the "our ailments" thread

Yesterday, my eyes were watering, my nose running and there were several explosive sneezes that made me see stars.

Yes, an antihistamine calmed everything down, but this is February for God's sake! I normally start taking these pills in June.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Yesterday, my eyes were watering, my nose running and there were several explosive sneezes that made me see stars.

Yes, an antihistamine calmed everything down, but this is February for God's sake! I normally start taking these pills in June.

try fresh pineapple - and let me know

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I have mobility problems. Lumbar stenosis and cauda equina, as well as osteoarthritis in both hips and lower spine.  Walking any distance has been an issue. Two weeks ago I had a caudal epidural steroid injection. Very unpleasant and quite painful.  It's made a huge and positive difference, though, although my chances of playing for Wigan have not improved.

On 19/02/2024 at 17:08, graveyard johnny said:

try fresh pineapple - and let me know

How's that taken Johnny, do you eat it or are we talking a death by mau mau situation?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

20 hours ago, JohnM said:

I have mobility problems. Lumbar stenosis and cauda equina, as well as osteoarthritis in both hips and lower spine.  Walking any distance has been an issue. Two weeks ago I had a caudal epidural steroid injection. Very unpleasant and quite painful.  It's made a huge and positive difference, though, although my chances of playing for Wigan have not improved.

If I were you, I'd still take my boots with me next time I go. Just in case. 🙂

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I might just do that Tony, though I'm finding it harder these days to find dubbin and to nail those old leather studs into my boots.🙂  We're moving closer to Wigan so I might actually get to a game without staying overnight.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

I might just do that Tony, though I'm finding it harder these days to find dubbin and to nail those old leather studs into my boots.🙂  We're moving closer to Wigan so I might actually get to a game without staying overnight.  

Dubbin and leather studs nailed onto the soles. Oh, the memories! Thanks for that.

Good luck with the move.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.