51 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

He doesn't sound like a.wolfpack fan

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Does he have to be?

This is the guy you are looking for AJ.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

He will.come around lol 

What do you think a signing of someone....ohhh.... say, Jackson Hastings for example, would do for the Pack?

Just now, Kayakman said:

What do you think a signing of someone....ohhh.... say, Jackson Hastings for example, would do for the Pack?

Well you are short of halves..

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I don't like mcrone so he would've been way better 

Shouldve got latrell 

That guy you got from Cronulla on 500k leutli something he's a waste too you can get way better 

I'm Sure if results are bad they will.sign some more.  

I would've thought mid table myself but all the people saying relegation has got me second guessing lol 

I can see wolfpack winning super league eventually 

You have one of the best coaches in super league 

Noble is good too

Edited by aj1908

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Well you are short of halves..

Ohhh.....I think it would have a much bigger impact than that.  I can hear it now: "Hastings out to Sonny Bill...he breaks a tackle...THERE HE GOES FOLKS....THEY ARE FINALLY ONTO HIM...oh my...what an offload to Hastings!.....He is Through!!!!!...Hasting in for his third try of the day from Sonny Bill.....the entire St Helens team looks dejected...."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

I don't like mcrone so he would've been way better 

Shouldve got latrell 

That guy you got from Cronulla on 500k leutli something he's a waste too you can get way better 

I'm Sure if results are bad they will.sign some more.  

I would've thought mid table myself but all the people saying relegation has got me second guessing lol 

I can see wolfpack winning super league eventually 

You have one of the best coaches in super league 

Noble is good too

Plus we have the best and most knowledgeable fans in all of Super league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kayakman said:

Plus we have the best and most knowledgeable fans in all of Super league.

How about the youngest and most diverse.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aj1908 said:

My post was sarcastic lol 

Yet again frisky you missed the mark by a long long way

Why do you have to create sarcasm? There will be plenty time for that.

Stop showing your alto ego so early. @Kayakman did that and still has egg on his face.

Patience young pad a wan. You have a season to finish.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Stop showing your alto ego so early. @Kayakman did that and still has egg on his face.

You do remind me of yoda

😀

The season - finish it you will

The super league - win it you will 

Edited by aj1908

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ohhh.....I think it would have a much bigger impact than that.  I can hear it now: "Hastings out to Sonny Bill...he breaks a tackle...THERE HE GOES FOLKS....THEY ARE FINALLY ONTO HIM...oh my...what an offload to Hastings!.....He is Through!!!!!...Hasting in for his third try of the day from Sonny Bill.....the entire St Helens team looks dejected...."

Then you should have bought him when you had the chance. Then again you could have bought a decent half the first time around. Lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

You do remind me of yoda

😀

The season - finish it you will

The super league - win it you will 

Hope the force is with you Luke..

8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yet you go anywhere in the world outside the isolated bubble that is North America and ask anyone which of those 3 cities is the most famous and influential then you can guarantee they will say Liverpool or Manchester - granted it's mainly because of Music, football and famous people from those 2 cities but no one ever talks about Toronto in 90% of the world.

As I said New York is the key to major publicity. Toronto just need to stay away from relegation this season as their squad is paper thin.

My experience is that you are wrong there.  People talk about Toronto a lot

Even in the UK. And especially in europe

Even in Manchester. 

I don't know what this 90% is but I showed you facts determining it was a highly sought after tourist location.  It is ok to be wrong friskey. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

My experience is that you are wrong there.  People talk about Toronto a lot

Even in the UK. And especially in europe

Even in Manchester. 

I don't know what this 90% is but I showed you facts determining it was a highly sought after tourist location.  It is ok to be wrong friskey. 

Your still looking at this from an isolated North American point of view - well done using Wikipedia by the way, great source of facts - I prefer to use my own experience to form my opinion.

I've travelled all over Asia, Australia and quite a bit in South America and I've seen many a Man U or Liverpool top being worn by say a local in a road side cafe on a dirt road to nowhere - never seen a maple leaf top ( even when I was travelling through Canada ironically) I've sat in a pub in an isolated village in Cambodia and Oasis played on the PA system and the owner asked me if I had been to Liverpool home of the Beatles - who he liked better than Oasis.

Go to Thailand- Prem Soccer shirts everywhere and Prem football on in every bar - these people know about Manchester and Liverpool - even in a backwater like Australia! - you mention Toronto and they would just look at you.

Obviously the common language in South America was Football and I gave my England soccer hat to a B& B owner who's ambition it was to visit Manchester and Old Trafford... I did make a joke about him being a Cricket fan but only I laughed.... Again a common bond was music and soccer and you could go to Russia, Africa etc and it would be the same - ok so next to no one outside Australia new Elery Hanley but RL isnt a world sport.

So on a world stage Manchester and Liverpool are quite a bit above Toronto in peoples minds and what they are interested in and by - the only rival to this would be New York ( As I said a World City like London) - or if Workington Town get their SL place back of course 😉.

Edited by Mr Frisky

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Your still looking at this from an isolated North American point of view - well done using Wikipediaby the way, great source of facts - I prefer to use my own experience to form my opinion.

