Controversial change

Back to the OP, does "former business consultant.." ring any alarm bells with anyone?

Maybe he is currently short of work.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Relegating sides and taking away their funding, which is limited to sides in the “pro” leagues, will do that. 

It’s not relegating anyone, L1 would disappear and funding would be distributed differently. But let’s face it this is all pie in the sky anyway. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It’s not relegating anyone, L1 would disappear and funding would be distributed differently. But let’s face it this is all pie in the sky anyway. 

It’s effectively relegation though. You can dress it up how you want but that’s what it is. 

15 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

True it is a fair old trek from North to South Wales.

I think that Glamorgan Cricket Club have played games in North Wales during the cricket season all the same,hence the suggestion.

Glamorgan always play their home fixture v Lancashire at colwyn bay

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Back to the OP, does "former business consultant.." ring any alarm bells with anyone?

Maybe he is currently short of work.

I haven't read it but I'm guessing it is the Ken Jones who was at Featherstone and Sheffield Eagles.

He is probably doing now what he was doing prior to his involvement with rugby league.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

5 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Surely Hull taking Welsh players into their academy shows the system is working? 

We don't want teams to run academies just for the sake of it, or to benefit just one club - it's to be part of the whole game pathway. If Welsh players head north at 17/18 into top-level coaching environments that's a good thing.

What would forcing them to stay in Wales achieve? Who would coach them, who would they play? Good players would be more likely to be lost to the game at the moment. 

It is for the whole game pathway that I am thinking about.

Local players should go to the local academy.

What is in place to prevent one club from hoovering up all the best young talent?

What if St Helens recruited players for their academy from Hull?

I think it totally defeats the objectives of a long term conveyor belt of talent for a club willing to invest,in coat,staff and time to develop young players.

The original plan was to aid the club,by saving on large transfer fees later on,and to improve the international game.

https://www.rugby-league.com/leagues__competitions/super_league_academy

How would the followers of the international game feel if the local clubs signed some young French,Italian,Canadian youngsters to their academy at the expense of their own young players?

Once it starts it may go the same way as soccer clubs have gone...and it seems it has started.

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I haven't read it but I'm guessing it is the Ken Jones who was at Featherstone and Sheffield Eagles.

He is probably doing now what he was doing prior to his involvement with rugby league.

Wan't going to say it . but a Bradford Bulls involvement as well ?

13 hours ago, del capo said:

Wan't going to say it . but a Bradford Bulls involvement as well ?

Yes.You are correct.I had forgotten/not known about that.

If it is the same fella,and it almost certainly is

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/338521-rfl-consultant-slams-opportunity-missed-in-manchester-decision/

Archived