Crowds at State of Origin

haskey

With 52000 crowd at Brisbane for the decider today, surely the RFL should be pushing the Government hard to allow our 2000/2500 crowd into POR  any time soon ?

There's a slight difference.
The state of Queensland had 1 new case today, has 10 active cases, and zero Covid patients in ICUs.
Meanwhile at Pinderfields there are more than 300 Covid patients and they are expecting a "dramatic increase" in the next fortnight.:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54964277

There may indeed be some questions that the Government should be being pushed hard about, but we are in a very different situation to Australia.

13 hours ago, haskey said:

Good knowledge Phantom. You obviously have  done your homework.

It's amazing when you look at how much better the situation is  for some countries than it us for us.

How much of that is down to socio-geographic factors and how much down to how it's been handled is probably more a topic for the any other business/political forum though.

Let's just hope that all the clubs can get through the winter, the impact of the vaccines is swift and we can all get back to watching some rugby league.

19 hours ago, haskey said:

Good knowledge Phantom. You obviously have  done your homework.

Message from grandson who has a business over there in Melbourne. 2 months ago had strict lockdown with great results. As is usual, opened everything up and heigh ho it was back with a vengeance. Since then had another strict lockdown for 6 weeks and now life is more or less back to normal. Proves that with self discipline and consideration for others, it can be done. I wonder how we would have managed during the second world war?.

41 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Message from grandson who has a business over there in Melbourne. 2 months ago had strict lockdown with great results. As is usual, opened everything up and heigh ho it was back with a vengeance. Since then had another strict lockdown for 6 weeks and now life is more or less back to normal. Proves that with self discipline and consideration for others, it can be done. I wonder how we would have managed during the second world war?.

Less than 1000 deaths throughout Australia while we have 53000 and more probably when the figures are scrutinised.

Times were hard during the second world war. But we obeyed the rules and got through. At age 4/5 I wore my gas mask every time I was told to. Too many people at the moment are not obeying the rules.

I'am afraid we've moved on since the war and sadly not for the better. Not as much respect now from all ages not just the younger generation. It's a shame some people can't pull together (like in WW2) and help get rid of this Pandemic for EVERYONE! 

Archived