clifford

New shirt for 2020

Do you think the new kit will be released before Christmas like other clubs, even league one clubs have this organised 

I asked Santa for a Magic Unicorn, "Impossible" he said "Be realistic!", so I asked for an Oldham RLFC shirt to be available before Christmas. 

He said "What colour Unicorn do you want?" 😂😂

Edited by roughyed34
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Paello said:

That is the first thing that Marketing Queen should have changed and not the unnecessary vile hideous shield

Just thought I'd point out, @Paello isn't my fake account to blow off steam, 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The crest on the shirt is a hybrid of the Trumpton Shield and the Town Crest.  We've got different shades of red going on that doesn't work to my eyes.

Anyway, the Trumpton Shield falls at the first hurdle.   Supposed to be a new branding for the club but found wanting on social media and now doesn't appear on the 2020 shirt.  

A failed exercise.  Get it binned.

Having said that, the shirt's great, just the ticket.  I'd have had more donkeys on though.

Edited by Dave Naylor
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Whenever it comes out I just hope it is red and white hoops with blue shorts - and that we also play in that for away matches whenever there is no need to change shirts to avoid a colour clash.

Go on, tell me ... who at the club read my above post ?

Excellent shirt ... however it does say "Home jersey". I do hope that we will always play in that strip, even when away unless their is the need to change for a colour clash.

Can anybody explain why we have had to play in an alternative away strip even when our opponents have themselves not been in red and white ?

To answer my own question I will take a guess .... to try and make people buy another shirt.

I don't know, there's a bulletin that comes out from the RFL in the week leading up to games and it stipulates there which strip we'll be playing in.  I don't know whether that's an instruction or it's Oldham's decision.

I also suspect that since we have to have two strips, since they take a battering, we may as well get best use out of both sets.

I'd prefer red/white hoops at home, blue/white hopes when away if there was a clash.  

The main reason for a different away shirt is commercial. As well as selling 2 shirts. Some clubs have different sponsors for home and away, so it helps to differentiate the sponsors in the minds of the public. We've had different shirts for years. Remember the red home and blue away boddingtons? 

• Like 1

On the whole the shirt is good, but I would like the blue sponsors name in the red hoop and the r wholly in the red hoop but I think that they were trying to marry up with the crest

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

I don't know, there's a bulletin that comes out from the RFL in the week leading up to games and it stipulates there which strip we'll be playing in.  I don't know whether that's an instruction or it's Oldham's decision.

I also suspect that since we have to have two strips, since they take a battering, we may as well get best use out of both sets.

I'd prefer red/white hoops at home, blue/white hopes when away if there was a clash.  

Although I can understand the RFL not wanting to have a clash and therefore issuing their bulletin regarding colours, I would have thought that the clubs tell the RFL at the start of the season which colours they would generally prefer.

If Oldham say they would always prefer to play in red and white hoops except if they are away and their opponents also play in the same strip then why would the RFL force them to do otherwise ?

The key phrase in the above quote is " ... if there was a clash."

If not then stick to red and white hoops.

Edited by RL does what Sky says