descrepencies at home, the league was exciting and vibrant and a lot better supported. The decline the sport has seen in participation levels and definitely supporter levels in SL is alarming.

Other sports with the right forward thinking people in the right places have gone from strength to strength while we have gone backwards. Look at and i feel sick saying it Union, Darts and even Netball has gone forward. I thinkt he game needs something to get it back where it should be!

But the big question is what

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 16:00, RP London said:

If my team was winning week in week out I wouldn't be as bothered about going as I would be if it was going to be a close encounter, a good game, and I wasnt sure which way it was going to go... so IMO getting crowds when you are running away with the league can be difficult maybe not as difficult as if you are rock bottom but still difficult, so to get what they are getting is pretty good going. As long as they dont end up rooted to the bottom and being whooped every game i cant see an issue.

So a winning team can have a detrimental effect on attendances? Man united should seriously start considering increasing the capacity of Old Trafford now they're ######, the anti-glory hunters must be itching to savour those losses and the uncertainty of outcome!

I thought I'd heard Toronto teams only kept fans under a winning team? My mistake! Let's hope they don't struggle in SL, or they'll need the Rogers Centre!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Omott91 said:

I would bet my house on that the majority of RL fans do not agree with you.

When are you moving out? First two fans polls are in it’s a ratio of 5-2 against TWP………..Read on…

15 hours ago, Bob8 said:

It is best to put him on Ignore.  

Show me  a single player or TV dollar they have produced Bob. They don't play the game in Canada beyond a bit of recreational stuff and McDermott admits he can't get any TV deals. They need to build the game there.

13 hours ago, TheReaper said:

That's your second post in this thread without replying to mine. Wouldn't be avoiding debate,  would you? 

Nope, you tried to dismiss the firm on record commitment from TWP to benefit the game here as not relevant. You said getting a paying TV contract is just “Something to work towards” and developing players is Not TWP’s Core purpose”. McManus on behalf of SL berated them for no players,  McDermott has tried to excuse the club from no paying TV contract.

We now see polls on TWP, one in which Humberside fans were 2-1 against TWP and Love Rugby League fans polled 3-1 unhappy with McDermott’s excuses. You and Bob can't put thousands of fans and Superleague bosses all on ignore can you?

Mate, I’ve nothing personal at all against your club in general or you lads who come on here apart from the odd couple who get nasty and think debate should be shut down and posters banned. TWP just need to understand they should put in, not take out which is why they got no SKY money. Long ago I said TWP should stay in the Championship and try to build something. That’s why SL bosses are angry with you guys. Why not stop playing games and have an honest chat about the difficulties Mr. Reaper????

EDIT: OK seen this below, forget it.............

Edited by The Parksider
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, The Parksider said:

You lose. First two fans polls are in it’s a ratio of 5-2 against TWP………..Read on…

Show me  a single player or TV dollar they have produced Mr. Free speech. They don't play the game in Canada beyond a bit of recreational stuff and McDermott admits he can't get any TV deals. Add to that the hostility from SL bosses and that's the end of the dream, let alone what fans are saying.

Nope, you tried to dismiss the firm on record commitment from TWP to benefit the game here as not relevant. You said getting a paying TV contract is just “Something to work towards” and developing players is Not TWP’s Core purpose”.

McManus on behalf of SL berated them for no players,  McDermott has tried to excuse the club from no paying TV contract.

We now see polls on TWP, one in which Humberside fans were 2-1 against TWP and Love Rugby League fans polled 3-1 unhappy with McDermott’s excuses

I’ve nothing personal at all against your club in general or you lads who come on here apart from the odd one or two who gets nasty and think debate should be shut down with the ignore button, or poster banned for having a different view - even one that't true.

I’d love you wonderful people and your club and others to stay in the Championship (I’ve always said this) as long as it takes to build and deliver something worthwhile to Superleague. You need to put in not take out. That’s why you didn’t get any SKY money. That’s why SL bosses are angry with you guys.

Yiur an OK guy, why not have a proper conversation with me?

Because you half-assed addressed/dismissed a different point of view one one aspect with more regurgitation of old quotes, and completely ignored anything you don't have a good response for. Then once again tried to accuse someone of not engaging again. 

