And so on to Newcastle

RogerT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit tied up on attack this week, not sure where to be putting balls, will have to loosen up a bit 2nd half. Tackling good on the whole, only missed 1 in open play but the way we jammed in and left them 15 yards to play in was perturbing.

Excellent win, could have gone to pieces after their rally late on (that we gave them) but very solid defensively. Some solid performances, not many mistakes and I think...

TOP OF THE LEAGUE 💥

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

5 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

I got fed up with what seemed inane drivel from the commentary team, especially in the first half.  Is it just the grumpy old man in me?

Well done on a workmanlike victory.

thought the lad with the Geordie accent was OK, but John helm (I think) didn't really seem to know what was going on. 

I thought the score didn't really reflect our dominance.

I know that Gilmore and Leak will take the plaudits, but thought our pack in the first 20 were really impressive, especially Blagbrough and Gledhill, and Lillycrop was impressive when he came on.

6 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Excellent win, could have gone to pieces after their rally late on (that we gave them) but very solid defensively. Some solid performances, not many mistakes and I think...

TOP OF THE LEAGUE 💥

P M You are not top of the league I' m afraid. But it's worth a try😄😄😄

31 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

I got fed up with what seemed inane drivel from the commentary team, especially in the first half.  Is it just the grumpy old man in me?

Think yourself lucky, I'm currently having to endure the Bradford match and there's more life in a tramps vest!! 

Another foot off the gas show, our game nailed on for 65 minutes then we went for a nothing, going nowhere pass 60 yards out on tackle 4 and let them in. Could have been difficult if they'd been holding their passes. We'll be great when we play for 80 minutes!! That said, discipline was great today, we're getting away from tackles, not trying to disrupt the ball and keeping our tackles low.

4 minutes ago, phildog said:

Another foot off the gas show, our game nailed on for 65 minutes then we went for a nothing, going nowhere pass 60 yards out on tackle 4 and let them in. Could have been difficult if they'd been holding their passes. We'll be great when we play for 80 minutes!! That said, discipline was great today, we're getting away from tackles, not trying to disrupt the ball and keeping our tackles low.

I think that is a little on the harsh side They scored their first try after back to back penalties for the same offence, which is careless. The dropped pass that led to their try was worth it - these things happen when we score so many points  and throw the ball around a bit.

Not sure the score reflected our dominance, but a decent win nonetheless.

34 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think that is a little on the harsh side They scored their first try after back to back penalties for the same offence, which is careless. The dropped pass that led to their try was worth it - these things happen when we score so many points  and throw the ball around a bit.

Not sure the score reflected our dominance, but a decent win nonetheless.

Damn right DD, I'd agree with that.

I'd have taken a 1 point win today.Any away victory is a good victory and I'm really  happy with that.

Some other people think we should be turning teams over with ease for some strange reason 🙄🙄

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Your right il cattivo, any win is great and more the sweeter when away, now lets do our boggie team away next week.

Archived