Covid 19

clifford

Having had to self isolated for 5 plus months  because I am classed as at risk. I was told to back to the office on 01/09. I work in Bolton. On 07/09 I tested positive for the bloody virus, which means that walking hurts going up stairs makes you breathless. Touch wood it doesn't become more serious.

Sleep is a  luxury. Hopefully at some point in 2021 the rugby season will commence with crowds after due diligence but this is rugby league.

For all yeds please stay safe

4 hours ago, clifford said:

Having had to self isolated for 5 plus months  because I am classed as at risk. I was told to back to the office on 01/09. I work in Bolton. On 07/09 I tested positive for the bloody virus, which means that walking hurts going up stairs makes you breathless. Touch wood it doesn't become more serious.

Sleep is a  luxury. Hopefully at some point in 2021 the rugby season will commence with crowds after due diligence but this is rugby league.

For all yeds please stay safe

I'm thinking of you mate. With a bit of luck we'll all be back cheering our roughyeds to victory. Look after yourself. 

5 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Why is Bolton foreign parts. To us on the correct side of the Pennines it is.

That's how tribal we are mate. To an Oldhamer, Rochdale might as well be Rhodesia. There's no way your on the correct side of the Pennines, violating sheep and all that (joke). I love the banter between us. Take care mate. 

hi roger t you may not know this, but a lot of older end oldhamers are just as much yorkshire as you are. if they where born in the oldham  districts of

delph / uppermill /saddleworth /denshaw /diggle /groton /they where born in the west riding of yorkshire.

3 hours ago, tandle said:

hi roger t you may not know this, but a lot of older end oldhamers are just as much yorkshire as you are. if they where born in the oldham  districts of

delph / uppermill /saddleworth /denshaw /diggle /groton /they where born in the west riding of yorkshire.

Hi Tandle, Saddleworth still is in Yorkshire.........it was purely the administration areas which changed in 1974 so that we came under OMBC, the county boundaries never changed!

27 minutes ago, clifford said:

I think its day 10,  still have a headache and I still have a tight chest. The temperature gone and completely bored 

We need you fighting ###### for next season ,  come on you can do it.😀😀😀

6 hours ago, clifford said:

I think its day 10,  still have a headache and I still have a tight chest. The temperature gone and completely bored 

Come on mate, seems your doing OK. We need you cheering the team on next season. All the mate, get well soon. 

• 1 month later...

it is sad to announce that ray broadbent as passed away at the oldham royal hospital of covid 19 ray was a lifelong oldham supporter and all though being a amputee rarely missed a home game in all weather conditions he was 74 years old. ray and his brother chris sponsored a lot of oldham over several years a very  sad loss  of a great supporter and friend.

55 minutes ago, tandle said:

it is sad to announce that ray broadbent as passed away at the oldham royal hospital of covid 19 ray was a lifelong oldham supporter and all though being a amputee rarely missed a home game in all weather conditions he was 74 years old. ray and his brother chris sponsored a lot of oldham over several years a very  sad loss  of a great supporter and friend.

Sad news. Didn't know the gentleman personally. As with all rugby league at Oldham we're family. He'll be missed by his family, friends and all at the club. My condolences to his family and all who knew him. RIP. 

Archived