Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If there are no games this year, why not re-commence where we left off this season and begin on 20th March 2021. A couple of clubs have made long distances it would be unfair to ask them to pay again for coach hire. Where games were called off due to the weather, they too could be played on the corresponding day in 2021

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr Smeaton said:

If there are no games this year, why not re-commence where we left off this season and begin on 20th March 2021. A couple of clubs have made long distances it would be unfair to ask them to pay again for coach hire. Where games were called off due to the weather, they too could be played on the corresponding day in 2021

 Because it’s 12 months apart,players,coaches move on and teams can look very different.

Scrap the season and start again next year,one coach trip isn’t a deal breaker now is it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree players and coaches move on. Egremont have made two trips to Castleford and Rochdale. Another club has made two trips to Cumbria at a cost of £900 and you say start again. The fixtures are already sorted and if they did start in late March there’s a good chance they won’t be postponed 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The season was 2 games in when the shutdown occurred it makes absolutely no sense to  wait 12 months. and count those games towards next season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So next season will become a short season if you carry on with the fixtures from this season, why disrupt two seasons, you may as well call this season over for now and work to a format that will produce a champion in each division from the weeks you'll have left and start next season afresh.

 

  • Like 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How will the disciplinary work out? If players have served their suspension will they have to serve it again if the season gets scrapped? I know a few have been sent off this year and in a case for Homophobic language. This is totally unacceptable 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What could work in Division Two 

Eastern Pennines

Beverley

Bradford DH

Dewsbury Celtic

Dewsbury Moor

Hunslet Warriors

Normanton

Western Pennines

Barrow Island

Clock Face Miners

Crofields

Saddleworth

Wigan St Judes

Woolston

Top two play home and away to decide who are champions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy the bison said:

What could work in Division Two 

Eastern Pennines

Beverley

Bradford DH

Dewsbury Celtic

Dewsbury Moor

Hunslet Warriors

Normanton

Western Pennines

Barrow Island

Clock Face Miners

Crofields

Saddleworth

Wigan St Judes

Woolston

Top two play home and away to decide who are champions.

 

 

The format for the season will surely be decided by the number of weeks remaining after the lock-down is lifted, I know the South Yorkshire YML teams are getting their heads together and have already got a formats for a 8 team competition catering for a season that may last between 3 games and 7 games depending on the date we're given to start.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My plan Marauder is based on one of the NCL preferred start dates  late July early August and could run into late October early November.Also with the exception of Barrow Island and Beverley the other ten clubs would possibly only have to hire one coach.Our club budgeted to hire seven coaches at a cost of over £3000 and the money saved will be of great help towards other costs of the day to day running of an NCL club.One final point none of our players are loaned from winter teams or RU clubs which is the case with most NCL clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr Smeaton said:

How will the disciplinary work out? If players have served their suspension will they have to serve it again if the season gets scrapped? I know a few have been sent off this year and in a case for Homophobic language. This is totally unacceptable 

 Now your just being silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any further update with what is happening? Last I heard was playing local leagues but with the announcement that Championship and League 1 won't return, are these now under threat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...