Austrian RL Green Shoots

2 hours ago, langpark said:

I think the word "restart" is a bit misleading. Not blaming you, but the article.

Anyway, great news, best of kuck to him. Hopefully there are others out there in Austria keen to help him out and get things moving. 

Fair point.............yes he certainly needs assistance, it's a difficult task so many hands make light work

• DoubleD changed the title to Austrian RL Green Shoots
17 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Another disappointingly brief post, mate. We never seem to fully benefit from all your expertise. Why so coy, mate?

We are not as loquacious as the good people of Pudsey in my part of the world.

On 17/03/2021 at 18:23, langpark said:

Also, Vienna is lucky to be located where it is, because even if they only form one team, they can still play matches fairly easily.  Nearest club, Mikulov Roosters is just 85km away, next nearest, Havlickuv Brod, is 190km, as the map below shows...

https://www.facebook.com/czech.rugby.league/photos/a.503653346318470/906552796028521

10 senior clubs in the Czech Republic, that’s great, I had no idea there were so many. Top country to visit as well. 

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

10 senior clubs in the Czech Republic, that’s great, I had no idea there were so many. Top country to visit as well. 

The map is a few years old, I think these days they have 8-9 clubs, still not bad.

Chrudim Angels are now the Chrudim Rabbitohs

Pardubice Jets either folded or merged with one of their neighbouring teams

Usti Nad Labem I had not actually heard of at all, so I think it's safe to say they folded

And the Prague team, unfortunately was short-lived.  For all the great work the Czechs have done over the years, it seems they just cannot crack Prague, which is a bit of a shame.  Hopefully some day soon it might happen.

Teams that have recently appeared (but not sure if they will stick with League or if they are just union teams experimenting) are:  Moravska Trebova All Plebs, Letohrad Barbarians, Jizni Morava and Trutnov RLC.

9 hours ago, Newguy said:

It's on my to do list.

BTW, and wildly off-topic (apologies to the OP and Austrians), I recall seeing a highly loquacious young lady on an episode of Police Ten 7. Rather belied your portrayal of the innately laconic NZer. Although there could have been some meth involved. Cops certainly thought so.

Another fact I`ve learned from the aforementioned law enforcement show about your part of the world is that you grow a lot of something called "Kinnebass". What`s that, mate?

On 22/03/2021 at 21:48, unapologetic pedant said:

BTW, and wildly off-topic (apologies to the OP and Austrians), I recall seeing a highly loquacious young lady on an episode of Police Ten 7. Rather belied your portrayal of the innately laconic NZer. Although there could have been some meth involved. Cops certainly thought so.

Another fact I`ve learned from the aforementioned law enforcement show about your part of the world is that you grow a lot of something called "Kinnebass". What`s that, mate?

A medical relaxation plant that for some strange reason is banned. That show is in a bit of bother regarding its portrayal of Maōri and Pacifika peoples at the moment. Post pandemic, you should get down there mate. You would love it.

Archived