I've travelled all over Asia, Australia and quite a bit in South America and I've seen many a Man U or Liverpool being worn by say a local in a road side cafe on a dirt road to nowhere - never seen a maple leaf top ( even when I was travelling through Canada ironically) I've sat in a pub in an isolated village in Cambodia and Oasis played on the PA system and the owner asked me if I had been to Liverpool home of the Beatles - who he liked better than Oasis.

Go to Thailand- Prem Soccer shirts everywhere and Prem football on in every bar - these people know about Manchester and Liverpool - even in a backwater like Australia! - you mention Toronto and they would just look at you.

Obviously the common language in South America was Football and I gave my England soccer hat to a B& B owner who's ambition it was to visit Manchester and Old Trafford... I did make a joke about him being a Cricket fan but only I laughed.... Again a common bond was music and soccer and you could go to Russia, Africa etc and it would be the same - ok so next to no one outside Australia new Elery Hanley but RL isnt a world sport.

So on a world stage Manchester and Liverpool are quite a bit above Toronto in peoples minds and what they are interested in and by - the only rival to this would be New York ( As I said a World City like London) - or if Workington Town get their SL place back of course 😉.

right dont let facts get in the way of your personal experiences.  I live in England, I've visited Europe and Africa and people talk about Toronto quite a bit.  

Maybe your England centric world view is clouding your judgment from facts.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, TboneFromTO said:

right dont let facts get in the way of your personal experiences.  I live in England, I've visited Europe and Africa and people talk about Toronto quite a bit.  

Maybe your England centric world view is clouding your judgment from facts.

Well out of the past 30 years I've spent around 18 of them travelling round the world says different marra - dont let my vists and Experiences to 4 continents over those years get in the way of your Wilikpedia copy and paste.

Once I was on the Russian / China border in a bit of a sticky situation with the border patrol and pretending to be a Liverpool fan ( Yes I had to say The words Dalglish, Rush and Gerrard to calm the situation down to one of them who had a LFC wrist band on) eased a potentually bad situation - if I had been a Maple leaf fan from Canada God knows what would have happened.....

Belive me no one talks about Toronto outside Canada - I'm sure your extensive life experiences tell you different kid.

16 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well out of the past 30 years I've spent around 18 of them travelling round the world says different marra - dont let my vists and Experiences to 4 continents over those years get in the way of your Wilikpedia copy and paste.

Once I was on the Russian / China border in a bit of a sticky situation with the border patrol and pretending to be a Liverpool fan ( Yes I had to say The words Dalglish, Rush and Gerrard to calm the situation down to one of them who had a LFC wrist band on) eased a potentually bad situation - if I had been a Maple leaf fan from Canada God knows what would have happened.....

Belive me no one talks about Toronto outside Canada - I'm sure your extensive life experiences tell you different kid.

Cute.  I was in a remote Moroccan town in the hills, a kid had an old dusty bluejays hat on, I was wearing my bluejays shirt, he pointed at it and said Toronto excitedly. And ran up to me.  Life experiences don't trump the facts, and if you look up the sources from the Wikipedia article you'll find the data is sound.   

And ignore the other links defining it as a world city.

Our personal experiences shape our world view.  If data can't shape your opinion all I'll say is "ok boomer"

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

I have literally  no idea what you are referring too...please extrapolate.

8 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Cute.  I was in a remote Moroccan town in the hills, a kid had an old dusty bluejays hat on, I was wearing my bluejays shirt, he pointed at it and said Toronto excitedly. And ran up to me.  Life experiences don't trump the facts, and if you look up the sources from the Wikipedia article you'll find the data is sound.   

And ignore the other links defining it as a world city.

Our personal experiences shape our world view.  If data can't shape your opinion all I'll say is "ok boomer"

Great stuff, I worked in Morocco for 6 months - what was the village called? We used to hire a 4x4 when we had time off to travel round, so i may know it? Great place isnt it - bit dodgy these days but I would go back tomorrow - lot if Chelsea fans for some reason....

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Great stuff, I worked in Morocco for 6 months - what was the village called? We used to hire a 4x4 when we had time off to travel round, so i may know it? Great place isnt it - bit dodgy these days but I would go back tomorrow - lot if Chelsea fans for some reason....

I've done a bit of paddlin around our beautiful marble myself...the thing that gets me is there is always the odd person wearing a Terry Fox T Shirt...makes me proud to be a Canadian!  

Just now, Kayakman said:

I've done a bit of paddlin around our beautiful marble myself...the thing that gets me is there is always the odd person wearing a Terry Fox T Shirt...makes me proud to be a Canadian!  

Great place, would be nice if he let's me know the village name so I can see if I've also been there.

Not seen anything like a Terry Fox T-shirt but I did once see someone wearing a Dr Fox T-shirt in Vegas....randomly. Think the bloke won it on the Radio before the good Dr had to keep a low profile.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Great place, would be nice if he let's me know the village name so I can see if I've also been there.

Not seen anything like a Terry Fox T-shirt but I did once see someone wearing a Dr Fox T-shirt in Vegas....randomly. Think the bloke won it on the Radio before the good Dr had to keep a low profile.

I have a 'Frank The Tank' T-shirt that gets more reaction than any other!

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I have a 'Frank The Tank' T-shirt that gets more reaction than any other!

Who is Terry Fox ?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Who is Terry Fox ?

That is a sad statement....look it up...then, being of sound mind and body, I will allow you to take it back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1