This season

Dog forever

Does anyone think this seasons rugby will start again,  or has it been said that this season is over with. I cant remember seeing anything on the news or in the press about it. If the powers that be want to restart the season in the coming weeks, would it be behind closed doors. That wouldn't be financially viable for any club. 

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Does anyone think this seasons rugby will start again,  or has it been said that this season is over with. I cant remember seeing anything on the news or in the press about it. If the powers that be want to restart the season in the coming weeks, would it be behind closed doors. That wouldn't be financially viable for any club. 

To be honest I don't think we'll see any more rugby again this season, not at championship level anyway. 

That's my thought as well Graham, SL are talking about playing behind closed doors.

Have you read that Guardian article posted by BSJ.

No chance! Social distancing will prohibit live sport until a suitable vaccine has been administered to the majority. We could be lucky to see next season start on schedule!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

No chance! Social distancing will prohibit live sport until a suitable vaccine has been administered to the majority. We could be lucky to see next season start on schedule!

I think sports that have sponsorship deals to show on TV will play behind closed doors. At our level, where attendances provide our main source of finance, I suspect you will be right. 

I think from Championship level down, we can forget anything further this calendar year ..... The focus, I would suggest, needs to be on safeguarding the clubs' existence.... Plan, when possible, for 2021 and do whatever we can in the meantime to help our clubs survive & undertake that planning .... What is of some comfort is that both Batley and Dewsbury look certain to be around when it does restart .... I bet there's a few SL clubs would gladlys swap places with either of us right now ... Good luck to 'em all ??

Archived