Jump to content

Recommended Posts

i will start off 

arthritic knee

pain in toe joints

sinuses that are a wonder to the modern world- but at least private percy still stands to attention 

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, Johnoco said:

How do you define arthritic knee pain?

 

al be honest - i think the doc got it wrong (couldnt wait to get rid of me) not had it in about 8 months and it came on while jogging similar to shin splints but it was very painful to put weight on and lasted about 3 weeks 

  • Thanks 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/09/2021 at 18:58, graveyard johnny said:

pain in toe joints

That'll be gout.

  • Sad 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/09/2021 at 12:29, graveyard johnny said:

al be honest - i think the doc got it wrong (couldnt wait to get rid of me) not had it in about 8 months and it came on while jogging similar to shin splints but it was very painful to put weight on and lasted about 3 weeks 

Gout. Lots of fluids and ibuprofen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ackroman said:

Gout. Lots of fluids and ibuprofen

I have gout, and have had it for about 20 years. Very unpleasant,  but fortunately only happens a few occasions a year. Drastically improved since starting taking apple cider vinegar. One tablespoon a day mixed with a 100ml of water. MUST be raw and unpasteurised with the mother.

 

 

 

22039_1.jpg

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing that helps with gout is cherries/cherry juice. It isn't a cure, but it does help with keeping it at bay and recovering from it. Plus, if you're going to regularly drink fruit juice for general health reasons, it may as well have a second benefit and taste good too.

If you can't get that, then a daily dose of a small amount of bicarbonate of soda stirred into a glass of water is also recommended, but it doesn't taste nearly as nice.

Edited by Futtocks

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

I couldn't, I'm too embarrassed.

well thats gonna lead to speculation so you might as well spill the beans now

  • Haha 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

well thats gonna lead to speculation so you might as well spill the beans now

I know you hate speculation, only the facts, so I won't bother you with my beans.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Padge said:

That'll be gout.

I've had it for 40 years. Etoricoxib is the best thing I have ever had to help it go away. Unfortunately the GP's don't like it due to some pretty nasty contraindications. I like It because all my other aches and pains go away too.

I have been on Allopurinol for about 2 years and touch wood it's working for me. 

I read somewhere that one of the worst triggers is nettles, so I gave them up😎.

Crab and some sea food seems ( much to my disgust)  to by one of my triggers. One of these days I am going to bite the bullet and try eating crab again just to see if the Allopurinol keeps it away.

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

I've had it for 40 years. Etoricoxib is the best thing I have ever had to help it go away. Unfortunately the GP's don't like it due to some pretty nasty contraindications. I like It because all my other aches and pains go away too.

I have been on Allopurinol for about 2 years and touch wood it's working for me. 

I read somewhere that one of the worst triggers is nettles, so I gave them up😎.

Crab and some sea food seems ( much to my disgust)  to by one of my triggers. One of these days I am going to bite the bullet and try eating crab again just to see if the Allopurinol keeps it away.

I was on Allopurinol for about 20 years never had an episode of gout. Doctor suggested I come off it 2 years ago, not sure after last week it was a good idea.

  • Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have been drinking gin on a regular basis for the last 20 years and never had thrush - coincidence?  am not prepared to risk finding out 

  • Haha 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i have been drinking gin on a regular basis for the last 20 years and never had thrush - coincidence?  am not prepared to risk finding out 

You're obviously not Napoleon Solo, Illya Kuryakin or even Mr Waverly. Therefore, Thrush wouldn't touch you.

  • Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i have been drinking gin on a regular basis for the last 20 years and never had thrush - coincidence?  am not prepared to risk finding out 

Might not have had it but you are one. 😄

 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...