English players in French RL competitions / teams ?

Know that a number of Australians and New Zealanders of varying RL pedigree have turned out for various French sides.   From former top level types to bush footy players.  Believe there is a French " Koalas" gathering of former Australian players occassionally.

Has it been an attraction for English players in the past ? Have French teams actively recruited from England 

Possibly not from a career enhancing point of view but more the experience. 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

There was a coach at one of the Elite clubs who brought over a couple from Castleford’s academy as that’s where he was from.

There we’re, I’d say, 10-15 Brits down there this season - I say Brits as there were a couple of Welsh lads in that group. 

15 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I came for one season in 1999 and still here! 

I can fully understand that Barnyia.

Do you know (Forget the name) the Aussie player who came to play with x111 Catalan around 30 + years ago stayed married a French girl and now runs a bar in Ille Sur Tet (I think he was with Penrith Panthers originally)

Paul

Carpentras in 2000 had a tough team. Was you the big blonde fella? Was they in elite 1 or elite 2 that year? I remember a cup semi played at Montpellier v limoux around 2000 and your french prop cleaned out the three Limoux foreigners in about the first 10 minutes,  Quite a few Aussies and kiwis  came and stayed here, Tyrone Pau, Bernie Ernst, Vincent wulf, Vinnie Anderson, David foti, John wagafa , Daniel wagon, Jarron Taylor, Tony duggan, To name just a few of the top of my head, 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I can fully understand that Barnyia.

Do you know (Forget the name) the Aussie player who came to play with x111 Catalan around 30 + years ago stayed married a French girl and now runs a bar in Ille Sur Tet (I think he was with Penrith Panthers originally)

Paul

No, but my mate Dave foti does. 

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

Carpentras in 2000 had a tough team. Was you the big blonde fella? Was they in elite 1 or elite 2 that year? I remember a cup semi played at Montpellier v limoux around 2000 and your french prop cleaned out the three Limoux foreigners in about the first 10 minutes,  Quite a few Aussies and kiwis  came and stayed here, Tyrone Pau, Bernie Ernst, Vincent wulf, Vinnie Anderson, David foti, John wagafa , Daniel wagon, Jarron Taylor, Tony duggan, To name just a few of the top of my head, 

No I played Stand off. I was only there for few months after christmas. Just a short term deal before summer season started

Archived