Come on now, you're not shy of writing long posts. There are some direct questions for you in there. I called on you to back of a statement. Lets have this debate or proper discussion you demand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Time to end your rants  Parksider which have been a complete waste of time.Apart fro m a couple  who don't want change of any type, you have not convinced anyone with your predictions.The future  for League looks brighter now with the advent of the Wolfpack and a further 10 thousand watching the game. This  will increase next season with all SL clubs benefiting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To  be fair at least Parky is on the right thread now which is far better than when people want to talk about Oldham v Newcastle and he blames TWP.

As for Humberside one team worried about not winning trophies if TWP have a better squad and another worried about relegation will make you lean that way it's very natural.

And on Love Rugby League I think they were not happy with McDermot's idea of Big City clubs leaving everyone else behind and not much else.

• Like 2

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

3 hours ago, The Parksider said:

When are you moving out? First two fans polls are in it’s a ratio of 5-2 against TWP………..Read on…

Show me  a single player or TV dollar they have produced Bob. They don't play the game in Canada beyond a bit of recreational stuff and McDermott admits he can't get any TV deals. They need to build the game there.

Nope, you tried to dismiss the firm on record commitment from TWP to benefit the game here as not relevant. You said getting a paying TV contract is just “Something to work towards” and developing players is Not TWP’s Core purpose”. McManus on behalf of SL berated them for no players,  McDermott has tried to excuse the club from no paying TV contract.

We now see polls on TWP, one in which Humberside fans were 2-1 against TWP and Love Rugby League fans polled 3-1 unhappy with McDermott’s excuses. You and Bob can't put thousands of fans and Superleague bosses all on ignore can you?

Mate, I’ve nothing personal at all against your club in general or you lads who come on here apart from the odd couple who get nasty and think debate should be shut down and posters banned. TWP just need to understand they should put in, not take out which is why they got no SKY money. Long ago I said TWP should stay in the Championship and try to build something. That’s why SL bosses are angry with you guys. Why not stop playing games and have an honest chat about the difficulties Mr. Reaper????

EDIT: OK seen this below, forget it.............

Your poll that you have suggested was on a completely different article. ''Super League needs big city teams in finals, not small towns from northern England, says Brian McDermott.'' so thanks for your interest but I'm not moving anywhere.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/we-should-be-celebrating-toronto-wolfpack-says-kevin-brown/

“We should all get really excited at how far they’ve come from nothing three years ago to having a fanbase of around 10,000.“The growth of the sport with the Wolfpack is something which should be celebrated.''

''It is a great day for Toronto and a great day for rugby league'' Brian Carney 05.10.2019.

Here are a couple of recent quotes for you to debate or do you want to add those two men to the 30 odd ''dreamers'' on this forum?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Because you half-assed addressed/dismissed a different point of view one one aspect with more regurgitation of old quotes, and completely ignored anything you don't have a good response for. Then once again tried to accuse someone of not engaging again. 

Come on now, you're not shy of writing long posts. There are some direct questions for you in there. I called on you to back of a statement. Lets have this debate or proper discussion you demand.

?????

9 hours ago, frank said:

Time to end your rants  Parksider which have been a complete waste of time.Apart fro m a couple  who don't want change of any type, you have not convinced anyone with your predictions.The future  for League looks brighter now with the advent of the Wolfpack and a further 10 thousand watching the game. This  will increase next season with all SL clubs benefiting.

You forgot to mention the ''over a billion eyeballs'' that have seen RL since they started filming their games.

12 hours ago, MustardBoy said:

So a winning team can have a detrimental effect on attendances? Man united should seriously start considering increasing the capacity of Old Trafford now they're ######, the anti-glory hunters must be itching to savour those losses and the uncertainty of outcome!

I thought I'd heard Toronto teams only kept fans under a winning team? My mistake! Let's hope they don't struggle in SL, or they'll need the Rogers Centre!

I assume that was tongue in cheek as my post did explain about it being close games and excitement and that it is still harder when you are getting whooped week in week out.

9 hours ago, TheReaper said:

You are not going to get debate. Do not engage. 

• Like 2

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

58 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

You need to think of it, like you're traveling through space happy as Larry, when .........

image.png.f105aec12e4513b33ab08c49621f0f85.png

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Never a truer post wrote on this forum. The mods should make it a sticky.

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

I"m having fun for now ? I'll eventually get bored but he makes it so easy.