Bans and Appeals

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

I hold my hands up and admit to being very confused.

Sarge charged with Grade B found guilty, gets 2 games, appeals and down graded to Grade A and no ban. great news for Salford but what on earth changed in 24 hours ?

The fact that 2 different Panels can regularly see the same offence so differently would suggest that the system isn't robust.

22 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The fact that 2 different Panels can regularly see the same offence so differently would suggest that the system isn't robust.

No, it just means we have an active appeals process like virtually every sport does?

Also, the players and their clubs AFAIK don't submit evidence or testimony unless they appeal.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That could be extended to International matches also, so how about if you are found guilty of any misdemeanor it only applies to the competition it is commited in? The culprit then being allowed to play in any others!

I agree there are anomalies.  But well, politics can find itself mixed up wuth these things.

Archived