McManus rejects proposal for 11-team Super League

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s amazing how every thread that doesn’t descend into an argument about the merits of TWP turns into one about Leigh. For the record I’d happily see Leigh in SL if they get promoted. 

And that is all championship clubs want, preferably on the pitch.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s amazing how every thread that doesn’t descend into an argument about the merits of TWP turns into one about Leigh. For the record I’d happily see Leigh in SL if they get promoted. 

All the time

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

Its not just aboht drawing crowds though is it.

Its player development, additional viewers both TV and in stadiums 

Additional sponsors

Etc... 

We need more BIG clubs and less make up the number clubs

BIG ?

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

And yet Catalan had a TV contract and grew their attendance to near capacity on a weekly basis. Catalan are one of if not the most commercially succsessful club in SL.

In addition didnt Catalan get over 5 figures in every road game they have played?

London also have potential to get over 5 figures but they need to put down roots.

I am sure if they held some showcase games theg could get over 5 figures easily

Potential ?

Showcase ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Would ? , Is that potential again ?

Last season Toulouse were two wins away from SL, and in a home Semi Final struggled to have more fans there than the visitors, in a small crowd. So do we assume another 9000 will turn up when SL teams come to town?

4 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Leigh average largely made up of lots of away fans travelling a handful of miles from exotic local towns like St Helens, Wigan, Warrington and little further afield like Leeds.

You were there were you ? , Only Saints brought a sizeable amount 

4 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Why not drill down into the reasons that LB/HQ haven't maintained the heady crowds for the World Club Challenge, and early SL, or is that beyond you ?

Is that my fault ? , Harry's maybe ? , Who's ' fault ' is it ? , How much investment , and by who is needed in your opinion to address the reasons you point out ?

4 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

London v Wigan Warriors on Saturday 17th August 1996 did indeed draw a crowd of 10,014. that is within the last 25 years.* There have al;so been a few 9,000 and 8,000 attendances since, I admit not recently but #justsaying.

* And as Max Boyce would have put it I should know for i was there.

So what went wrong ?

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

It is easy with the right people and supportive structure, 

Both of these are missing in RL.

Just look at what the NFL has acheived

The NFL ? , You are comparing SL to the NFL ? 😂

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , don't you ? 

Ah but I forget Headingley doesn't have an away end , just a wet end 😂

Summers better over here! Lovely spot to have a beer watching the summer rugby! Don't need to drive if you get the train oh...

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , but why is that ? 

Probably because there are quite a lot of us interested enough in RL to come one here ,unlike some other clubs 😀

Or a load of old blokes who like a whinge and prefer forums to that new fangled social media 😉

21 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Last season Toulouse were two wins away from SL, and in a home Semi Final struggled to have more fans there than the visitors, in a small crowd. So do we assume another 9000 will turn up when SL teams come to town?

Oh , I agree , I've been to Toulouse twice , loved it both times , but they are virtually invisible in the city , ask for directions to watch them , blank faces and gallic shrugs are the order of the day , not saying it couldn't happen , it's a big place , but !

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Every national store started out as a corner shop in some fashion or other. Learning from some of the best surely isn't a bad thing?

There are things to learn , and implementations that should have happened , I tried to get the 20 ' unlicenced ' clubs to do some of the in 2008 , but !

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Summers better over here! Lovely spot to have a beer watching the summer rugby! Don't need to drive if you get the train oh...

That'll be why the away fans end up there then 😉

Archived