Jump to content

Cawston Park


Recommended Posts

I was having a good day.... then I watched the news..... my violently profane response to this counters the pacifist in me. I'd leather the b'stards then send them all down to pokey for a few years.

How many more times ffs. Its like Winterbourne view never happened.

I'm your stereotypical example of a big soft sheeite. But I really would swing a few at those b'stards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


You only need to look at how people talk about "underlying conditions" to see how many people view those with disablities and long-term illness. And that is so much worse for learning disabilities.

I'm not going to get into scales of marginalisation but in terms of vulnerability it's hard to think of a more vulnerable group that is more (deliberately) neglected.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You only need to look at how people talk about "underlying conditions" to see how many people view those with disablities and long-term illness. And that is so much worse for learning disabilities.

I'm not going to get into scales of marginalisation but in terms of vulnerability it's hard to think of a more vulnerable group that is more (deliberately) neglected.

John. I spend my life trying to protect the most vulnerable and marginalised people in our society. 

Today's news is just so fkn wrong. I perhaps should abstain from here tonight. The anger in me is too much. It's just so wrong.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robin Evans said:

John. I spend my life trying to protect the most vulnerable and marginalised people in our society. 

Today's news is just so fkn wrong. I perhaps should abstain from here tonight. The anger in me is too much. It's just so wrong.

 

Little Ginger has an official diagnosis that makes him count as learning disabled.

I know how quickly so many otherwise perfectly reasonable people would abandon him.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Little Ginger has an official diagnosis that makes him count as learning disabled.

I know how quickly so many otherwise perfectly reasonable people would abandon him.

I have a disability myself, which is not visible and so when I meet new people or new work colleagues I am obliged to inform them and its amazing the amount of people who, upon finding out, suddenly look at you with a look of disgust and start treating you like you're a gremlin or something, either that or they become incredibly patronising and start treating you like you're a toddler who needs help with every little thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I have a disability myself, which is not visible and so when I meet new people or new work colleagues I am obliged to inform them and its amazing the amount of people who, upon finding out, suddenly look at you with a look of disgust and start treating you like you're a gremlin or something, either that or they become incredibly patronising and start treating you like you're a toddler who needs help with every little thing. 

I will not like your post HG as that would be wrong but it echoes my situation to a tee , changing jobs the patronising bunch now blank you in the street.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I read about these tragic deaths, I almost felt like I'd been reading about some early Victorian asylum and the goings on there two hundred years ago. This is absolutely awful, I really hope anybody found responsible suffers the maximum form of whatever punishment can be handed out.

Doesn't look promising though when the Police seem unable to find their person of interest, even though a quick Google search finds that he's apparently linked to an address listed on the Government's companies house website. One of these companies has a rather unfortunate name, given the deaths at Cawston Park.

Edited by Old Frightful

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

When I read about these tragic deaths, I almost felt like I'd been reading about some early Victorian asylum and the goings on there two hundred years ago.

It's an extreme consequence of austerity and society not caring. I wish it were different.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It's an extreme consequence of austerity and society not caring. I wish it were different.

Political.  Not reported. Try self-control and self-censorship. 

Society is more caring about these things than ever, with more and more past cases being reviewed and people (belatedly) being brought to book. Undobtedly some of this stuff may well be going on now and yes, some punishments seem lenient, but at least they are being uncovered, and whistle-blowers being listened to more.

Lots  more to do, of course, but as each situation is uncovered, so organisations will be looking inwards to ensure this stuff is not happening on thier watch.

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JohnM said:

Political.  Not reported. Try self-control and self-censorship. 

Society is more caring about these things than ever, with more and more past cases being reviewed and people (belatedly) being brought to book. Undobtedly some of this stuff may well be going on now and yes, some punishmenst seem lenient, but at least they are being uncovered, and whitle-blowers being listened to more.

Lots  more to do, of course, but as each situation is uncovered, so organisations will be looking inwards to ensure this stuff is not happening on thier watch.

I hadn't realised this wasn't on politics. I shall do better in future.

TBH, things aren't improving. They are going backwards. Local services can't deal with the numbers needing to use them and, for example, learning support for people with disabilities effectively doesn't exist within mainstream provision in many places any more so more people find themselves in unsuitable institutions (which, themselves, are often trying their best but are understaffed, undertrained etc).

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I hadn't realised this wasn't on politics. I shall do better in future.

TBH, things aren't improving. They are going backwards. Local services can't deal with the numbers needing to use them and, for example, learning support for people with disabilities effectively doesn't exist within mainstream provision in many places any more so more people find themselves in unsuitable institutions (which, themselves, are often trying their best but are understaffed, undertrained etc).

Plenty of scope there. 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Apalling, and only adds the (well-founded) belief that the poilce look after their own.

I'm still trying to process this ... coming straight after yesterday's dreadful reported news.

Politically, I know you and I are polar opposites John, but on this I'm fairly certain we agree that this is way beyond the pale. I'm really struggling to vent my anger without the use of profanity on this forum. 

The anger I've felt unable to properly express these last two days is ridiculous.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...