Woolford slams “irresponsible” Hetherington

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Very realistic. Do I detect a slight dig at SL there?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Not wanting to get into a conflict here GH is 100% rugby league through and though and maybe he just didn't put this across in the way he meant.

Leeds have come on leaps and bounds over the last 20 years and have a wonderful set up it was a masterstroke getting Paul Caddick on board (A proper old fashioned hard headed Yorkshire businessman they needed it at the time)

And despite all this being true what he's done at Leeds isn't even really Hetherington's greatest Rugby League achievement.

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

It worries me how many owners seem to be relying on the promise of Ralph Rimmer creating some wonderful request to the government for help

Which owners are 'relying on the promise of Ralph Rimmer'? And relying on it for what? Mitigating losses? Survival? Supporting jobs?

They'd be pretty stupid businessmen/women not to be approaching the government to identify what support may be available to them. That's considerably different to 'relying' on it though.

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

All of them have mentioned it. Which is fine but it should be looked at as a bonus if it happens because they likelihood is there isnt going to be millions of pounds given to us by the government. 

and in the unlikely event that it is, what's the point in pouring it in to a black hole of clubs who are going to go bust anyway?

Or a black hole of Clubs who will spend it on a load of over the hill players from the other side of the world as they usually do.

19 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd say 90% Johnny at worst 

And you are offering 99-1 against on this. You might have some takers.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 10/04/2020 at 12:12, Blind side johnny said:

, but I'll bet you a penny to a pound of , in 2021 virtually all our current clubs will be playing essentially where they are / where a couple of weeks ago 

I thought that this was gambling.

Yes, I'm bored too.

Archived