putting out weakened teams

54 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I might be alone here but I’d quite welcome more footage, live or otherwise, of Academy and reserve games going forward. I know Saints were planning on it on the Saints TV that was launched this year and I imagine Wigan do this already as I’m sure some of their Academy games are free to watch online already but it might be something for OurLeague maybe. 

Wigan do show the Academy and Reserve games on Wigan TV as you thought. Pre-season games including the Capital Challenge which feature lots of the next generation get streamed as well. They also have the under-16s games and the women's games on there too. Some of the games have been streamed on Twitch as well IIRC.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Mid week games, no reserve or second tier leagues to give players a game... Both very good reasons to put out weakened teams and rotate players occasionally. I think it would be extremely poor roster management not to.

And who's fault is it there aren't any reserve teams? Not knocking seeing young talent good for the game my point was i was sick of hearing the commentars feeling sorry for Wigan's less experienced team. 

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s Covid’s fault. 

Nowt to do with covid the reason we don't have reserves, SL clubs don't want to spend money on them.

6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Mid week games, no reserve or second tier leagues to give players a game... Both very good reasons to put out weakened teams and rotate players occasionally. I think it would be extremely poor roster management not to.

And who's fault is it there aren't any reserve teams? Not knocking seeing young talent good for the game my point was i was sick of hearing the commentars feeling sorry for Wigan's less experienced team. 

16 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Nowt to do with covid the reason we don't have reserves, SL clubs don't want to spend money on them.

There was literally a reserve league starting this year. Covid put paid to that. 

28 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

There was literally a reserve league starting this year. Covid put paid to that. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I thought it had been shelved even before the lockdown situation?

https://warringtonwolves.com/news/2020/april/Statement-Reserves-season-cancelled/

Expect to see more balanced teams with the two games in a week being both league games as opposed to cup semi finals on the weekend. Any club would be silly not to prioritise everything into the cup game (especially given the relative league situations too).

On 30/09/2020 at 21:54, Dave T said:

People overstate the importance of Wigan v Saints, the viewing figures don't back up the level of importance some fans give it, and whilst Sky pretty much always show the game, they even passed on one of the derbies last year. 

There is context around last night's fixtures, and Sky are aware of it. They can also see we are putting on a very good show in very difficult circumstances. 

Thats probably because usually everyone goes the game or is watching their own side play

Archived