Sign in to follow this  
Irish Saint

Thought Provoking League Express

I would like to thank League Express, (speedy arrival on Tuesday as always) for the thought provoking article by Steve Brady on the signing of Israel Folau.

There was also an excellent letters page this week.

Has my opinion now changed? Yes

• Like 1

Don't think I would be allowed to quote from the article

Now, although I completely disagree with Folau comments, he should be allowed  to play and who knows perhaps his beliefs might change.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Don't think I would be allowed to quote from the article

Now, although I completely disagree with Folau comments, he should be allowed  to play and who knows perhaps his beliefs might change.

It is good when an articles, posts or comments get you to think about what you believe. I think you're right about Folau because it's no good saying you're inclusive when you make a point of excluding. And time in SL, where I hope people feel differently and will engage him in experiences that change his mind.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 3

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

It is good when an articles, posts or comments get you to think about what you believe. I think you're right about Folau because it's no good saying you're inclusive when you make a point of excluding. And time in SL, where I hope people feel differently and will engage him in experiences that change his mind.

I haven't read the article yet, I'll try to get hold of it. Did you see my thoughts in the IF thread?

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

I haven't read the article yet, I'll try to get hold of it. Did you see my thoughts in the IF thread?

Yes your posts along with some other one of who disappointed immediately after were the posts I was refering to withou naming names.

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

16 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Online version son?

Ok you’ve got me boss, when someone makes a vague statement referring to an article I should go and buy it instead of asking what they mean. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Ok you’ve got me boss, when someone makes a vague statement referring to an article I should go and buy it instead of asking what they mean. 

Well done kidda, you got it - for sake of £1.50...