The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, my missus said:

and isn't that why wigan had points deducted because "it wasn't in the spirit of the cap"

Yes I think youre right. 

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

The last time I read the salary cap rules - sometime last year - it basically stopped you backloading a contract. Yes you can have normal year on year increases but not say a 20%/80% split

Ooh, they've thought of everything the sods... 

So basically ignore what I said. 

• Haha 2

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am devastated by todays decision.Obviously I think its wrong but I think it shows the narrow minded thinking of most super league clubs.I very much doubt the Wolfpack will ever be back as I don't se

Rugby League as a sport - fans, owners, administrators, the lot - gets what it deserves. There was an opportunity here, an owner who's spent £10m, a growing fanbase and a very attractive market,

To avoid the forum being swamped with dozens of individual threads about Toronto which generally all end up heading down the same rabbit hole eventually anyway, we're opening this general discussion t

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, longboard said:

Gigot could give the Wolfpack a leg up.

A lamb in wolf's clothing

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If Gigot joins Toronto, then the club will have more French players than any Super League club other than Catalans. Toronto already has Gadwin  Springer and Hakim Miloudi.

Gigot will be a useful addition to the team because he is a better full back than the current Toronto incumbent, and a better centre than Chase Stanley, and a better stand off than either of the Toronto incumbents.

44 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Could he sign for Rochdale and go one DR/loan?

If TWP pays the salary, directly or not, it would not be in the spirit of the cap.

Whats the rule with long term injury leave? as we have Cunningham out for 6 months. Does his salary still count in the cap? Can he be replaced by a player being paid equal or less than him? 

Gigot seems to like part time contract, he could sign for 6 months, just saying.

36 minutes ago, manu266 said:

If TWP pays the salary, directly or not, it would not be in the spirit of the cap.

Whats the rule with long term injury leave? as we have Cunningham out for 6 months. Does his salary still count in the cap? Can he be replaced by a player being paid equal or less than him? 

Gigot seems to like part time contract, he could sign for 6 months, just saying.

This is the best article I could find with a quick google.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/luke-gale-injury-castleford-tigers-2419012.amp

“Clubs have been able to seek dispensation for full season injuries occurred in pre-season since the beginning of the 2016 campaign.“

Edited by fevtom
10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Does a trial count on the cap?

I believe he can play for one month or four games on trial. After that he would count on the cap. I am no expert so I am only repeating what I have been told.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Gigot would be a good signing for Toronto Wolfpack.

I guess they might release Cunningham, who is out injured for 6 months to free up cap space.

Alternatively it could be Chase Stanley, who suspiciously is still waiting for his visa, despite having a visa to play last season.

He switched the type of visa he was applying for - ancestry visa. And now he's applying for a Samoan (I think) passport to get off the overseas quota (but still on the non fed trained quota) as they are full on that one. I'd say it was more shambles than suspicious.

4 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/18245647.toronto-wolfpack-sign-tony-gigot-trial/

Says he's signed for a trial.

No news from the twp although the article quotes Martin Vickers (UK business manager)

Who would have guessed it?

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Who would have guessed it?

Not me!  I was sure there was no cap space left.  If they have space for him they're either getting a hell of a deal or were slightly misleading with the cap claims